Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 05:52 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,816,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Yes, I know...coincidentally, they are in states with large populations of former Californians. I'm sure it is only a matter of time before the CA economic refugees get their way and get one here in Dallas, even though the last thing one of America's fattest cities needs is yet another burger joint.

Man you are a true life Debbie-Downer...Wuuuh Wuuuhh..After stirring the pot in my thread(s), you just decided to bring your negative outlook and create a new conflict about something as simple as a burger joint. Real piece of work.

As far as burgers go though..In and Out is tops, and so is Kincaids!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 07:20 AM

50 posts, read 195,053 times
Default In-N-Out Burger Coming To Rockwall

It appears there will be an In-N-Out burger in Rockwall. They go before the city this week to get a sign variance. It is to be along I-30.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:27 PM

554 posts, read 1,196,428 times
Well, it appears that the rumors of a Caruth Haven/75 In-N-Out location in Dallas turned out to be true. Below is the official announcement in the Dallas Observer:

In-N-Out to Open at Caruth and Central
By Hanna Raskin, Mon., Oct. 4 2010 @ 1:05PM
If this many hands touched an item at In-N-Out Burger, the health department would probably pay the restaurant a visit.

But since y'all are starved for In-N-Out news, we share with you this latest tidbit, reported first by the Dallas Business Journal, and picked up by the folks at Sidedish:

Dallas' first In-N-Out will be located at Caruth Haven and Central Expressway.
Rumored since early this year as a potential location, Bill Hanks of Rosebriar Properties told Dallas Business Journal that the California burger chain's signed a lease.

In-N-Out's cult following will no doubt banish any bad burger karma still lingering on the corner, where Steak-N-Shake failed to make a go of it. No word yet on an opening date.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:49 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,223,832 times
Great news! But I have no idea where that is.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
Great news! But I have no idea where that is.
On the expressway just south of Northpark Mall and Park Lane shops. It will be on the east side of the expressway.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:27 PM

687 posts, read 1,577,706 times
I'm excited, but I hate that location--it's awkward. If it's at the old Steak & Shake, you can't exit Caruth Haven to get to it (from northbound 75). You have to remember to exit Lovers and then follow the access road through two lights.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm214 View Post
I'm excited, but I hate that location--it's awkward. If it's at the old Steak & Shake, you can't exit Caruth Haven to get to it (from northbound 75). You have to remember to exit Lovers and then follow the access road through two lights.
It is at the old Steak & Shake.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:11 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times
I've also heard that they are going to be going before the Rockwall city council to get a location approved there.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:27 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,492,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
It is at the old Steak & Shake.
Then it is at an awkward location. We used to go to Steak and Shake for shakes and would go through the back way off of Greenville. No matter how many times i venture to those places on Central, I have the worst time remembering what is off Park, what's off Caruth, etc... . Maybe that's just me.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:29 AM

871 posts, read 2,689,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
Well, it appears that the rumors of a Caruth Haven/75 In-N-Out location in Dallas turned out to be true. Below is the official announcement in the Dallas Observer:

In-N-Out to Open at Caruth and Central
By Hanna Raskin, Mon., Oct. 4 2010 @ 1:05PM
If this many hands touched an item at In-N-Out Burger, the health department would probably pay the restaurant a visit.

But since y'all are starved for In-N-Out news, we share with you this latest tidbit, reported first by the Dallas Business Journal, and picked up by the folks at Sidedish:

Dallas' first In-N-Out will be located at Caruth Haven and Central Expressway.
Rumored since early this year as a potential location, Bill Hanks of Rosebriar Properties told Dallas Business Journal that the California burger chain's signed a lease.

In-N-Out's cult following will no doubt banish any bad burger karma still lingering on the corner, where Steak-N-Shake failed to make a go of it. No word yet on an opening date.
This is GREAT news, but I was hoping the Garland location would open first (unless it still will, since this article says Dallas' first In-N-Out, not DFW metro's first In-N-Out). I guess all locations are going to be crazy busy for a while, but Caruth and Central is going to be a nightmare location due to high traffic of people. When it opens, don't be shocked if the total time from entering the line to getting your food is 30-45 minutes (Sometimes longer), with you and your party hoping you can find a seat. When busy, drive-thru will also take 30+ minutes plus, and during those busy times, In-N-Out may send someone out to the long line of cars to take their order prior to coming up to the menu/speaker itself. Happens all the time at other In-N-Outs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas