Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2013, 05:40 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,422,547 times

Advertisements

I have a windchime on my patio, Wurzig. I love the sounds it makes -- it's purple agate -- but I worried about whether my neighbors mind it. So I gave one of them to the neighbor on one side and she hung it on her patio. I guess I'm ok there. I'll buy another one for the neighbor on the other side soon.

And I know what you mean about Wyoming being windy. I was offered a job in Cheyenne in 1977 (when my company was bought out by someone who lived there). I flew up to Cheyenne for a week and rented a car to see what the area was like. I could barely drive because of the wind. I ended up not staying the entire week -- I could tell everything I needed to know about Cheyenne (in those days) in five minutes.

Amarillo is where the snow and bad weather is. It's in far west Texas -- an area that God didnt intend to be part of Texas. Houston gets a tiny bit of snow every 15 years or so. I dont know about San Antonio but the two cities are so close that I suspect it's the same.

I'd love to see a photo of Winston. Let us know how you like the Dyson. For vacuuming I love, love, love my Roombas -- but my dog has short hair. I think a long-haired dog's fur would probably clog them up.

And I've seen the Thomas Kinkade puzzles. They're awesome. Are you going to laminate/frame it when you've finished it? That would look so nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
We had wind and snow today.....the flakes were small but lots of 'em and for awhile, it looked foggy outside...... We probably only got about an inch but the wind made it more icy outside. We still have some snow from a few days ago....we got @ 7 inches or so.

I love wind chimes. They chase bad spirits away... I read the HOA rules before we moved here....none are allowed......I thought, 'what???' Well, it gets WINDY here......they'd be destroyed in minutes, probably fly through a window or something. WY. is the windiest state in the union and we are @ 50 miles from Cheyenne. I have some electronic ones for the house but I always forget to turn them on.....a (hidden) tiny fan blows them ever once in awhile.

Coors is in Golden and Golden is such a cute, old western town.....not cheap living there though. It's not that far from Denver.....a burb.

I saw on the news that Amarillo (or was it San Antonio???) got quite a bit of snow.....unusual. I thought Texas only gets golfball hail.

I'm pretty jazzed........nothing broke today. Got the plumber's bill though and it was more than I thought it would be.

Winston, the pony, has been pretty nice lately......still the neediest dog I have ever seen though......and also a lover....just wants to be up against you all the time, getting hugs. And then your clothes look like mohair.

Windows 8 is very different.......it took me forever to find out how to do 'restart' today.... I could have kept Win 7 and been happy for another decade.

Well, my new dog hair Dyson is supposed to arrive on my 37th anniversary.....happy anniversary to me in a couple of days. Don't think I'll use it on the 28th but I'm kinda excited that I ordered it.

My girl gave me a jigsaw puzzle for Christmas. It's a Shimmer Thomas Kinkade puzzle. It only has 750 pieces and I thought, 'I'll whip this out in no time flat!'. Well, it has turned out to be one of the hardest puzzles I have ever worked...

Old 02-27-2013, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of a new vacuum. What is wrong with this picture?

LOL! I know how you feel. When my daughter was young and had a Golden Retriever, the vacuum cleaner was my best friend. That dog would sashay down the hall, bumping each side of the wall with her hips, dropping furballs everywhere. She was a sweetheart but I dont miss those days of walking behind her, picking up massive amounts of fur, at all.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:01 PM

12,114 posts, read 14,996,362 times
You are to kind TFW46. I guess I've been living here for to long. There is no way yous can hear what the neighbors have on their patio. Or at least I hope not. I have chimes all over the place. I love the sound they all make. I even have a small set I take camping with us, but I only put them put if we are off to our self. I know some people don't like them.

My poor vacuum cleaner is going to run away from home one day. I have two small dogs that shed something awful!!

Old 03-01-2013, 06:31 AM

I got some low-lights yesterday.

I was getting my hair trimmed and the hairdresser (who's been cutting my hair for several years) suggested that I try some high-lights to cover the gray. I asked her if there were a process to use a dark coloring for the high-lights, as I dont want to go blonde. She replied that streaking the hair with a darker color is called low-lighting.

I told her that, if I went home and thought about it, I wouldnt do it -- so let's do it right now. I got ash brown low-lights and love it. It looks like my hair did when I was young.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I got some low-lights yesterday.

I was getting my hair trimmed and the hairdresser (who's been cutting my hair for several years) suggested that I try some high-lights to cover the gray. I asked her if there were a process to use a dark coloring for the high-lights, as I dont want to go blonde. She replied that streaking the hair with a darker color is called low-lighting.

I told her that, if I went home and thought about it, I wouldnt do it -- so let's do it right now. I got ash brown low-lights and love it. It looks like my hair did when I was young.
Good for you! When you look good you feel good!!

Old 03-01-2013, 08:28 AM

Attention, attention!!! lol.

One of our fellow cd's ( younglisa7 ) is trying to spread the word on her blog she and her hubby write. It's a very interesting read and she has pictures!! It's all about them 0ff grid living, gardening,remolding and rving.

Mike and Lisa World

Old 03-01-2013, 09:01 AM

I saw her blog, Camper. It's very interesting -- just like her posts have always been.

I tried to subscribe to her blog, but Earthlink apparently thinks her updates are spam. I may have to sign up with a Hotmail address. Hotmail doesnt care about spam at all.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:03 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
I love the Lisa and Mike blog. The pics are very good and informative, too. I don't know how those two do all that they do. And, they do it with such style.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:16 AM

It wasn't free or even cheap but I'm waiting on this to come in the mail!!!

Amazon.com: Solar Rope Tube BLUE 50 LED Lights String Garden Light Inside/Outside: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Theses are going to look so cool camping. Just lay them out in the sun to charge and don't have to remember to plug them up at night or worry about using to much voltage!!!!!!

Can't wait to use them!!!!!!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:11 AM

22,184 posts, read 14,804,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
It wasn't free or even cheap but I'm waiting on this to come in the mail!!!

Amazon.com: Solar Rope Tube BLUE 50 LED Lights String Garden Light Inside/Outside: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Theses are going to look so cool camping. Just lay them out in the sun to charge and don't have to remember to plug them up at night or worry about using to much voltage!!!!!!

Can't wait to use them!!!!!!
Those look so cool Campster!

You will be able to find you love shack at night
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff