Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2011, 09:25 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,708,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
I'm a little dubious of the frolicking stuff. Are you sure the cold weather hasn't frozen your grey matter?
Grey Matter??? That sounds like something you get during them sweltering, unending days/nights of inferno like summer temps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 11:41 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,057,630 times
Quote:
It always makes perfect sense when someone says they enjoy the drab, gray, short, cold days of late fall and winter over the sunny, warm, blue skies, green growth, colorful and flowery, full-of-life days of spring and summer.

Do you keep the temperature turned way down and close all your blinds, shades and drapes so it is dark, cold and wintry feeling in the house?
I don't know what more to say. I've went into details about how I play when it snows here, talked about my trip to the north for the sole purpose of seeing snow and posted a picture of me in the snow at a Sioux City hotel when it was -2 F outside, mentioned repeatedly to you that I'd rather live in a colder climate where it snows more in the winter, and you refuse to believe that anyone could prefer the winter over the summer... These guys really liked the snow too.
Attached Thumbnails
It's HOT! It's COLD! It's WINDY! It's DRY! It's WET! It's OUR Weather!-dscf0908.jpg  

Old 12-07-2011, 11:43 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,057,630 times
And how can you look at this and say it's anything but absolutely beautiful?
Attached Thumbnails
It's HOT! It's COLD! It's WINDY! It's DRY! It's WET! It's OUR Weather!-dscf0897.jpg  

Old 12-08-2011, 08:15 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,477,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
And how can you look at this and say it's anything but absolutely beautiful?

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/kdevita/icons/z155387778.jpg (broken link)

Lots of nature's events are beautiful. But that doesn't mean they are necessarily desirable.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:00 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,881,679 times
Quote:
That's good news! Keep that frozen stuff up north somewhere. Bring on the blue skies, sunshine and warmth.
LOL!! I'm cracking up at this thread........

This is often how it breaks out in most areas of Texas (and not necessarily consecutively):

1. 3 months of hot weather
2. 5 more months of hot-as-hell weather
3. 2 months of fairly temperate weather
4. 1.5 months of cool weather
5. 0.5 months (that's 2 weeks!!) of truly cold/icy/snowy/brutal weather

So you are talking about very little really cold weather in most of Texas--the upper Panhandle can be an exception some years.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
LOL!! I'm cracking up at this thread........

This is often how it breaks out in most areas of Texas (and not necessarily consecutively):

So you are talking about very little really cold weather in most of Texas--the upper Panhandle can be an exception some years.
I'm cracking up too!

Old 12-08-2011, 10:09 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,881,679 times
Quote:
I'm cracking up too!
What, you mean you don't agree?!?

Old 12-08-2011, 11:39 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,708,101 times
Quote:
I'm cracking up too!
You're getting too hot, that's all. So turn the heat down, some, on your thermostat...you'll be okay.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
What, you mean you don't agree?!?

I wouldn't consider 8 total months to be hot, and/or hot-as-hell weather. You do realize that 8 months is like from March 1 to November 1? Hot or hot-as hell in March, April, May and October? - really now? Why don't you cut that 8 month time period of yours in half to maybe 4 months? Or maybe 3 months? Or maybe less? It's certainly not hot for 8 months...

My 'cracking up' comment is meant for the many people who think (like you do) that it's either hot or hot-as-hell two-thirds of the year. That's cracking up funny!

Old 12-08-2011, 12:06 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,648,311 times
Quote:
I wouldn't consider 8 total months to be hot, and/or hot-as-hell weather. You do realize that 8 months is like from March 1 to November 1? Hot or hot-as hell in March, April, May and October? - really now? Why don't you cut that 8 month time period of yours in half to maybe 4 months? Or maybe 3 months? Or maybe less? It's certainly not hot for 8 months...

My 'cracking up' comment is meant for the many people who think (like you do) that it's either hot or hot-as-hell two-thirds of the year. That's cracking up funny!
Well, if we were to actually get serious (and I'm not for a moment suggesting that we SHOULD on this thread, but if we were) we'd have to decide what constitutes "hot", "hot-as-hell", "cool", "truly cold", etc.

My guess is that for you, it's "truly cold" anytime the temperature dips below 65 degrees.

As an FYI- the "average high temperature" in (for comparison) Chicago peaks at 85 degrees in late July. Obviously, it often gets hotter than that in Chi, but that's the highest AVERAGE high temperature for any day of the year. By contrast, Dallas matches or exceeds that average high from May 19 thru September 29. On the flip side, the "average low temperature" in Dallas hits its nadir in early January, at 36 degrees. In Chicago the average low reaches or goes below that November 13 and doesn't exceed it again until March 30.

Just tossing that out as a point of reference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas