Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 10:40 PM

4 posts, read 5,513 times

Advertisements

Hello all!

My hubs was recently transferred to the area and we are looking to move to Frisco. We are coming from Washington DC. Home prices in DC are outrageous and we are really excited about the idea of scaling our mortgage payment way back. Less house = more vacations. We are looking to be under 400k. I see a lot of nice homes in the Grayhawk neighborhood in that price point. Can anyone tell me more about the neighborhood? Any other neighborhoods we should check out? We have two young children (7 & 3). Hubs will be working in Plano and I work from home. Every neighborhood we've lived in has had neighbors older than us so because we are at different life stages we never really fit in (we are in our mid 30's) currently most of my neighbors are in their 50's. We'd like an active community with pools, parks and activities. I sincerely appreciate any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 12:14 PM

16 posts, read 17,281 times
You can expect to have a lot of Indian neighbors anywhere you live in Frisco. They are coming over in droves and building mosques everywhere. One day Frisco will be Little Delhi! Other than that Grayhawk is ok for an older neighborhood. Good luck.

Old 09-07-2015, 12:33 PM

190 posts, read 288,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already234 View Post
You can expect to have a lot of Indian neighbors anywhere you live in Frisco. They are coming over in droves and building mosques everywhere. One day Frisco will be Little Delhi! Other than that Grayhawk is ok for an older neighborhood. Good luck.
And from the sound of it, you'll be able to avoid racist bigots in Frisco.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:49 PM

241 posts, read 381,632 times
I think the average age of residents in Frisco is about 32-35 years old. You'll see a lot of kids and kids-related stuff going on around town. Grayhawk, even when it was built, was among the less expensive neighborhoods in Frisco. I don't live there so I can't tell you much about the neighborhood, but I live nearby. You'll be pretty close to anything you'd have immediate need for ... fast food (if you're into that), Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot, Costco, several other grocery stores, etc. It's a few minutes away from Toyota Stadium, soccer fields, and up the Tollway from D-League basketball, minor league baseball and hockey, etc.

One thing to not is there's construction going on along 423 right next to Grayhawk to expand it, but it can be avoided unless you simply have to travel 423, which, for most people isn't a necessity. You're coming from DC, so you're probably used to horrible traffic, but depending upon where in Plano your husband works, be aware of how long it will take to get to work. Also be sure to account for the cost of tolls getting there and back, if necessary.

Frisco is nowhere near built-out yet, which is a scary thought. lol. You'll see more stuff happening and being built directly north of you along 380 very soon ... more shopping, housing, entertainment, etc. You're basically at the northern point of commercial expansion along the Dallas North Tollway with more yet to come as soon as more housing gets built.

A realtor can help you with this way better than I can (and hopefully you have one by the time you get down here), but from what I understand, the under $400k, and especially under $300k existing home market is a battleground of bidders. lol.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your visit and end up staying.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 3,297 times
I moved from Arizona to Frisco due to my husbands job. We had three small children at the time and were looking for the best schools we could afford. Now, almost 10 years later, I'm proud to say we made the right choice. [mod]not allowed [/mod]

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 09-22-2015 at 07:08 PM..

Old 09-22-2015, 03:55 PM

4 posts, read 5,020 times
Welcome! We also recently moved here from DC. We settled in Plano, but we also looked into Frisco at the time.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:35 PM

218 posts, read 336,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifofifo View Post
And from the sound of it, you'll be able to avoid racist bigots in Frisco.
This.

Old 09-22-2015, 07:14 PM

198 posts, read 174,545 times
If commute to job is not a issue for you scenario, than Grayhawk is very good.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:18 AM

559 posts, read 935,734 times
Among entire Frisco ISD based communities, I have seen Grayhawk is appreciated the least. It's mainly because where it's located (far north-west corner of Frisco ISD boundary and major traffic bottleneck on 423 due to road expansion taking forever). It's a large community with multiple builders. My agent told me back in 2014 that on an average Grayhawk residents move-in and move-out within 3 to 5 years...... I don't know how much it's true. But definitely I have seen large number of houses listed from Grayhawk in the past 2 to 3 years.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:09 AM

409 posts, read 1,044,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas_cowboy View Post
I have seen Grayhawk is appreciated the least. It's mainly because where it's located (far north-west corner of Frisco ISD boundary and major traffic bottleneck on 423 due to road expansion taking forever). It's a large community with multiple builders. My agent told me back in 2014 that on an average Grayhawk residents move-in and move-out within 3 to 5 year
I am going to say this is true. My friend got a, her words: "great deal" on a huge house in Grayhawk a few weeks ago. It is a beautiful subdivision but the first time I went there I though OMG this would be a terrible drive to work. But her and her husband work off hours and don't have kids so It guess it works for them. The previous owner had only lived in the home 3 yrs and I found it odd she got a "great deal" on such a new home in Frisco but based on what you said above and what I thought about commute I can see there is some validity to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: