Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2023, 08:21 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,103,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl007 View Post
As a Frisco resident, I'm not sure how to feel about it.
It's gonna take you 45 minutes to get through one stoplight in Frisco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2023, 10:11 AM

649 posts, read 1,423,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NP78 View Post
I have seen this alluded to several times on this thread but I think it is a total non-issue (at least as it relates to the specific location, it is of course a broader societal issue).

There are a HUGE amount of apartments being built in that part of the metroplex and it isn't that far from existing affordable areas in Allen, McKinney, Plano, Carrolton, The Colony, Little Elm, etc.

It is true that there is not a framework to allow the workforce an option for public transportation, but that is really a DFW wide problem.
This is exactly what I alluded to earlier. People forget about the surrounding areas of Frisco!

Old 01-12-2023, 10:18 AM

649 posts, read 1,423,829 times
To add to the conversation. I have a feeling that the size of the actual park will be very similar to the Singapore Universal Studios location which is roughly 60 acres. I say this because ours will have parking and a hotel on the 97 acre lot.

Old 01-12-2023, 12:09 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,946,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post
Not TxDOT. In fact if TxDOT is in charge, they may opt to downgrade the infrastructure.

Besides that, where are we going to get the electricity and water? We're already struggling to get enough.
Yeah. There’s also aren’t any freeways in the area, only the Tollway. So, I understand what you mean.

It would’ve been better (IG) to put it in an area where the infrastructure is already established. I heard 380 is getting expanded in the future. IDK how long that will take, if ever.

Old 01-12-2023, 12:19 PM

679 posts, read 274,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
To add to the conversation. I have a feeling that the size of the actual park will be very similar to the Singapore Universal Studios location which is roughly 60 acres. I say this because ours will have parking and a hotel on the 97 acre lot.
More info from Fort Worth Star-Telegram:

The 97-acre theme park and resort that Universal Parks & Resorts, the theme park unit of NBCUniversal, is planning to open in Frisco will be its sixth property, and the smallest.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...#storylink=cpy

The Frisco park concept will be about one-quarter the size of traditional resorts in Los Angeles and Orlando with an adjacent hotel

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...#storylink=cpy

Old 01-12-2023, 12:20 PM

5,614 posts, read 4,939,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NP78 View Post
I have seen this alluded to several times on this thread but I think it is a total non-issue (at least as it relates to the specific location, it is of course a broader societal issue).

There are a HUGE amount of apartments being built in that part of the metroplex and it isn't that far from existing affordable areas in Allen, McKinney, Plano, Carrolton, The Colony, Little Elm, etc.

It is true that there is not a framework to allow the workforce an option for public transportation, but that is really a DFW wide problem.
New apartments are almost always aiming for top of market rent-wise, because building for the moderate and low wage workforce simply isn't a financially viable development proposition. There may be a whole bunch of new apartments being built, but they are highly unlikely to benefit workers making $20/hr or below.

Old 01-12-2023, 12:31 PM

1,399 posts, read 2,175,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post
Prices will likely drop in McKinney to those lower levels, even as they rise everywhere else.
How? Why would prices drop in McKinney only? It has a lot of the same amenities and offerings as Frisco, so why do you think the prices would be any different?

Also, let's say the prices do drop just in McKinney (I don't buy that). People will flock to McKinney, which would raise prices, right?

Old 01-12-2023, 04:13 PM

15,529 posts, read 10,499,357 times
I feel sorry for the people who live in Frisco, it's going to be a mess.

Old 01-12-2023, 07:37 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,085,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwin View Post
How? Why would prices drop in McKinney only? It has a lot of the same amenities and offerings as Frisco, so why do you think the prices would be any different?
Also, let's say the prices do drop just in McKinney (I don't buy that). People will flock to McKinney, which would raise prices, right?
Prices have already dropped more than anywhere else. They are already down year over year, and they were one of a few markets in the entire nation dropping throughout the latter half of 2021. From what I can gather, fewer buyers than ever before are willing to buy an older house, and the housing stock is quite aged. Part of it may be that McKinney just isn't known for anything of significance. However, I don't know all the reasons.

I have concerns this development will exacerbate the growing local gap between the rich and the middle class, essentially relegating the middle class to the poor. Other cities are constantly siphoning demand away from Mckinney, but Mckinney is building so many big apartments it's unreal, especially for a city with no high paying jobs. It's looking quite ugly too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I feel sorry for the people who live in Frisco, it's going to be a mess.
I don't. The people nearby who don't like it will have enough cash in equity that they can move away. Builders are already charging millions for housing that backs right up to it, and people will fall over themselves to buy knowing exactly what's going in.

Last edited by Leonard123; 01-12-2023 at 08:39 PM..

Old 01-12-2023, 09:13 PM

377 posts, read 382,506 times
That park looks like it's rated for kids 5 and under. hard pass....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas