Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 07:57 PM

722 posts, read 2,100,492 times

Advertisements

Anyone ever been to the furniture store? How is the quality and price. Had a flyer in the mail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 10:08 PM

126 posts, read 454,134 times
I've been there looking for a sofa. The quality is okay. The fabric-covered sofas seemed very short in the seat. I have two "teenage" cats, so I didn't even look at the leather ones.

It is huge. It takes an hour just to walk through it. I do kick myself over not buying some of the knickknacks. They had these beautifully carved wooden dolphins. I took too long to make up my mind. When the stock is gone, it's gone.

I've looked some of the brands up on the net and was impressed with what I saw. It's too late tonight for my brain to walk over to where that info is stored, but they did have some quality stuff. I recommend checking it out.

It won't be a wasted trip with Home Depot AND Fry's next door!

Old 12-11-2008, 11:29 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,981,478 times
We used to have The Dump in Houston. I remember they were always having a "going out of business sale".

Mattress Mack was too much competition for them. He is a monopoly in the Houston furniture business & a millionaire many times over.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:06 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,858,186 times
I was there the other day looking at tables. If you need one with 6 chairs, you're out of luck. Most of theirs only have 4-5 and there's no way to buy more because it's all close-outs! Their Persian rug selection is very good, and the mattreses seemed good, too.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:01 AM

583 posts, read 2,633,404 times
We thought it was a waste of a drive from Mckinney. Prices were about the same as most other furniture stores. I did not see one thing that may me look twice. We have been twice.....we thought the first time it may have just been us being to picky.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:28 AM

109 posts, read 398,407 times
Too expensive for me. The comercials are a little misleading. Sure, they have "lower" prices on furniture, but only if you are looking for desigher furniture. In other words, they might have a couch that would normally cost $8,000 marked down 25%. Great, but you are still paying $6,000 for a couch. I'm more in the market for a $1,500 couch. I guess if you are looking for the more expensive stuff, you could find good deals.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:25 AM

1,533 posts, read 7,238,122 times
I've gotten some really good deals at Bassett, get on their mailing list and they will notify you of when they are some really good sales. I bought my couch, chair, and dresser at an unadvertised half off sale.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:36 PM

424 posts, read 1,816,678 times
Default The dump...

You need to visit a few times to decide. If you go, make sure it's a Friday or early on Saturday. That's when the best inventory is in. We have bought a buffet, matching french table and 6 beautiful chairs, a mattress and a few other things and did get a really good deal. All of our stuff was in great shape. We get rave reviews about the dining room things when people come over to visit.

It's not "cheap" stuff. Moderately priced (cheaper than Ashley, rooms to go, etc.) Some stuff is damaged and junky...some is not. Get there early and you will find great things. Lots of art, decorations, rugs, etc.

One word of caution about choosing delivery. There have been a few issues in the past, but they did rectify them in a timely manner.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:57 PM

424 posts, read 1,816,678 times
Default Reviving this post--The Dump SUCKS!

I am on a mission. I wish to retract any positive comments I have made about the Dump! I purchased a Spring Air mattress set from The Dump about 11 months ago. This mattress is the biggest piece of crap I have ever slept on. They came up with a list of reasons I never received about voiding warrenties. The customer service rep at both Spring Air and The Dump are horrible. The only thing I was told was that if I did not purchase a mattress cover with this product, my warrenty would be void (so, of course I purchased a stupid 80.00 mattress cover to protect my warrenty). I even described exactly what type of bed frame the bed and boxspring were going to be placed on prior to purchasing this bed. Supposedly there was a card given to me about things that can void warrenties. Why would I purchase a 1000.00 product (1080.00 after the stupid mattress cover) if I knew the warrenty would be void the minute I purchased it?

I emailed the CEO of Spring Air about the customer service rep and of course, never heard back, and now, of course the CEO seems to have placed me in his spam box or something (I even included my phone number on the email and never received a call from anyone). However, I did receive an insulting and rude email from the customer service manager at Spring Air.

DO NOT EVER PURCHASE A SPRING AIR PRODUCT...ESPECIALLY FROM THE DUMP...EXACTLY WHAT IT IS...THE DUMP THAT SELLS PRODUCTS. I hope they tank with the economy.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:47 PM

6,799 posts, read 14,021,576 times
I have purchased quite a few items from The Dump. For me they are very hit and miss. Sometimes I see many things I like while others are just wasted trips. You just never no what a trip may bring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas