Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 04:44 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,868,308 times

Advertisements

Blarney Stone on lowest Greenville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 04:46 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,517,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWgal View Post
Hi everyone ,

Yesterday we talked with one of the Tipperary Inn's owners and she told us they are closing this saturday "due to the economy". We are really sad because we were there with our friends at least once a week, mainly for their nice tables outside where you can have a conversation without shouting -the patio is never too crowded-, etc. Besides, they have really good beers, good cocktails and nice food (not mexican nor fried yay! LOL ).

So I'm asking you for recommendations. Do you need another place with these characteristics? We'd really appreciate your input
It's not really a pub atmosphere, but try Bolsa near the Bishop Arts District for outdoor seating, full bar, great food and a really cool vibe: bolsa | oak cliff.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:46 PM

133 posts, read 514,304 times
Barcadia is a lot of fun but it has been discovered by the Uptown douchebag crowd and gets PACKED with asshats of all kinds on many nights of the week.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:54 PM

81 posts, read 236,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Blarney Stone on lowest Greenville.
I think they closed about a year back.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:33 PM

869 posts, read 2,954,525 times
We love Gingerman...but as has been pointed out...it get's pretty crowded on the weekends (they get super mega conga ultra points for having both Stella and Young's Double Chocolate Stout on draught)...

Old 05-14-2009, 06:40 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
MySpace.com - The Libertine Bar - 35 - Male - DALLAS, Texas - www.myspace.com/libertinebar on Lower Greenville - again not really a pub but supposedly one of the best beer bars in the country - nice atmosphere - but no outside seating.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:21 PM

81 posts, read 236,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
MySpace.com - The Libertine Bar - 35 - Male - DALLAS, Texas - www.myspace.com/libertinebar on Lower Greenville - again not really a pub but supposedly one of the best beer bars in the country - nice atmosphere - but no outside seating.
And they have their own parking lot and good food.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:03 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,583,894 times
Ok, we started trying new places. We just came from Trinity Hall. It has several nice tables outside, great beers, cocktails, food and deserts. Lots of people but also lots of space so I wouldn't say "crowded". Good prices also. We got a lot of things for the same money we were usually paying at the Tipperary. We are definitely going back.

Is Lakewood Landing that white place in front of Tipperary? They say they have decent burgers but never been there.

Yep, I've visited Libertine also. They have a delicious dish with meat and wine sauce. DH is the one drinking beer so I don't know that part xD

Old 05-15-2009, 06:35 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,463,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWgal View Post
Hi everyone ,

Yesterday we talked with one of the Tipperary Inn's owners and she told us they are closing this saturday "due to the economy". We are really sad because we were there with our friends at least once a week, mainly for their nice tables outside where you can have a conversation without shouting -the patio is never too crowded-, etc. Besides, they have really good beers, good cocktails and nice food (not mexican nor fried yay! LOL ).

So I'm asking you for recommendations. Do you need another place with these characteristics? We'd really appreciate your input
I talked to Beth (owners daughter) and she told me the same thing! I was shocked! Who are you by the way? I know a lot of people that used to work there.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:52 AM

67 posts, read 259,088 times
You might try The Pour House which is within walking distance of Tipperary. Has Patio. No smoking inside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas