Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 12:46 PM

2 posts, read 8,288 times

Advertisements

We're looking at the builder Wall Homes in a community in Rockwall. Has anyone built a Wall Home, and what was your experience? What things did you like/not like about the builder or home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 11:38 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,252,035 times
It's a fairly new builder that has only been in business for 2 years so they are still establishing their credibility. They have had one complaint filed with the BBB last year in Dallas that has been resolved. (they may have had others that never got filed) but that's in every business.

I would recommend that you drive the neighborhood and check out the homes that are already occupied by homeowners and knock on door and just ask them what their experience has been with the house, building process etc...

Also, remember that the sales representative in the model home works for the builder and does not represent you, you need someone to look out after your best interest.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:23 AM

134 posts, read 1,221,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
It's a fairly new builder that has only been in business for 2 years so they are still establishing their credibility. They have had one complaint filed with the BBB last year in Dallas that has been resolved. (they may have had others that never got filed) but that's in every business.

I would recommend that you drive the neighborhood and check out the homes that are already occupied by homeowners and knock on door and just ask them what their experience has been with the house, building process etc...

Also, remember that the sales representative in the model home works for the builder and does not represent you, you need someone to look out after your best interest.
Wall Homes is fairly new but am I correct in saying they acquired Newmark Homes sometime last year?

Old 01-17-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00se View Post
Wall Homes is fairly new but am I correct in saying they acquired Newmark Homes sometime last year?
That is correct, they purchased the Dallas division only of Newmark.

Actually the land up at the Shores in Rockwall used to belong to Newmark and it was part of the buyout.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,502 times
they are broke right now, thats depending on the contractor

Old 01-26-2009, 07:51 PM

175 posts, read 404,953 times
Wall Homes declared for bankruptcy not long ago. Actually it was last week.
They are on chapter 11 protection, so they are not liquidating. But in this crappy environment nobody can guarantee they will get out of the proceedings. They may end up shutting down completely.

My recommendation for purchasing a Wall Home home would be;
Buy in an already established development (meaning majority of the lots already built and have people living).
Do not build to order. If they shut down before your house is complete you will have major issues.
Purchase already built home, and close the deal as soon as possible, make sure you have your financing ready etc.
As they may not be around the warranties may not be honored, so make sure you get a good check of the house you are purchasing.

Good luck in your purchase.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:04 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
You will also want a clause put in the contract that you are NOT liable to any and all subcontractors & contractors that may have had any part in the building of said home. Otherwise, those subs that did work on the house or even PROVIDED the materials for said house if they have not been paid they CAN file a lien on it. It's not good enough just buying a finished home if they have not paid the subs or workers that actually did the work.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:44 PM

2 posts, read 6,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbear27 View Post
We're looking at the builder Wall Homes in a community in Rockwall. Has anyone built a Wall Home, and what was your experience? What things did you like/not like about the builder or home?
Never buy a Wall home. I did last November (right before they declaired Bankruptcy) and found the quality to be subpar to what almost every other builder is producing. They used the court tactics to hide from paying their subcontractors and some of the newer buyers found out well after the closing that they had leins on their property from the subs. Take my advice and go Meritage or some other REPUTABLE builder.

Last edited by FarNorthDallas; 09-23-2009 at 06:51 PM.. Reason: Deleted personal attack, name-calling

Old 09-23-2009, 10:33 PM

Wall Homes is out of bankruptcy. They are back in business. A few other builders pulled through as well.

This whole thing about subs putting a lien on homes is totally untrue. Unless the buyers paid for the house cash and were stupid enough not to buy a title policy.

Naima

Old 12-07-2009, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,661 times
I am having a Wall Home built and am a couple of weeks away from closing. Save yourself some stress and avoid this homebuilder. Their work is sloppy and substandard and all I have heard from them is excuse after excuse. I WOULD NOT buy from, or build with them again and WOULD NOT recommend them to anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: