Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2021, 08:16 AM

115 posts, read 63,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
This is a lie. Abbott has always promoted Vaccines and was one of the first to get.

And he promotes voluntary use of masks. He just respects my rights to not wear one if I don't want.
Agreed. Abbott did indeed promote both mask wearing and vaccines and listens to the science. He just trusts people to do the right thing, rather than force it on them.

I'm not sure why this fake narrative is being pushed that he is anti-mask and anti-vaccine.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:48 AM

6,820 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Well many of the school districts just found a work around for his non-mask school mandates. Schools simply make the mask part of the official school uniform dress code. Thank you Paris ISD for coming up with this brilliant idea.

Old 08-18-2021, 11:35 AM

578 posts, read 479,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Makes you wonder how some of these people made it out of 3rd grade.
SARS is a respiratory illness caused by a coronavirus called SARS-CoV. There is also MERS by MERS-CoV. According to Dr. Fauci in 2003, gown, mask, gloves, and eye shields were necessary to fight against highly contagious coronavirus.

In 2019/20 we have this SARS-CoV-2, and suddenly it's not named as a respiratory syndrome. Fauci jumped to claim that it's not airborne and that no mask was needed. It was not leaked from lab and NIH did not sponsor the research by the way. 6-feet was the magic number for safe zone.

Fast forward to today and the protective vaccine cannot protect very well. Thin cloth masks become the champion again, but these useless masks have already been banned in many other countries. Europe mandates real medical-grade masks.

There have been a lot more mental gymnastics here than 3rd grade logic and 96% of MDs never have a problem with that.

Last edited by jiping; 08-18-2021 at 11:46 AM..

Old 08-18-2021, 11:54 AM

19,793 posts, read 18,079,394 times
My responses in bold.............

SARS is a respiratory illness caused by a coronavirus called SARS-CoV. There is also MERS by MERS-CoV. According to Dr. Fauci in 2003, gown, mask, gloves, and eye shields were necessary to fight against highly contagious coronavirus.

In 2019/20 we have this SARS-CoV-2, and suddenly it's not named as a respiratory syndrome. Fauci jumped to claim that it's not airborne and that no mask was needed. It was not leaked from lab and NIH did not sponsor the research by the way. 6-feet was the magic number for safe zone.

Lots of pros were wrong about masks, gowns, distancing etc. Recall early we didn't have an R0/basic reproduction number for CV-19.

We still don't know if CV-19 was leaker from a lab or not.

Fast forward to today and the protective vaccine cannot protect very well. Thin cloth masks become the champion again, but these useless masks have already been banned in many other countries. Europe mandates real medical-grade masks.

When somewhere around 90-95% of people hospitalized with covid are unvaccinated......that proves the vaccines work.

There have been a lot more mental gymnastics here than 3rd grade logic and 96% of MDs never have a problem with that.

So you are right and more or less all MDs are wrong?

Last edited by EDS_; 08-18-2021 at 12:17 PM..

Old 08-18-2021, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Lots of pros were wrong about masks, gowns, distancing etc. Recall early we didn't have and R0/basic reproduction number for CV-19.
Ah ok. So 'the science' and the MDs were wrong in the past?

Old 08-18-2021, 12:18 PM

32 posts, read 33,410 times
If a student in, for example, 5th grade tests positive, then what happens to the child's classroom?

In my state, the entire class has to stay home and do online learning for the next ten days. How would this scenario be handled in Texas if a 5th grader tests positive?

Old 08-18-2021, 12:23 PM

19,793 posts, read 18,079,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatocoins View Post
Ah ok. So 'the science' and the MDs were wrong in the past?
Docs. and scientists had very limited information early on. Some being wrong about masks then does not imply that the bulk of docs. and scientists are wrong about the vaccine now. As per normal, at least within this thread, your logic is horrendous.

Old 08-18-2021, 12:35 PM

6,820 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag King View Post
If a student in, for example, 5th grade tests positive, then what happens to the child's classroom?

In my state, the entire class has to stay home and do online learning for the next ten days. How would this scenario be handled in Texas if a 5th grader tests positive?

At my wife's school the entire class is quarantine for 10 days. At our local university (UNT) the student is quarantine and barred from campus. The student either moves back home or arrange for his own living quarters. You are banned from campus.

Old 08-18-2021, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Docs. and scientists had very limited information early on. Some being wrong about masks then does not imply that the bulk of docs. and scientists are wrong about the vaccine now. As per normal, at least within this thread, your logic is horrendous.
I'm not implying they are wrong now. On the flip side, I think it's fair to have a bit of skepticism even if 96% are currently in agreement on something.

Old 08-18-2021, 12:51 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,298,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag King View Post

According to the TEA’s rules for 2021-22, no contract tracing is required. They *should* notify close contacts, but are not required to. No dashboards or broad notifications are required this year either.

So to answer your question, it would totally depend on your school district as to if you even were ever officially informed that someone in your 5th grader’s class tester positive. Mind blowing, isn’t it?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas