Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2021, 02:16 PM

8 posts, read 10,003 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move from the northeast and all our research so far has been online so looking for some local perspective.

We started our search from looking at homes in PCR (frisco) but there is no inventory for new homes left. Edgestone at legacy seems to have a few coming up later in spring while Castle/Lakewood Hill has a few opportunities. Looking to hear from others on what they liked or disliked about either.
Looking on the map, Lakewood Hills seemed close to groceries and shops and also has a new elementary school opening up within walking distance (its a big big consideration). How the school turns out to be is of course the unknown. Edgestone at Legacy has great schools, so definitely a positive going for it. Other than convenience, diversity is a big factor for us.

Please share comments and feedback on these neighborhoods and if any similar ones should be considered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2021, 03:42 PM

1,399 posts, read 2,173,430 times
Where is your job?

I live pretty close to Edgestone at Legacy and shopping in that area is plentiful. You have a Target and Costco a few miles to the north. Is Lakewood Hill really zoned to The Colony HS? If so, that's a definite no in my opinion. I'd be fine with Hebron HS but not The Colony.

Generally speaking, most new construction (especially in Frisco) will probably have a large Indian population. That ticks the diversity box for some people, but not for others.

Old 01-20-2021, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwin View Post
Where is your job?

I live pretty close to Edgestone at Legacy and shopping in that area is plentiful. You have a Target and Costco a few miles to the north. Is Lakewood Hill really zoned to The Colony HS? If so, that's a definite no in my opinion. I'd be fine with Hebron HS but not The Colony.

Generally speaking, most new construction (especially in Frisco) will probably have a large Indian population. That ticks the diversity box for some people, but not for others.
My husband travels for work and I am taking a break at the moment but my skillset is in banking and finance - so it doesn't matter at the moment for now. There is a new STEM school opening next to the Pulte property on lakewood hills (still in Lewisville ISD). But how do the 2 areas compare against each other in terms of safety, vibrancy?

Old 01-20-2021, 05:46 PM

290 posts, read 368,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifepurpose77 View Post
My husband travels for work and I am taking a break at the moment but my skillset is in banking and finance - so it doesn't matter at the moment for now. There is a new STEM school opening next to the Pulte property on lakewood hills (still in Lewisville ISD). But how do the 2 areas compare against each other in terms of safety, vibrancy?
Most of the new builds in Frisco will be in communities that are majority Asian Indian. Lakewood Hills also has a decently sized big Asian Indian population. Frisco is definitely more sought after and vibrant.

Both areas are very safe, Frisco probably more safer.

Old 01-20-2021, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLForr View Post
Most of the new builds in Frisco will be in communities that are majority Asian Indian. Lakewood Hills also has a decently sized big Asian Indian population. Frisco is definitely more sought after and vibrant.

Both areas are very safe, Frisco probably more safer.
Great, thank you ! Would you know how Castle Hills compares to Lakewood hills? Just looking at builders, it seemed the Castle Hills area was little superior with Toll Brothers and Britton Homes. Would that be a correct assumption?

Old 01-20-2021, 06:26 PM

290 posts, read 368,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifepurpose77 View Post
Great, thank you ! Would you know how Castle Hills compares to Lakewood hills? Just looking at builders, it seemed the Castle Hills area was little superior with Toll Brothers and Britton Homes. Would that be a correct assumption?
Castle Hills is definitely nicer and more sought after. Feeds into great public schools as well. Hebron High is one of the best public high schools in DFW.

Old 02-13-2021, 06:24 AM

1 posts, read 953 times
I recently visited Frisco to checkout the houses. very few communities have few to none availability of homes except Edgestone at legacy. how is this community ? I hear some power line/station in the vicinity and also water plant nearby. Does this really affect the house when selling ? Also this community comes under Frisco High school which not many people prefer or tend to avoid. wanted to know what others are thinking about this community in general ?

Old 02-13-2021, 08:19 AM

2 posts, read 1,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raagzcd View Post
I recently visited Frisco to checkout the houses. very few communities have few to none availability of homes except Edgestone at legacy. how is this community ? I hear some power line/station in the vicinity and also water plant nearby. Does this really affect the house when selling ? Also this community comes under Frisco High school which not many people prefer or tend to avoid. wanted to know what others are thinking about this community in general ?
We are building in Edgestone right now in the south side of the neighborhood. We did not have any concerns with the power lines and water plant, but there are lots we would not even consider since they back up into the lines.

Schools for us aren’t a major concern as we won’t have kids in that age for a good 10+ years, who knows how zoning will be then (neighborhood might be rezoned to Reddy, which is right across the street). If I had kids going to high school now, I would be comfortable sending them to Frisco high, the rankings in general are pretty good.

As for selling, most of the houses that have been put onto the market have gotten offers within a week from what I can tell. I would not be surprised if they got multiple offers over asking.

Just to note, phase 3 is opening up sometime this year. It’s west of phase 2 (north neighborhood) and arguably a better location because it’s more away from the power lines and also the sports complex. Our builder has a waiting list for this phase already.

Old 06-20-2021, 05:07 PM

80 posts, read 196,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raagzcd View Post
Is there any other builders other than Trophy Signature Homes has availbility?

Old 06-20-2021, 05:08 PM

80 posts, read 196,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotwix View Post
We are building in Edgestone right now in the south side of the neighborhood. We did not have any concerns with the power lines and water plant, but there are lots we would not even consider since they back up into the lines.

Schools for us aren’t a major concern as we won’t have kids in that age for a good 10+ years, who knows how zoning will be then (neighborhood might be rezoned to Reddy, which is right across the street). If I had kids going to high school now, I would be comfortable sending them to Frisco high, the rankings in general are pretty good.

As for selling, most of the houses that have been put onto the market have gotten offers within a week from what I can tell. I would not be surprised if they got multiple offers over asking.

Just to note, phase 3 is opening up sometime this year. It’s west of phase 2 (north neighborhood) and arguably a better location because it’s more away from the power lines and also the sports complex. Our builder has a waiting list for this phase already.
I feel the next door Pearson middle school and Reed high School would be better in terms of accessibility and these ranks better as well. Do you know if there any zoning changes could happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas