Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 02:13 PM

76 posts, read 142,633 times

Advertisements

Ok, true confession: I don't exactly think seafood when I think of Dayton BUT I finally get to come househunting very soon and my husband doesn't do steak he does seafood. So, assuming we have something to celebrate by the end of it all--where to go for decent seafood in the Dayton area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 02:23 PM

908 posts, read 1,419,128 times
If you're talking about where to buy seafood to cook, Foremost Seafood in Kettering apparently gets a big shipment of seafood flown in every day, and as well as being the supplier to restaurants, they also sell to the general public. If you're talking about seafood restaurants to eat at, there is a very pricey one called Jay's Seafood in the Oregon District. Unfortunately, AFAIK, there isn't anything in the area in the quality and price range level between Red Lobster and Jay's, but there is probably something I don't know about.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdtdemon View Post
If you're talking about where to buy seafood to cook, Foremost Seafood in Kettering apparently gets a big shipment of seafood flown in every day, and as well as being the supplier to restaurants, they also sell to the general public. If you're talking about seafood restaurants to eat at, there is a very pricey one called Jay's Seafood in the Oregon District. Unfortunately, AFAIK, there isn't anything in the area in the quality and price range level between Red Lobster and Jay's, but there is probably something I don't know about.

Oh definitely not to cook! I have a cooking apraxia LOL.

Jay's seems to get kind of mixed reviews. Any experience with Bonefish Grill in Miamisburg?

Old 05-03-2015, 03:49 PM

1,328 posts, read 1,449,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilMom6 View Post
Oh definitely not to cook! I have a cooking apraxia LOL.

Jay's seems to get kind of mixed reviews. Any experience with Bonefish Grill in Miamisburg?
I've never been there, but I heard it is good.

Old 05-03-2015, 03:57 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,162,738 times
^Same. Not sure where you are from, but odds are you have a Bonefish Grill somewhere near you. It's a nationwide chain.

I can vouch for this chain seafood place at The Greene - quite good:
Seafood Restaurant - Steakhouse | McCormick & Schmick's

Otherwise, the "area's best" is supposedly Sweeney's Seafood in Centerville:
Sweeney's Seafood House
(a link to their dinner menu)

But then again, the only seafood I ever get from a restaurant normally comes from Captain D's. They have a great Tilapia meal. Now that I think about it, it's bizarre that there are far more sushi restaurants in this city than normal seafood places...

Old 05-03-2015, 08:08 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Try Dayton Fish, Inc. on North Main...it's a combination seafood shop and restaurant with a wide variety of fish for sale.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:21 AM

1,328 posts, read 1,449,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
^Same. Not sure where you are from, but odds are you have a Bonefish Grill somewhere near you. It's a nationwide chain.

I can vouch for this chain seafood place at The Greene - quite good:
Seafood Restaurant - Steakhouse | McCormick & Schmick's

Otherwise, the "area's best" is supposedly Sweeney's Seafood in Centerville:
Sweeney's Seafood House
(a link to their dinner menu)

But then again, the only seafood I ever get from a restaurant normally comes from Captain D's. They have a great Tilapia meal. Now that I think about it, it's bizarre that there are far more sushi restaurants in this city than normal seafood places...
I had someone else tell me Sweeney's was good.

Old 05-04-2015, 02:54 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,162,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Try Dayton Fish, Inc. on North Main...it's a combination seafood shop and restaurant with a wide variety of fish for sale.
Ok, I've driven by that place before and just thought they sold fish. Very cool that they'll cook it for you too!

Old 05-04-2015, 03:59 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,301,996 times
Quote:
Thanks for the tip. Kinda sounds like an Arcade Seafood type deal

Old 05-04-2015, 07:26 PM

Quote:
That sounds super neat! Like after we move I will need to visit on a semi regular basis (I don't cook but the husband and my inlaws all cook fish).

I didn't realize Bonefish was a chain. I saw Beavercreek had a McCormick and Schmick's. Hmmm. Maybe I will check out the Sweeney's for now and save the chains for later. It's nice to go to a local place when you are just starting.

Thanks for the info!

ETA: those prices at Sweeney's look good, too. About what I'd pay at Red Lobster (but CA is pretty spendy so anything under $70 for two people, no alcohol, looks downright thrifty!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Dayton