Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 04:28 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times

Advertisements

Lol!!! Thanks guys! I needed the laughs today.

Maybe I should go check in the barn... see if she's there.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:01 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,797 times
Check the hayloft!

Old 10-18-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Check the hayloft!

LOl!! It's not that kind of barn but there is a bed upstairs.... we have some nice looking cowboys here. She could be doing worse.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:41 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,797 times
Where'bouts are you anyway?

Old 10-19-2012, 07:05 AM

Maybe she'll show up in someones pumpkin patch.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:20 PM

My heart is breaking. I found an old embroidered quilt at my moms and tried to wash out the yellow stain with no luck.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:05 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
My heart is breaking. I found an old embroidered quilt at my moms and tried to wash out the yellow stain with no luck.

Did it damage the quilt, Camp?

If not you might consider taking it to a dry cleaner that specializes in restoring old fabrics.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Did it damage the quilt, Camp?

If not you might consider taking it to a dry cleaner that specializes in restoring old fabrics.
No damage but smells great! I did some research and I'll get some Biz laundry stuff and soak it for a few days. It would cost a fortune to restore it znd I'm not even sure who exactly made it.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:57 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
No damage but smells great! I did some research and I'll get some Biz laundry stuff and soak it for a few days. It would cost a fortune to restore it znd I'm not even sure who exactly made it.
I'm sentimental about my quilts. They were made by my godmother. Some of them are getting quite old but I still use them because they are warm and just the right weight. They are not items of beauty but more like useful items. I do have a store-bought quilt on one of the beds and it is beautiful. I would be upset if it became stained.

So, if the Biz does not work then you still have a comfy quilt, right? Heck, put it on the bed in the barn loft. It will add to the ambiance.

When my sis and I moved our mother out of her house and into an assisted living facility my sis and I divided up a lot of the stuff. I kept all the 1950s aluminum stuff like a covered cake plate and a set of canisters. I did not need these things but I could not stand the thought of them going elsewhere.

What is really funny is that we put the items on the living room floor, flipped a coin about who got to go first and took turns picking items we wanted. Finally it came down to about 8 items that no one wanted and I scooped them up and took them home with me. I still have them. My niece and nephew don't know it yet but they are going to end up with them and my sis will yell "GARAGE SALE" .....lol

Old 10-19-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I'm sentimental about my quilts. They were made by my godmother. Some of them are getting quite old but I still use them because they are warm and just the right weight. They are not items of beauty but more like useful items. I do have a store-bought quilt on one of the beds and it is beautiful. I would be upset if it became stained.

So, if the Biz does not work then you still have a comfy quilt, right? Heck, put it on the bed in the barn loft. It will add to the ambiance.

When my sis and I moved our mother out of her house and into an assisted living facility my sis and I divided up a lot of the stuff. I kept all the 1950s aluminum stuff like a covered cake plate and a set of canisters. I did not need these things but I could not stand the thought of them going elsewhere.

What is really funny is that we put the items on the living room floor, flipped a coin about who got to go first and took turns picking items we wanted. Finally it came down to about 8 items that no one wanted and I scooped them up and took them home with me. I still have them. My niece and nephew don't know it yet but they are going to end up with them and my sis will yell "GARAGE SALE" .....lol
The bed in the barn is being stored, not set up... I always teased Glory that I could make her a nice room with all the stuff thats stored there.

We pretty much did the same things with my mom's stuff. If there was sentimental value to someone, then they got the item. Problem is, I'm the only one that lives in the same town so guess who gets all the furniture type stuff. But like you said, I cant part with most of it. We have donated about half the house already but there was 50 years worth of stuff there. It will still take a few months to get it all cleaned out and moved into my house.

I thought I knew what tired was...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff