Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2023, 08:33 AM

329 posts, read 283,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasCrown View Post
I hope I don't see it in my lifetime, but the US has been on a long trajectory of progressive wealth inequality that will eventually come to a tipping point when enough people are tired of being squeezed from chronically low wages and a rising cost of living. We're already seeing it among the fringe... disenfranchised people being manipulated by rhetoric into rioting, looting, attacking the government, etc.
Which obviously explains why the poorest white communities in America are significantly — by orders of magnitude — less violent, crime-ridden, and dangerous than poor, majority black neighborhoods.

Why is it we rarely, if ever, we see poor whites “rioting and looting” their neighborhoods?

The hard truth is that the individuals responsible for the chaos and destruction of communities like St. Louis, Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, and Newark simply lack the cognitive and intrapersonal capacity to function and compete in an advanced capitalist system.

Which is to say that these people will always be a societal burden and no amount of virtue signaling, social programs, or “equity” will remediate their problems. They are impoverished and violent not because of systemic racism and “white supremacy”, but because those qualities are an intrinsic fabric of their very nature.

Frankly, I’m fed up with the Left making excuses for these people and their violent, depraved, anti-social behavior. All it’s done is embolden them, and now the savagery once suppressed to America’s ghetto containment zones have now expanded into and infested formerly safe communities.

In Chicago several years back, my mother (a black woman) actually felt unsafe walking along the once beautiful and esteemed Mag Mile shopping district in the daytime. Formerly safe north side neighborhoods such as River North, Streeterville, and even Gold Coast are now perilously hazardous, with car jackings, armed robbery, murder, and assault occurring at rates unfathomable thirty years ago, let alone ten years ago.

And I don’t even need to mention the demographic group that is overwhelmingly responsible for this unfortunate transformation because everyone knows, but the media, along with the Left refuse to ever recognize and rectify the problem.

Quote:
While that certainly is an arguable statement, I have always found that when people "have skin in the game" they care what happens to themselves, their communities, etc. For those dealing with economic hardship, they have no hope and no care for a better future.
Give me a break.

These people destroy everything they touch. You could shoehorn them into six figure jobs via DEI initiatives and resettle them in the richest, most beautiful neighborhoods in America, and within a decade or two said neighborhoods will be ghetto war zones.

My father was born in abject poverty on the south side of Chicago in the early ‘50s. He had an extremely tough childhood where he was exposed to gangs, inconceivable amounts of violence, and degeneracy. He attended poor, underfunded schools and had to care for and support a mentally ill mother and several sisters.

And yet, despite all of these hardships, he went on to complete an MBA from a prestigious university and lead several corporate ventures, becoming wealthy in the process. Yes, he had grit and determination, but he also benefitted from an unusually high IQ, a quality that many, if it most of his peers lacked. IQ, or a lack thereof, is the primary reason why the people we are discussing fail at life.

Quote:
It's because their quality of life has decreased below a standard that they were comfortable with, and usually that's due to their economic situation. For those who have never had a standard of living that even reaches lower middle class, it's an explosive situation, and we see it time and again in the nation's crime statistics.
Most people’s standard of living has always been middle class. Thanks to the substantial debasement of our currency over the past three years — a consequence of reckless monetary and fiscal policy — more and more people will descend into the lower middle class.

That these people will now experience a lower quality of life relative to what they did pre-pandemic does not condone violence. The fact that you are even making this argument is completely irresponsible, and emblematic of the failure of the Left’s soft-on-crime policies which have destroyed so many lives and cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2023, 12:23 AM

4,376 posts, read 4,616,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalistiq View Post
Which obviously explains why the poorest white communities in America are significantly — by orders of magnitude — less violent, crime-ridden, and dangerous than poor, majority black neighborhoods.

Why is it we rarely, if ever, we see poor whites “rioting and looting” their neighborhoods?

The hard truth is that the individuals responsible for the chaos and destruction of communities like St. Louis, Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, and Newark simply lack the cognitive and intrapersonal capacity to function and compete in an advanced capitalist system.

Which is to say that these people will always be a societal burden and no amount of virtue signaling, social programs, or “equity” will remediate their problems. They are impoverished and violent not because of systemic racism and “white supremacy”, but because those qualities are an intrinsic fabric of their very nature.

Frankly, I’m fed up with the Left making excuses for these people and their violent, depraved, anti-social behavior. All it’s done is embolden them, and now the savagery once suppressed to America’s ghetto containment zones have now expanded into and infested formerly safe communities.

In Chicago several years back, my mother (a black woman) actually felt unsafe walking along the once beautiful and esteemed Mag Mile shopping district in the daytime. Formerly safe north side neighborhoods such as River North, Streeterville, and even Gold Coast are now perilously hazardous, with car jackings, armed robbery, murder, and assault occurring at rates unfathomable thirty years ago, let alone ten years ago.

And I don’t even need to mention the demographic group that is overwhelmingly responsible for this unfortunate transformation because everyone knows, but the media, along with the Left refuse to ever recognize and rectify the problem.

Give me a break.

These people destroy everything they touch. You could shoehorn them into six figure jobs via DEI initiatives and resettle them in the richest, most beautiful neighborhoods in America, and within a decade or two said neighborhoods will be ghetto war zones.

My father was born in abject poverty on the south side of Chicago in the early ‘50s. He had an extremely tough childhood where he was exposed to gangs, inconceivable amounts of violence, and degeneracy. He attended poor, underfunded schools and had to care for and support a mentally ill mother and several sisters.

And yet, despite all of these hardships, he went on to complete an MBA from a prestigious university and lead several corporate ventures, becoming wealthy in the process. Yes, he had grit and determination, but he also benefitted from an unusually high IQ, a quality that many, if it most of his peers lacked. IQ, or a lack thereof, is the primary reason why the people we are discussing fail at life.

Most people’s standard of living has always been middle class. Thanks to the substantial debasement of our currency over the past three years — a consequence of reckless monetary and fiscal policy — more and more people will descend into the lower middle class.

That these people will now experience a lower quality of life relative to what they did pre-pandemic does not condone violence. The fact that you are even making this argument is completely irresponsible, and emblematic of the failure of the Left’s soft-on-crime policies which have destroyed so many lives and cities.
Would your Mom feel safe in Allen now that 8 innocent people lost their lives? What excuses are the right making for yesterday’s mass shooting in a fairly safe community. Could be worse though huh? Could be River North or the Mag Mile in broad day light.

Btw, I was just in River North 2 weekends ago and didn’t feel my life was in danger not one bit. Don’t get me wrong, I’m well aware of some incidents that took place (majority late at night but still no excuse) in these particular areas post pandemic but let you tell it and it’s pure chaos in these safer neighborhoods in Chicago. Guess we got real lucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas