Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2009, 05:14 PM

469 posts, read 1,454,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
What a nice husband and when all is said and done, I'm sure he will be happy he's out of the hotbox / hurricane prone city.
I hope so. He is from here and his parents are still in the area, so I think it will be hard for him to leave. He needs to experience better places to live, though. Thinking about leaving Houston always puts a smile on my face!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 05:28 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,027,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Very nice, but was hoping for a face-on shot. No one would be able to pick you out of a lineup with that one.

Give it up kootr, you aren't going to get any booty from this forum.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie P View Post
I hope so. He is from here and his parents are still in the area, so I think it will be hard for him to leave. He needs to experience better places to live, though. Thinking about leaving Houston always puts a smile on my face!

He'll probably never leave then, hard to ask someone just to up and move when they have family here and it's home. Did you meet him here or in college out of state?

Old 08-13-2009, 05:35 PM

165 posts, read 554,027 times
So who all wants to come up to Alaska? Today was 62* and rainy, last night it got down to 45*. Winter is almost here I expect snow on the ground around the 1st of October.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug1980 View Post
So who all wants to come up to Alaska? Today was 62* and rainy, last night it got down to 45*. Winter is almost here I expect snow on the ground around the 1st of October.

Get me a spot on a crab boat and I'm there. lol

I used to watch Northern Exposure all the time. I could so eaisly live like that, probably not even close to what it's really like up in Alaska though.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
Get me a spot on a crab boat and I'm there. lol

I used to watch Northern Exposure all the time. I could so eaisly live like that, probably not even close to what it's really like up in Alaska though.
Nope and neither is the crab fishing either. lol That's on the islands and I have not been there.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug1980 View Post
Nope and neither is the crab fishing either. lol That's on the islands and I have not been there.

This is some serious fishing in Alaska! Nothing like Texas lol

YouTube - Killer Whale eats King Salmon caught on fishing line

Old 08-13-2009, 06:08 PM

Ah give me large mouth bass any day. Fishing is good here so is hunting. We dipnetted and got 50 salmon in 3 hours last month. I've killed a moose, a black bear and a caribou. Hiking and camping is awesome here too. But the long, dark and cold winters are unbareable. I love the outdoors and will miss it up here but I'm a southern boy and need the warmth.

A few pics...enjoy. I have a ton more for those that want to see AK.

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo3/speedracer1565/SANY0655.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-13-2009, 06:49 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,301,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
You asked for it - you got it!
Where?

Old 08-13-2009, 06:55 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,301,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Sorry, I was a little busy yesterday. If I posted my schedule yesterday on here most of the people would pass out like I did last night. I did post some but not on much as I was more of a "hit and run" viewer on C-D and the computer yesterday. I didn't even click on this thread.

Why I don't have a pic of myself? Well, I'm usually on the OTHER side of the camera when pictures are being taken . I had a few on my computer downloaded till it crashed last Fall. Since then I haven't gotten many downloaded for some reason as my computer is still acting up. I'm really hoping the "new" hard drive they replaced last year is REALLY "new" and was not used but I get a feeling it isn't. Still having trouble and just have not taken the time to unplug the blasted thing and take it in.
I think that will be sad if some day many years from now when you're gone, your girls won't have any photos of you. In our family, we kind of switch back and forth with the camera and the posing although I'm usually the one behind the camera as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas