Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2023, 08:32 AM

551 posts, read 1,100,148 times

Advertisements

My son and I are are going to the Rangers game Tuesday and trying to work out logistics. We live off Mockingbird and Abrams in Dallas. Parking passes on Stubhub are going for $140 plus. I've always just driven down there and paid like $30 to park. However, it's been a while and I've never been to a post season game.

If parking is that much, I think the preference is to just uber/lyft for simplicity. The cost to uber is down is about $60 but I just don't know what the situation is going to be like after the game.

If driving:
Are there reasonable parking options (don't mind walking some) near the stadium or should I lock in a pass now?

For those that have done uber:
  • How long is the wait after and how bad is the surge pricing?
  • Is it better to walk a half mile or so from the stadium and try?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2023, 08:49 AM

772 posts, read 937,836 times
Would like to know this too... haven't been to a game in years and we have some family coming into town soon that want to go to a game.

That seems pretty excessive for a parking pass.

Old 10-09-2023, 08:54 AM

11,859 posts, read 26,899,645 times
The parking passes are for the official/stadium-owned lots. There are cash lots all around the stadium, and prices will vary. When I went earlier this season, we parked in a cash lot off Stadium Drive and walked about half a mile, and we paid $40. The closer the lot, the more you will pay. Cash is best for payment, but some of the lots will take online payments.

Old 10-09-2023, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasCrown View Post
Would like to know this too... haven't been to a game in years and we have some family coming into town soon that want to go to a game.

That seems pretty excessive for a parking pass.
They were only about $50 when I got the tickets. They have been steadily going up

https://www.stubhub.com/parking-pass...42/?quantity=1

Old 10-09-2023, 09:04 AM

1,378 posts, read 1,057,402 times
What I have done in the past is park at a hotel, store, business or restaurant far enough out that that your not noticeable and uber in. Ubering out can get a little chaotic as everyone else is doing the same

Old 10-09-2023, 11:17 AM

1,022 posts, read 1,319,386 times
There's plenty of options around the stadium that are reasonable. Just remember that everyone charges more for the playoffs. Some of the better options are in the businesses to the east of the stadium. Six Flags usually has parking in their lots. J. Gilligan's has free parking and a shuttle that's $10 per person (you don't have to eat or drink there). You have to plan a little more time for walking and waiting, but it's worth it for the low cost and convenience.

Old 10-10-2023, 10:37 AM

We would rather just uber but I'd like to hear from someone that's done that first and know what the experience is like after the game.

Old 10-10-2023, 01:33 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,319,386 times
I've never done it, but I imagine it's like any other event with 40k+ people leaving at the same time. You're gonna have to wait, walk, and pay a little bit more. The drop off/pick up area is across Stadium Drive from the field. If you're willing to walk to one of the businesses on Collins, you might save a little money or time.

Old 10-10-2023, 03:18 PM

122 posts, read 174,265 times
Sorry about my ignorance. But why is tonight's game a big deal? During lunch, it was clear that my male colleagues were all very excited about tonight's game and many of them are going. They were even talkinng about whether the stadium rooftop would be open or closed, and there was a debate on rules (there's an MLB rule on stadium rooftop? ).

I've been to a few Rangers games, but I don't remember seeing so much discussion on those games. Why is this one important? (I was not brave enough to cut into my colleagues' discussio to ask)

Old 10-10-2023, 03:52 PM

2,282 posts, read 4,065,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple44 View Post
Sorry about my ignorance. But why is tonight's game a big deal? During lunch, it was clear that my male colleagues were all very excited about tonight's game and many of them are going. They were even talkinng about whether the stadium rooftop would be open or closed, and there was a debate on rules (there's an MLB rule on stadium rooftop? ).

I've been to a few Rangers games, but I don't remember seeing so much discussion on those games. Why is this one important? (I was not brave enough to cut into my colleagues' discussio to ask)
The Rangers have won four consecutive playoff games, but this is the first one at home at last!

I am an Astros fan, but a big SHOUT OUT to four awesome playoff games for the Rangers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas