Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 09:18 PM

258 posts, read 1,175,859 times

Advertisements

Is this typical for them?

Unfortunately, Fios isn't available in my new area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 10:02 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,456,658 times
I know when I call for service problems, they can't come for 5 or 6 days. I have heard it's about 2 weeks for new service.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:21 AM

583 posts, read 2,633,241 times
YES! My new installation with them was a NIGTMARE! And yes that is the nicest way I could put it. We did not have phone service for 2 weeks AFTER moving in. They were able to install the internet and cable within 2 days of our move but tons of kinks and service calls. Customer service is like talking to a brick wall. My one positive thing...they did give us 1 month credit and for the next 12 months we will receive a $20 dollar credit on our bill. I would have gone with AT&T but they are not in my area yet. ERGH.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:49 AM

7 posts, read 34,042 times
I just called to schedule new installation and the earliest date I could get was August 25 (a few days under a month from now)! If only FIOS or DSL were available to me...

Old 07-27-2007, 08:51 AM

1,067 posts, read 5,653,319 times
I know it is bad. They said the same to us when we moved here but came out earlier. We were fortunate. My husband use to work for their central florida division in corporate and he was in charge of making the accounting for all the dvr boxes. There was more demand than supply. That could be the source of the issue as to why you have to wait so long.

Old 07-29-2007, 07:42 PM

87 posts, read 214,503 times
Default talk to a supervisor

I had the same issue in the Northeast with Cablevision. Every company is different, obviously, but you may be able to complain enough at a high enough level to get it pushed sooner.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:51 AM

313 posts, read 1,716,287 times
I went with Uverse (ATT) becasue of this. I had TWC in our apartment and they said it would be 3 weeks to get it transfered to our new house!

Old 07-30-2007, 12:31 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
I have Uverse as well. Thus far it's been pretty good and service also seems to be pretty good. I had one problem and when I called I spoke to an actual person within a couple of minutes.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:49 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,759,075 times
>. My husband use to work for their central florida division in corporate and he was in charge of making the accounting for all the dvr boxes. There was more demand than supply. That could be the source of the issue as to why you have to wait so long. <<

They could still turn on the cable at your house and directly hook up your tv to the cable outlet w/out a box like it was done years ago. Internet could also be hooked up and in the meantime, partially charge you for your cable service until the cable boxes arrive. I think it's ridiculous the amount of time they are giving you.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,743 times
Default Dish Network is the way to go.

I learned a long time ago that the cable companies will do anything they want to and get away with so much crap. When I had my home theater put in, I had to have a cable outlet installed. The cable guy "charged me extra" to drop the line because he said it wasn't part of their standard installation. Anyway the guys who did my home theater at [url=http://www.dfwtvinstalls.com]Infinity Media - Dallas Home Theater, DFW Media Rooms, DFW TV Installations, A/V Solutions and more[/url], came out and had to use the wall jack and they said the cable guy didn't even use the right kind of box that was suppossed to be put inside the wall to keep the wall plate from moving around, he just screwed it into the wall. My service was terrible, their customer service was terrible, and finally I had these guys come back out and add a satellite system for the whole house. It works great, the price is great, I can record 2 shows which I love, and i will never use cable again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas