Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2011, 09:28 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,855,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
The old krystal is now a carls junior at trinity mills and midway.

Krystal is huge in Central Florida. Especially for late night drunk munchies
This is very sad news indeed. Didn't realize it had been so long since I stopped in, tried to stop in anytime I was in the vicinity. It was the easiest one for me to get to. Oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 11:11 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,152,085 times
In-N-Out construction begins at Caruth Haven | Advocate Magazine

Old 02-17-2011, 11:17 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times
<soapbox>

Kind of sad that people are all atwitter about yet another chain that will contribute to our already-staggering obesity problem AND the continued homogenization of regional American culture.

For eff's sake, it's FAST FOOD, not the second coming.

</soapbox>

Old 02-17-2011, 11:32 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,152,085 times
In-N-Out Secret Vegetarian Menu And Oatmeal Tacos (Video)

Old 02-17-2011, 11:53 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,496,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
<soapbox>

Kind of sad that people are all atwitter about yet another chain that will contribute to our already-staggering obesity problem AND the continued homogenization of regional American culture.

For eff's sake, it's FAST FOOD, not the second coming.

</soapbox>
Seriously, come off it. I can have an occasional In-N-Out hamburger as part of my healthy diet. It's no worse for me - and probably better for me calories-wise - than the large portions served as entrees in many popular "non-greasy" restaurants. Moderation is the key to all things.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:08 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Seriously, come off it. I can have an occasional In-N-Out hamburger as part of my healthy diet. It's no worse for me - and probably better for me calories-wise - than the large portions served as entrees in many popular "non-greasy" restaurants. Moderation is the key to all things.
I agree that moderation is key. I also agree that many sit-down restaurants serve calorie bombs that dwarf many of the options on many fast food menus.

However, a quick trip out anywhere in public demonstrates that people are unable to moderate their eating habits.

I'm not saying ban fast food. But I also don't see why people are so excited by the prospect of yet another artery-clogging fast food restaurant. It baffles me.

(I don't eat at fast food restaurants and I rarely eat out at all so I'm not a hypocrite here when it comes to my own eating habits. I can count on one hand the number of times I went out to eat in 2010. So far in 2011: 0 meals out.)

Old 02-17-2011, 12:51 PM

554 posts, read 1,196,494 times
WHOA!!! They've been busy this week! I rode past on the Red Line Sunday afternoon and the old Steak N Shake was still there with the exception of the south side of the building. It was a new wall. I had no idea that they were going to do this. It appears they only kept the four corners of the old building. The rest is completely new! Sorry, I am just amazed at how much they have accomplished in 3 days.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:00 PM

229 posts, read 606,872 times
Who pissed in your cheerios? Why get all worked up about other peoples excitement for In-N-Out Dallas?

When a gluten free, organic vegan restaurant opens up in Dallas and you get all excited about it, we burger lovers won't rain on your parade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I agree that moderation is key. I also agree that many sit-down restaurants serve calorie bombs that dwarf many of the options on many fast food menus.

However, a quick trip out anywhere in public demonstrates that people are unable to moderate their eating habits.

I'm not saying ban fast food. But I also don't see why people are so excited by the prospect of yet another artery-clogging fast food restaurant. It baffles me.

(I don't eat at fast food restaurants and I rarely eat out at all so I'm not a hypocrite here when it comes to my own eating habits. I can count on one hand the number of times I went out to eat in 2010. So far in 2011: 0 meals out.)

Old 02-17-2011, 01:05 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,815,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I am sure I will try an In-N-Out hamburger at some point. I did try a Steak&Shake and was really dissapointed. I have yet to try a Carl's Jr. The commercials with Audrina Patridge or Paris Hilton, just kind of takes away my appetite - it's just so much food. Of course, for today's lunch I made a rice bowl stir-fry of chicken, onion, zuchini, yellow squash, and a red and green bell peppers. Also threw in a 1/2 cup of peanuts.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:09 PM

328 posts, read 568,727 times
LOVE In & Out....

This sounds really good though too!

""for today's lunch I made a rice bowl stir-fry of chicken, onion, zuchini, yellow squash, and a red and green bell peppers. Also threw in a 1/2 cup of peanuts. ""
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas