Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 03:34 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,680,430 times

Advertisements

Prediction...

Plano will literally be Irvine,CA in about 10 more years.That is a good thing.Every metro area could greatly benefit from having an Irvine like suburb.Should all suburbs strive to be exactly the same,no.

I am surprised that there is now such a large Indian/Eastern Asian population in Frisco.I did recently read about this situation...

https://communityimpact.com/dallas-f...ty-candidates/

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/educ...-voting-rights

Old 05-13-2019, 05:39 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,174,648 times
It’s hard to say how things will pan out for individual towns in 10 years as newer housing stocks and school buildings in newer suburbs and exurbs starts aging and school debt bonds start maturing but Texas is going to be a blue state for sure.

Old 05-13-2019, 06:38 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
OP may not be a typical Indian but house hunting for a big new cookie cutter McMansion in Frisco is a typical Indian move so he shouldn’t be complaining if those neighborhoods are saturated with typical Indians.
Yup. With that budget, go look at West Plano. Won't get as far as it would in Frisco, BUT you will likely get more diversity, older foliage, etc.

Old 05-14-2019, 01:26 PM

3,835 posts, read 4,442,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW747 View Post
Prediction...

Plano will literally be Irvine,CA in about 10 more years.That is a good thing.Every metro area could greatly benefit from having an Irvine like suburb.Should all suburbs strive to be exactly the same,no.

I am surprised that there is now such a large Indian/Eastern Asian population in Frisco.I did recently read about this situation...

I think Prosper is just another ‘Frisco starter kit’ and will follow the same development patterns especially with regards to demographics. Give it about 20 years and it too will also be heavily Indian.

Old 05-14-2019, 01:51 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,554,439 times
Quote:
Prediction...

I’m not sure Plano will ever be much closer in concept to Irvine. I think Irvine's development is already much denser than Plano’s. It also has a university so that keeps plenty of faculty who push their kids within the school system. If jobs in Legacy move, and PISD begins to slip, then people will look around and see that it’s just a suburb with nothing but tons of "old" houses.

Old 05-14-2019, 02:33 PM

446 posts, read 846,300 times
Same here, my wife and I were born in the US never had any Indian friends or lived in such communities. Like you, we were looking for something diverse, but the reality is new home construction communities in Collin Co. are chock full of Indians -- both from India and born in the US.

We moved into a community that was maybe 10% Indian at the time we purchased (early/mid phase of development). In 4 yrs, it's climbed up to 30%-40% Indian. Better than places like Richwoods, but still it's a lot of people in absolute #s with subdivisions that are 500+ homes. Personally, we don't mind it. Our kids are young but everyone is friendly and respectful. It's not like most of these H1's are looking to rock the boat by pissing off ABCDs or others.

The Grove will trend towards the same demo. PCR has its fair share, but it's a very large community so you may not notice as much.

Your best bet is to not go into a new construction home. As others have noted, the older communities in W. Plano are probably what you're looking for.

Old 05-14-2019, 03:01 PM

625 posts, read 1,956,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccernerd View Post
I’m not sure Plano will ever be much closer in concept to Irvine. I think Irvine's development is already much denser than Plano’s. It also has a university so that keeps plenty of faculty who push their kids within the school system. If jobs in Legacy move, and PISD begins to slip, then people will look around and see that it’s just a suburb with nothing but tons of "old" houses.
Actually, Plano's density (3,992 per sq. mile) exceeds Irvine's (3,200).

There are many, many reasons why Plano won't be Irvine (mainly the obscene amount of money in the area), but I think we're doing okay on density. I worry as well about the jobs - it seems as if all the suburbs are beating each other up over minor improvements in incentives - and with the current political environment, it's very easy to forsee PISD starting to slide.

Old 05-14-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I think Prosper is just another ‘Frisco starter kit’ and will follow the same development patterns especially with regards to demographics. Give it about 20 years and it too will also be heavily Indian.
The Town of Prosper is 22 square miles with a build out projection of roughly 65,000 people.I suspect most people do not realize that as of the 2020 census next year,population will be estimated close to 30,000.Do I think the feel in Prosper is already different than Frisco,yes.

Frisco is an amazing city and they have done a lot right.Not all suburbs should strive to look and feel exactly the same.

If Plano and Frisco are starting to build a substantial Indian community and those areas are closer to the metro core,I am not sure what would drive those residents to choose an “exurb” like Prosper.

Last edited by CREW747; 05-14-2019 at 04:21 PM..

Old 05-14-2019, 04:27 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,113,379 times
Quote:
The Town of Prosper is 22 square miles with a build out projection of roughly 65,000 people.I suspect most people do not realize that as of the 2020 census next year,population will be estimated close to 30,000.Do I think the feel in Prosper is already different than Frisco,yes.

Frisco is an amazing city and they have done a lot right.Not all suburbs should strive to look and feel exactly the same.

If Plano and Frisco are starting to build a substantial Indian community and those areas are closer to the metro core,I am not sure what would drive those residents to choose an “exurb” like Prosper.
The same things that would drive anybody, regardless of ethnicity. More house/lot for the money assuming the commute is doable (job in Legacy, remote employee, etc.).

Old 05-14-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NP78 View Post
The same things that would drive anybody, regardless of ethnicity. More house/lot for the money assuming the commute is doable (job in Legacy, remote employee, etc.).
Absolutely.The current median income in Prosper is roughly $136,000.The median home price is close to $500,000.

The actual property tax rate in Prosper is significantly higher than both Frisco and Plano.The lot sizes are overall a minimum of a quarter acre.I think most people who seek out a large lot town/subdivision enjoy tending to large yards and or grew up in an area where they are used to more suburban/rural living.I do think that the Prosper scenario is not appealing to plenty of people and I can see why when suburbs like Frisco and Plano exist that offer something different and a closer in location to Dallas.

Last edited by CREW747; 05-14-2019 at 05:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas