Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 01:36 PM

709 posts, read 3,472,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcrules1 View Post
My wife is a very attractive girl and I don't feel safe with her getting on a bus with a bunch of people. I know that sounds shallow but I don't trust most people. If my wife fit in more and was not attractive I would feel better about letting her ride the Dart.

She actually has the option of working in North Dallas or DTD, so we will try to get her to North Dallas which wouldn't be as bad of a ride. Thanks for all the replies everyone. You all come here everyday to help people. This is a terrific forum and I look forward to helping people via this forum once I make it to Dallas.
I don't mean to start something here, but honestly there are a lot of attractive and well off people using DART. More and more people are riding due to trying to help our earth as well as save on gas etc. Just because it is public transportation doesn't mean that there are bad people on the bus. Just a thought...maybe your wife should be the one to make her decisions. Sorry if that sounds rude. It is just an opinion and that is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 11:16 AM

430 posts, read 1,358,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornfan22 View Post
ONCE AGAIN, you are VERY wrong on the commute time. You are 0 for 2! Haha. From Lewisville to Downtown Dallas is only about 25-30 minutes. I know many people and have many co-workers that live in Lewisville that commute to Downtown Dallas everyday and they say it only takes about 25-30 minutes in traffic. Geez, you dont even live in Dallas as I can tell by your user name. Why are you on here? I think your on the wrong forum. Here is a link to the forum that you should be on...http://www.city-data.com/forum/austin/ You are giving out very INACCURATE information and I am sure that the people who use this forum DO NOT appreciate it.
LOL.

I live in 75056 and used to live in 75093. I used to work everyday off of Oaklawn and took the Tollway to and from there every day. I used to work out at the Larry North before it was taken over by 24 hour fitness. I know the menu at Eatzis and Green Papaya very well. My wife worked on the top floor of one of those big buildings off Stemmons and commuted when we lived in 75093. She has clients downtown now. I still drive down to firms off Stemmons once a week and frequently commute out of Love Field.

It is an HOUR from Castle Hills to Downtown during rush hour. Sometimes its a lot worse. And it is an hour coming back. I count the time I walk out the door at home to when I walk in a client's door. I know that its better if I leave before 6:30 or after 8:45 in the AM and before 4pm or after 6:15 pm in the evening.

So what were you trying to say?

Old 08-11-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpepping View Post
Have they improved traffic on 35 since 2002? I used to drive from Carrollton, which is not as far north as Lewisville, into downtown everyday back around 2001-2002 and traffic was terrible. I would average a 45 min commute. If it rained that turned into over an hour.
No, because PGBT feeds into I-35 now from both directions. Its still U-G-L-Y. I tried going that way a few times and it was just worse.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:41 PM

1,172 posts, read 2,632,554 times
This is one of the major problems on this forum. You just can't get a straight answer. You ask 5 people and get 5 answers. I tend to think Austin is correct considering how detailed he is with he response. Thanks Austin.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:25 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,432,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcrules1 View Post
This is one of the major problems on this forum. You just can't get a straight answer. You ask 5 people and get 5 answers. I tend to think Austin is correct considering how detailed he is with he response. Thanks Austin.
I'm not going to argue with you over this, but I work in Downtown Dallas and commute there everyday, so I would know as well. As you have read, Austin takes the Tollway most of the time, which is not the fastest way to Downtown Dallas from Lewisville at all! You would be going way out of the way to get on the Tollway, and it does cost, where as I-35 doesn't.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:33 PM

1,101 posts, read 4,328,356 times
Quote:
As you have read, Austin takes the Tollway most of the time, which is not the fastest way to Downtown Dallas from Lewisville at all! You would be going way out of the way to get on the Tollway
Not from Castle Hills, which is in the far southeast corner of Lewisville. It is equidistant between I-35 and DNT. I know, since I live in Castle Hills. I would take the Tollway over I-35 anyday, even with the toll cost.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:51 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,458,087 times
I just switched my downtown commute from 75/Central to the North Dallas tollway and I get to work in a third the time on the tollway. What was once 60 minutes on 75, is now 20 minutes on the tollway. I live 13 miles north of downtown.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:58 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,432,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
I just switched my downtown commute from 75/Central to the North Dallas tollway and I get to work in a third the time on the tollway. What was once 60 minutes on 75, is now 20 minutes on the tollway. I live 13 miles north of downtown.
I believe that ! 75 is a royal MESS in the morning and in the afternoon. It's just CRAZY! lol!

Oh and thank you for the rep points!

Old 08-12-2008, 11:39 PM

133 posts, read 514,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
Ditto going the opposite way. I work 12 miles North of downtown and took 75 for about three weeks to my job, ~45 minutes each way. The DNT gets me there in about 18.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
I'm not going to argue with you over this, but I work in Downtown Dallas and commute there everyday, so I would know as well. As you have read, Austin takes the Tollway most of the time, which is not the fastest way to Downtown Dallas from Lewisville at all! You would be going way out of the way to get on the Tollway, and it does cost, where as I-35 doesn't.
I think you should change your name to GREENHORN.

The poster wants to live in Castle Hills which is bounded by Parker and Josey Road and 121.

Attached is my commute to downtown vs the I-35. Anyone can see that I-35 is out of the way for me as it is for people in Plano/Castle Hills.
Attached Thumbnails
Castle Hills to Downtown dallas?-untitled.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas