Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2023, 07:54 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,082,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2da2nd View Post
1. Been living in Frisco since 2016. Since the pandemic, I'm working from home 100%
2. I recently have a baby and want a bigger house
3. A bigger house in Frisco is too expensive for me. Newer and bigger (year 2015+ with 3000-3500 sq.ft.) homes are nowhere within my budget.

If you MUST move, do you even have to stay in the metro area or Texas at all? Like you, ALL buyers want new. No one is buying older houses, so that makes for a highly unprecedented and drastic price gap that will force you or most other homeowners into a crummy location. Your best bet is to look in other metros or other states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2023, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkett View Post
I am also interested in Gunter mainly because I love tollway… lol. But yeah I do!
The tollway is unlikely to move that far north in our lifetimes. If it does, it will not go through Gunter but rather to the west of it. You might as well be in Pilot Point or Tioga. I'm not sure why it's so exciting for people who live there. It's just a magnet for apartments and rentals and not much else. The points of interest are more likely to follow Preston Road.

Old 07-25-2023, 09:58 PM

58 posts, read 61,302 times
I would say the Braswell feeder 380 corridor wins for diversity but loses the traffic and infrastructure award.
Melissa and Van Alstyne aren't as diverse and I'm less certain about how the traffic out there will turn out. Anna is pretty diverse though.

Old 07-25-2023, 10:25 PM

213 posts, read 239,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post
The tollway is unlikely to move that far north in our lifetimes. If it does, it will not go through Gunter but rather to the west of it. You might as well be in Pilot Point or Tioga. I'm not sure why it's so exciting for people who live there. It's just a magnet for apartments and rentals and not much else. The points of interest are more likely to follow Preston Road.
When I compare major highways going that way from South, I absolutely hate 75 which leaves us with Tollway. I live on Tollway exit in Frisco right now and it’s so convenient, nicer, cleaner.

Old 07-26-2023, 06:12 AM

674 posts, read 333,685 times
Quote:
If you MUST move, do you even have to stay in the metro area or Texas at all? Like you, ALL buyers want new. No one is buying older houses, so that makes for a highly unprecedented and drastic price gap that will force you or most other homeowners into a crummy location. Your best bet is to look in other metros or other states.

Like hell they're not. I've been hitting open houses in Plano most weekends and more often than not, the very houses I went to see are under contract by the following Monday or Tuesday morning.

These are properties built anywhere from the late 1960s through the mid-1990s. You know, old enough to make a lot of foreign transplants recoil in horror. Good; I don't need the competition.

Old 07-26-2023, 08:09 AM

270 posts, read 703,324 times
Quote:
Been moving from Midwest to SoFlo and to Texas. Not gonna move again with the baby. I guess I can wait for the market to cool down or crash. I've been living debt-free for the last couple of years so anything above $650k is scary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepizza1975 View Post
Like hell they're not. I've been hitting open houses in Plano most weekends and more often than not, the very houses I went to see are under contract by the following Monday or Tuesday morning.

These are properties built anywhere from the late 1960s through the mid-1990s. You know, old enough to make a lot of foreign transplants recoil in horror. Good; I don't need the competition.
If you want to buy a house in Frisco that was built in 2002, please let me know

Old 07-26-2023, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Since it'll be overpriced and sorely in need of new windows, no thanks.

I went house hunting in Frisco and every single house I looked at under $600k except for one needed at least half of their windows replaced. Deal breaker. A lot of these houses in Frisco were poorly maintained. I guess maybe that's why they were in my price range but it was really depressing.

On the other hand most of the 60s-80s properties I looked at in Plano had already had their windows replaced at least once. Looking out through clear glass is definitely a priority.

Old 07-26-2023, 10:32 AM

1,375 posts, read 1,049,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepizza1975 View Post
Since it'll be overpriced and sorely in need of new windows, no thanks.

I went house hunting in Frisco and every single house I looked at under $600k except for one needed at least half of their windows replaced. Deal breaker. A lot of these houses in Frisco were poorly maintained. I guess maybe that's why they were in my price range but it was really depressing.

On the other hand most of the 60s-80s properties I looked at in Plano had already had their windows replaced at least once. Looking out through clear glass is definitely a priority.

They slap them together in 30 days, cut corners when they can

Old 07-26-2023, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtex View Post
They slap them together in 30 days, cut corners when they can
It shows.

Old 07-26-2023, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Been moving from Midwest to SoFlo and to Texas. Not gonna move again with the baby. I guess I can wait for the market to cool down or crash. I've been living debt-free for the last couple of years so anything above $650k is scary.

But you are already wanting to move. That's the whole topic. I suppose the question may be how far are you willing to move from your current home?

Have you looked in or around Denton? You would have no problems there. Have you looked in McKinney? There are big newer houses in both areas within that price range. Pulte even shows some now in their new construction. A lot of people are moving out towards Rockwall. The town of Fate is seeing quite a lot of new construction, and it's well within your budget.

You are looking for an exceptionally large house, unless you are a family of 7+, so that does limit things a little. However, there are still plenty, and I mean plenty, of places within the metro area that would fit your criteria.

Last edited by Leonard123; 07-26-2023 at 08:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas