Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2010, 03:32 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,534,593 times

Advertisements

BTW In-N-Out has many location with two drive threw lanes. Onc of the first built in Lakewood Ca, off Woodruff and Palos Vedre is a double drive thru....and one of the first ones I ever went to when I was a kid and my Aunt introduced me to In-N-Out Double-Doubles....oh the good'ol days....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 07:21 AM

554 posts, read 1,197,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I read on Orangebloods.com that Fort Worth is getting one as well. El Paso is also getting one. Looks like In-and-Out is going to invade Texas.
Those are just rumors. In-N-Out WILL NOT expand outside the Dallas Metro anytime soon.

Source:http://fastfood.ocregister.com/2010...in-texas/62545/ (broken link)

Quote:5:30 p.m. update: Will Texans see In-N-Out expanding to other big cities like San Antonio? No, says Van Fleet: “We really aren’t considering anything outside the Dallas/Ft. Worth market at this time. That market is plenty big and we don’t plan to change our rate of growth.”

Trust me, being from California and around In-N-Out, I know that In-N-Out is very conservative with their rate of growth. They started out in the same decade as McDonald's. In that six decade period they have opened a grand total of 251 locations, 201 of which are in California. You can take it to the bank that when they release a statement stating that they will not accelerate their rate of growth, they mean it. That being said, I do not believe that In-N-Out will never expand throughout Texas. I am sure they will someday but I wouldn't be at all surprised if years passed before they do.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:58 AM

6,823 posts, read 14,041,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
Those are just rumors. In-N-Out WILL NOT expand outside the Dallas Metro anytime soon.

Source:http://fastfood.ocregister.com/2010...in-texas/62545/ (broken link)

Quote:5:30 p.m. update: Will Texans see In-N-Out expanding to other big cities like San Antonio? No, says Van Fleet: “We really aren’t considering anything outside the Dallas/Ft. Worth market at this time. That market is plenty big and we don’t plan to change our rate of growth.”

Trust me, being from California and around In-N-Out, I know that In-N-Out is very conservative with their rate of growth. They started out in the same decade as McDonald's. In that six decade period they have opened a grand total of 251 locations, 201 of which are in California. You can take it to the bank that when they release a statement stating that they will not accelerate their rate of growth, they mean it. That being said, I do not believe that In-N-Out will never expand throughout Texas. I am sure they will someday but I wouldn't be at all surprised if years passed before they do.

Listened to a radio show this morning and they said that In-N-Out can't do rapid expansion because all there ingredients are fresh not frozen. They have to have a distribution center in order to service the stores since nothing is shipped via truck. No frozen patties for them.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Listened to a radio show this morning and they said that In-N-Out can't do rapid expansion because all there ingredients are fresh not frozen. They have to have a distribution center in order to service the stores since nothing is shipped via truck. No frozen patties for them.
Precisely. That is why they are so well loved. That is also why they are building a processing plant here BEFORE they open any restaurants. They can't break their 500 mile rule.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:25 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,541,451 times
Quote:
They might. Breaking into the DFW market is a tool for them to expand to other parts of Texas.

In-N-Out Burger plans up to 8 restaurants for D-FW, major distribution center for Texas hub | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

And the distribution center will be in DFW.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
They might. Breaking into the DFW market is a tool for them to expand to other parts of Texas.

In-N-Out Burger plans up to 8 restaurants for D-FW, major distribution center for Texas hub | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

And the distribution center will be in DFW.
Yes, I know. Read post 121 please.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Yes, I know. Read post 121 please.
Umm...yea that post was quoted so obviously I read it.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
Umm...yea that post was quoted so obviously I read it.
I wasn't trying to be rude. You only quoted one part of that post though. In that post there is a quote by Carl Van Fleet, In-N-Out's VP, that states that they are not considering expanding beyond DFW anytime soon. I also said in that post that while I believe it will be quite some time, In-N-Out will surely expand elsewhere into Texas.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:32 PM

5 posts, read 12,489 times
If they ever had a 500-mile rule, they don't anymore. It's dependent on how far they have to drive on California's roads due to the 55mph speed limit there. Going up I-5, I don't know if they can even make 600 miles. It's 560 to their Redding store. They're about to break the 700 mile barrier in Utah, but that's as far as they say they can expand in that direction. It'll be 750+ miles from Texas, but it could take a few years to go beyond 50 miles. The slower they expand in Texas, the better word-of-mouth will be. I expect they'll be well into New Mexico, quite aways up the Mississippi and along the gulf after 20 or 30 years.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berol View Post
If they ever had a 500-mile rule, they don't anymore. It's dependent on how far they have to drive on California's roads due to the 55mph speed limit there. Going up I-5, I don't know if they can even make 600 miles. It's 560 to their Redding store. They're about to break the 700 mile barrier in Utah, but that's as far as they say they can expand in that direction. It'll be 750+ miles from Texas, but it could take a few years to go beyond 50 miles. The slower they expand in Texas, the better word-of-mouth will be. I expect they'll be well into New Mexico, quite aways up the Mississippi and along the gulf after 20 or 30 years.
Is this due to the distribution center and being a certain distance from it? If so, they're building one here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas