Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2016, 10:21 PM

641 posts, read 802,296 times

Advertisements

1st I'd like to say thanks for everyone that's posted on my thread and helped me find a location.

I once lived in the Keller area and hated that it lacked diversity and people seemed very superficial.

C-Ders lead me to the S Grand Prairie/Mansfield area feeding to Lake Ridge HS. This appeared to be one of the most diverse areas in the metro. Plus, the schools are ranked 9/10 or 10/10 which seems rare for minority majority schools.

Tomorrow, I will buy a dream home in Mansfield National. Very diverse neighborhood, good ranking schools, and all the houses are grand. I'm getting in for 310k. I hope this is everything I dream it to be and I want to say thanks. If there's any reason I should not buy in Mansfield National (west of holland, north of national parkway) I'd love to hear why. If it's going under, I'd love to hear about it. If it's one of Mansfield's upper tier neighborhoods, I'd love to hear that too.

The only other thing I could do is wait on a home in Grand Peninsula, Mira Lagos or Lowes Farm and hope interest rates dont rise before I find a home.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 07:10 AM

8,151 posts, read 8,354,049 times
Just want to say good luck; I know you have done a lot of research. After all your evaluation of neighborhoods, schools and other factors, I can't imagine you are going to make a huge mistake. Just wondering about -- during the interim between selling your Keller house and now -- where your family has recently been residing and where the kids have been attending school? Are you just contracting for a new build now or actually closing on a place and moving in?

You've done a excellent job on using CD as a resource!

Old 11-21-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Just want to say good luck; I know you have done a lot of research. After all your evaluation of neighborhoods, schools and other factors, I can't imagine you are going to make a huge mistake. Just wondering about -- during the interim between selling your Keller house and now -- where your family has recently been residing and where the kids have been attending school? Are you just contracting for a new build now or actually closing on a place and moving in?

You've done a excellent job on using CD as a resource!
Going from Florence Elementary in Southlake to Elizabeth Smith Elementary in Mansfield.

Culture shock was one of my worries about going to Cedar Hill ISD. We aren't getting a new build. Closing on an existing in Mansfield National and moving in.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:03 PM

1,847 posts, read 833,583 times
Good luck on the new home, Is it the home on Odyssey St? If so it should be great far enough away from the RR Tracks and all of the neighboring houses are privately owned (Not Rentals).

Old 11-22-2016, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProtege View Post
Good luck on the new home, Is it the home on Odyssey St? If so it should be great far enough away from the RR Tracks and all of the neighboring houses are privately owned (Not Rentals).
Yea.. how do u find out if the homes are rentals? Are any homes north of national and west of holland rentals?

Old 11-23-2016, 03:43 PM

1,847 posts, read 833,583 times
TAD Tarrant County Appraisal District. Search the street address, check that the homes address matches the home owners address. if the home owners name is something like "silver homes LLC" or the home owners address is different from the actual address. it's either a rental or Bank owned property. The only exception I've found to this is if the home owner is also a local business owner and is using there business address.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:07 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
We have work friend of my husband who bought in that area when they moved from Shreveport...they wanted Colleyville or NRichland Hills but couldn't afford to buy pre 2008 when the market was so hot...
Their house is on golf course and has a pool...I think they have been happy there but he lost his job last year and hasn't found anything else...
Don't know how,long they can stay there...she has gone into RE and could be very successful...very smart and a people person but that takes time...

Good luck...hope Your children make good transition and you are happy with schools.

Last edited by loves2read; 11-27-2016 at 06:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas