Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2011, 01:21 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Had a friend call this morning to say she was selling her living room suite...and did I want it. ... Way underpriced, but it IS used, so I offered her $500. She said NO WAY...we are friends....you can have it for $100 and we'll deliver it to you tomorrow.

God is good.

And so are you, dear Glory! How wonderful to get that living room suite for $100. Please post photos (if you're so inclined).

Old 12-02-2011, 09:09 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
And so are you, dear Glory! How wonderful to get that living room suite for $100. Please post photos (if you're so inclined).
HA...she told me later today that if I would have my son and his friend (who has a truck) pick it up tomorrow, I could have it for $50. I told her if we kept negotiating....she would end up paying ME for taking it off her hands.
(BTW...this is the woman who's two little boys I kept awhile back for a few days when she went out of state to see her daughter graduate from boot camp. )

Yes, the living/dining room should be finished within the next two weeks. I'll post a pic!

Old 12-02-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
(BTW...this is the woman who's two little boys I kept awhile back for a few days when she went out of state to see her daughter graduate from boot camp. )

Oh, if you kept two little boys while she went out of town, she does owe you and big-time. I hope you end up getting it for free. Cant wait to see photos!

Old 12-03-2011, 10:01 AM

HAPPY SATURDAY!!

Trying to post in between doing all the touch up painting and trim that still needed to be done in the kitchen. I kept putting it off with feeble excuses. Since we have the family reunion here in a couple of weeks though, I really DO need to get things completed. My daughter plans to paint Israel's room today with race car flags. We wanted to do the whole room, but decided strategic paintings over the 'bad' spots would take less time and money. How DO kids make such a mess on the wall???

I looked in the mirror this morning thinking:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/birthday-2.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-03-2011, 08:41 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
Quote:
HAPPY SATURDAY!!

I looked in the mirror this morning thinking:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/birthday-2.jpg (broken link)

Just keep in mind that no matter how old you may be I am always older.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:08 PM

And I'm older than both of you!

Drive-by post. I woke up this morning with a familiar pain in my foot. It's been getting worse all day.... gout again. I'm back in my wheelchair.

What's worrisome is that I've been taking the med to control my uric acid level for a couple of months. But I was also taking another med as a safeguard and stopped taking it a few days ago. So obviously I need it -- although the doc doesnt think I should be taking it long-term.

So I may not be on here very much until I'm better. I'll try to keep up with the daily deals posts, though.

Queenie hasnt been been doing well either. I've taken her to the vet twice in the past two weeks. He thinks it may be an abscessed tooth. She's been on antibiotics but has been acting more stressed all day today. She wants to eat, though, and isnt showing any sensitivity in her mouth.

I'm going to call the doggie dentist Monday morning. I hope it's just a tooth and not something more serious. If I cant drive because of the gout, my sister will take Queenie and me to the doggie dentist.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:52 AM

Oh TFW, I'm so sorry you and Queenie are both feeling poorly! I sure hope the doctors can fix you two up so you are both better and can enjoy the holidays. What medication were you on that the doctor took you off of? Would that have set off your gout?

Old 12-04-2011, 06:55 AM

I got up really early. Actually, I fell asleep watching a movie so early last night, until I woke up on my own around 6:30 am. I was in the mood for posting. So, I made some coffee....then couldn't get on the site due to some glitch. It was an hour later before I could even get on CD. I opted to take another online Gaelic lesson. Before it's over, I'll be able to talk like Shrek.

HAPPY SUNDAY TO EVERYONE!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/ZootHouse/Funny-christmas-graphics-3.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-04-2011, 03:41 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
I woke up to a cold rain this morning. I love it because I don't have to leave the house. I have to keep an eye on the water level in the pool, though. If it overflows I'll have to get out there and hook up the sump pump.

The three cats are asleep. One in the linen closet, one on my bed and one in a carrier that she likes. Me? Nah. I'm really enjoying the weather too much to take a nap. Plus, I'm reading a good book and don't want to put it down.

TWF - I hope you and Queenie feel better asap.

I love winter weather as long as I'm in my house and don't have to go out for anything. Life is good.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Oh TFW, I'm so sorry you and Queenie are both feeling poorly! I sure hope the doctors can fix you two up so you are both better and can enjoy the holidays. What medication were you on that the doctor took you off of? Would that have set off your gout?

Thanks so much. I feel worse for Queenie than for me. At least I know what my problem is and that it will, e-v-en-t-u-a-l-l-y, go away.

Earlier this year the doc put me on Uloric to reduce my uric acid level. Have you seen the TV ad in which a man is carrying a large jar of green liquid, purportedly uric acid, down the street? That's an ad for Uloric, the newest (and most expensive) in a slew of uric-acid-level-lowering drugs.

Unfortunately, the Uloric made me nauseated and gave me joint pains. Too, I had a very large co-pay, even with Medicare and my supplemental insurance. I stuck it out for a few months and then just stopped taking it. Within a couple of weeks, I had a massive three-week-long gout attack.

To say that my doc was upset with me for stopping the Uloric without telling him was an understatement. I asked him to give me the generic Allopurinol, which has been around forever and is safer and very inexpensive. He said Allopurinol isnt as effective as Uloric but he was willing to let me try it. That's what I'm taking now.

Any time you start a uric-acid-level-lowering drug, there's a high chance of getting a gout attack. Something about how the uric acid forms more crystals at that time, which are deposited in the joints... Anyway, it's apparently always suggested that you take something like Colchicine (which is what I take when i get a gout attack) to protect you from gout attacks when starting a new uric-acid-lowering drug.

So I was taking Colchicine along with the Allopurinol and had had no attacks. After a while I stopped taking the Colchicine (because my doc said I've been taking it too much over the past year) and -- boom -- a few days later I get this attack. So I'm back on the Colchicine again.

I think I told youall how I ended up in the hospital with a Colchicine overdose this past summer. I had been taking it in massive doses every time I got a gout attack and then was taking it every day as a preventative too. The hospital doc told me that it's released very slowly from the body and that I had accrued a lethal amount many times over.

Part of my problem is that I have several docs for the gout...a rheumatologist, a surgeon for recovery from the foot surgery (which kept getting delayed because of the gout, so he was giving me meds for the gout too) and my GP, who's supposed to be coordinating everything. The GP is excellent but he's so busy that I dont think he's been doing a very good job of staying on top of what the other docs have been giving me.

OK, enough of that. I'm going back to bed. please say a prayer for Queenie. She's so stoic but I can tell that she doesnt feel well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff