Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2023, 10:37 AM

6 posts, read 7,487 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I moved here a year ago and haven’t ventured out of my bubble area around Mansfield area. I have a couple of adult friends (mid 50’s) coming in to visit next. With the hot weather, what kind places nearby can we explore? I don’t want to venture too far out or attempt the Dallas downtown traffic. Where to go go for nightlife (dance clubs or clubs for older people) lol? Are there any nice/classy lounges? Any nice hotels to lounge and have a drink? Trying to plan for week long activities for adult fun!. Any suggestions for both indoor and outdoor activities ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2023, 10:40 AM

5,829 posts, read 4,169,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rramos2022 View Post
Hello,

I moved here a year ago and haven’t ventured out of my bubble area around Mansfield area. I have a couple of adult friends (mid 50’s) coming in to visit next. With the hot weather, what kind places nearby can we explore? I don’t want to venture too far out or attempt the Dallas downtown traffic. Where to go go for nightlife (dance clubs or clubs for older people) lol? Are there any nice/classy lounges? Any nice hotels to lounge and have a drink? Trying to plan for week long activities for adult fun!. Any suggestions for both indoor and outdoor activities ?
Scat Jazz Lounge in Fort Worth

Old 06-30-2023, 12:41 PM

379 posts, read 366,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rramos2022 View Post
Hello,

There is a ridiculous amount of stuff to do in Central Dallas that will fool your friends into thinking you're a fun person but without a willingness to "attempt the Dallas downtown traffic" you're **** out of luck.

Old 06-30-2023, 01:34 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-...Vacations.html
https://www.traveltexas.com/

Old 06-30-2023, 03:47 PM

5,829 posts, read 4,169,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f4shionablecha0s View Post
There is a ridiculous amount of stuff to do in Central Dallas that will fool your friends into thinking you're a fun person but without a willingness to "attempt the Dallas downtown traffic" you're **** out of luck.
Wow, so much unnecessary insult and snark. I hate to break it to you, but there's fun stuff in DFW that isn't in downtown Dallas.

Old 06-30-2023, 05:38 PM

1,846 posts, read 832,254 times
Not much of a dancer of drinker, but Texas Live seems like a good option (maybe tour the stadiums as well).
Would normally meet up with co-works at Fat Daddy's in Mansfield (play some pool, have some drinks and occasionally hear an awful band play).
Visit the stockyards have some beers at the saloon's and show your friends how awful it is in the heat.
Venture around Sundance Square in downtown FW. There has to be some bars or lounges around there.
You could try Hoots in Rendon. Its a bit country bumpkin looking but a good time when busy.

Old 06-30-2023, 06:08 PM

15,528 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Well, I'd head to the Stockyards in Fort Worth. I think they are more fun than classy though. Look at the reviews on Yelp.

Old 06-30-2023, 07:03 PM

19,779 posts, read 18,073,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Scat Jazz Lounge in Fort Worth
Great call. Maybe Don Artemio* on 7th for dinner, although $$$, and Scat Lounge after.

*The blue corn quesadilla + chicken is stupid good.....and when the server says the green sauce is hot - it's a legit warning.

Old 07-02-2023, 04:54 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,763 times
50 is not as old as you think...........I have a little over a decade to go before I can actually speak from experience..But I know and are friends with a lot of 50+ aged people.

These days they blend right in with the mid-30-40-year-olds.....With no problem.

I think The "Hunch Back","White Haired", "Cane Warranted" 50 year old "GRANNY" is long gone.

Take a look at this!!...These women are in their 60's!!!

https://www.tuko.co.ke/397063-beauti...s-50-know.html

........Yep..I sure did!!!

Me: Chat GPT......What are the 20 most fun things to do in Dallas for an outgoing 50 year old? Include nightlife options also.

Quote:
As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, here are 20 fun things to do in Dallas for an outgoing 50-year-old, including some nightlife options. Please note that availability and details may have changed, so it's a good idea to check for updated information closer to your visit.

#1.Explore the Dallas Arts District: Visit the Dallas Museum of Art, Nasher Sculpture Center, and the Crow Museum of Asian Art.

#2.Visit the Sixth Floor Museum: Learn about the life and legacy of President John F. Kennedy at the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza.

#3.Take a Segway Tour: Experience a Segway tour of Dallas to cover more ground and explore popular areas like Klyde Warren Park and the West End Historic District.

#4.Discover the Dallas Zoo: Spend a day at the Dallas Zoo and see a wide variety of animals from around the world.

#5.Wander through the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden: Enjoy the beautiful gardens, seasonal displays, and events at the Dallas Arboretum.

#6.Take a food tour: Join a food tour in Dallas to sample delicious local cuisine and explore various neighborhoods.

#7.Catch a game: Attend a Dallas Mavericks (NBA) or Dallas Stars (NHL) game and cheer for the home team.

#8.Explore the Bishop Arts District: Visit this vibrant neighborhood known for its independent boutiques, art galleries, and restaurants.

#9.Take a historical tour: Explore Dallas history by visiting the Old Red Museum of Dallas County History and Culture and the Dallas Heritage Village.

#10.Enjoy live music: Check out live music venues like the House of Blues, Granada Theater, or The Rustic for a night of entertainment.

#11.Visit the Perot Museum of Nature and Science: Engage in hands-on exhibits and explore the wonders of science at the Perot Museum.

#12.Experience the Dallas Farmers Market: Browse the stalls of fresh produce, artisanal goods, and local foods at the Dallas Farmers Market.

#13.Go shopping at NorthPark Center: Shop at NorthPark Center, a premier upscale shopping mall with a wide selection of stores and dining options.

#14.Take a leisurely walk or bike ride along the Katy Trail: Enjoy the scenic views and outdoor recreation along this popular urban trail.

#15.Try indoor skydiving: Experience the thrill of indoor skydiving at iFLY Dallas and feel the sensation of freefalling.

#16.Attend a live performance: Catch a show at the AT&T Performing Arts Center or the Majestic Theatre for a night of theater, music, or dance.

#17.Visit the Dallas World Aquarium: Explore a unique indoor/outdoor aquarium with a variety of marine life and exotic birds.

#18.Go on a brewery tour: Discover the local craft beer scene by taking a brewery tour and tasting some of Dallas' best brews.

#19.Enjoy a sunset cruise on White Rock Lake: Take a relaxing boat ride on White Rock Lake and enjoy the stunning sunset views.

#20.Experience the nightlife in Deep Ellum: Explore the vibrant neighborhood of Deep Ellum, known for its live music venues, bars, and unique atmosphere.

These activities should provide you with a diverse range of options to enjoy Dallas as an outgoing 50-year-old. Remember to check for updated information and availability before your visit, as some details may have changed since my last knowledge update.
I hope this helps.

Old 07-02-2023, 06:56 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,709,862 times
A lot of the fun stuff to do around here usually involves spending money (museums, bars, restaurants, and shopping) or is catered towards families and kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas