Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 01:25 PM

953 posts, read 1,831,152 times

Advertisements

About time. It is interesting to note that DFW is adding one person every 4 minutes (explosive migration).
Possible sites are south of downtown.

Texas Bullet Train Company Announces Possible Dallas Rail Station Sites | KERA News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 06:56 AM

290 posts, read 388,085 times
I love this idea.. and really hope they see it thru. I didn't see any mention of a possible timeline, curious to know what that would be. I travel to Houston often and the traffic as soon as you get into the Houston area has become awful unless you're traveling EARLY morning or pretty late.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:25 PM

3,836 posts, read 4,444,557 times
One problem: isn't Houston as crappy as Dallas when it comes to public transport? So say you take the train and your final destination is an hour from the train station? Not that convenient really

Old 02-07-2015, 02:31 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,121,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
One problem: isn't Houston as crappy as Dallas when it comes to public transport? So say you take the train and your final destination is an hour from the train station? Not that convenient really
Yes, public transit is terrible. I rather have a 2 1/2 hr trip(90 min train, 1 hr public transit) with a cat nap and playing on my tablet than drive for 4 1/2 hours to reach the same place.

Many people, including me, would be visiting family and friends, so I would get picked up at the station for 15-20 min ride.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:55 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,559,658 times
Quote:
Yes, public transit is terrible. I rather have a 2 1/2 hr trip(90 min train, 1 hr public transit) with a cat nap and playing on my tablet than drive for 4 1/2 hours to reach the same place.
Maybe...but not unless the ticket price is pretty dang low. And I doubt it will be.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:05 PM

290 posts, read 388,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSooner View Post
Maybe...but not unless the ticket price is pretty dang low. And I doubt it will be.
Yeah says tickets will be approx. 80% cost of a plane ticket. Not sure what the big benefit may be then? I suppose not having to deal with airport annoyances, weather or other delays.. so on and so forth. Personally, I would not be using public trans upon arrival. Friends would pick me up, and if traveling for work.. I'd take cab on their dime. Best possible scenario would be if your end destination is somewhere in the vicinity of the station, of course.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:21 PM

953 posts, read 1,831,152 times
About time dfw and houston get their act together on public transportation. This company should be advocating for it. Collin county needs a good public transportation including concepts of loops outside downtowns..

Old 02-07-2015, 11:43 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,121,427 times
Even if it were the same price, I would rather avoid the lines for baggage scan and security. The lines for baggage pick-up. I rather avoid going through the huge DFW terminal and going to a smaller train terminal.

I can be on my phone for work or meetings. Phone doesn't work in the air.

Old 02-08-2015, 04:09 AM

756 posts, read 834,380 times
Cool I Fear These Transits Expansions Are Just All Talk And Minimal Action:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara0914 View Post
I love this idea.. and really hope they see it thru. I didn't see any mention of a possible timeline, curious to know what that would be. I travel to Houston often and the traffic as soon as you get into the Houston area has become awful unless you're traveling EARLY morning or pretty late.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara0914 View Post
I didn't see any mention of a possible timeline,
This is because things like this take FOREVER to to even begin happening. Bullet Trains are like Five DECADES old already! And we still do not have one?!

Old 02-08-2015, 04:13 AM

756 posts, read 834,380 times
Talking Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzyrider View Post
About time. It is interesting to note that DFW is adding one person every 4 minutes (explosive migration).
Possible sites are south of downtown.

Texas Bullet Train Company Announces Possible Dallas Rail Station Sites | KERA News
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzyrider View Post
Really?! Link Please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas