Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2016, 08:27 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Thanks. I think we're most proud of the fact we have never owed a dime on it. Paid as we went.

That is so amazing, Camp. To have been so young and so fiscally responsible and to have done it all yourselves. Simply amazing.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post

And there's apparently no hope for poor Ketabcha -- her area is always wet.

Right-O. Welcome to the swamps of Dallas-Ft. Worth. They are predicting rain through Friday. I'm not complaining but we didn't have a winter up here. Well, I guess I am complaining. I've always loved winter and missed it this year. I suspect were going to have a scorching summer. I plan on staying in the house reading and playing hidden object games on the computer while drinking coffee and looking forward to a nap.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:

And she's started carrying around one of my slippers. She doesnt chew it -- she just picks it up and takes it to her dog bed. I've bought her many stuffed animals but she apparently wants something that smells like me.

She loves you so much, TFW, and she likes you, too. That combo cannot be beat. I'm sure that slipper and its smell reminds her that she is now safe, cozy, unafraid and loved. She's found her forever home with you. All's right with the world.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:56 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Looks like the rain has finally moved out of your area -- for now, anyway, Ketabcha. Bad here, but we needed it.

And, yes, you're right about Lulu. Today's thunder made her very nervous but, with Benadryl and a Tramadol, all is right with her world right now.

Old 03-13-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:

And, yes, you're right about Lulu. Today's thunder made her very nervous but, with Benadryl and a Tramadol, all is right with her world right now.

Was the Benadryl and tramadol for you or for Ms. Lulu?

Old 03-14-2016, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Was the Benadryl and tramadol for you or for Ms. Lulu?

LOL. Lulu and I should have shared them.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:42 PM

Wow, Bob, I just read that your area is expoecting about 6" of snow on Sunday -- the first day of Spring. Stay warm and safe!

Old 03-18-2016, 07:52 PM

Arghhh...I took Lulu to the vet this morning. I had given her a Nylabone chew bone yesterday. I bought her the one for small dogs because she has no front teeth -- big mistake, because she gobbled it up almost whole in less than 5 minutes. I knew that wasnt good. And, ever since then, she hasnt wanted to eat anything at all and has had liquid diarrhea. I was worried about a blockage so I took her to the vet. We came home with a ton of meds and a bank account that's now $600.00 lighter.

They took xrays that showed it's in the intestines, still almost whole. The vet thinks it will pass, but I have to have more xrays done to make sure that it does. If it doesnt pass, she has to have surgery.

The vet also said her bloodwork shows that she has pancreatitis, which could be from the fat content of the Nylabone -- or from the treats the neighbor has been giving her to make friends over the fence. Pancreatitis is very painful, both for people and for dogs -- Lulu must be very stoic because you cant tell she's in that much pain.

And the xrays also showed she has severe arthritis in her back (L1, L2 and L3, wherever that is). Thank goodness she doesnt yet show any signs of pain. In fact, the way she jumps around, you'd think she was 2 years old instead of the 7-8 years old that the vets say.

Poor Lulu. She and I were going to go spend a few days with my daughter at her place about 150 miles away early next week -- but the vet said I have to keep Lulu quiet until the Nylabone passes and the pancreatitis is gone. So we had to postpone the trip.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:43 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
Oh no! Poor Lulu!! Hope everything comes out OK. Seriously, no joke intended. My Bailey eats everything whole. So far, 11 years and nothing has every come of it but I am VERY careful what I give her and the size of it.

Hopefully you guys can go stay with your daughter soon.

Did I tell you the A/C went out in the main house about a week ago? It's been OK, we just turn the other unit on and use fans to blow it around the house. Well, the guy is here to fix ( $1700.00!!!) Didn't get any rain last night but love the cooler temps. it today and it's in the 60's!!! I have everything open.

Did I tell you guys we had to buy a new washer about a month ago? Well, that POS is going back Monday and had to get another one. Of course more money. Problem is the wrinkling of the clothes! We are talking accordion type wrinkles coming out of the wash. I don't put my t shirt or good tops in the dryer and you almost cant even iron these wrinkles out. The washer has a wrinkle control setting but no luck Even tried the hand wash cycle. No better. I guess if the new new one is no better I'll get some rocks and head to the nearest creek. What really erks me is the height of the new ones. I'm just talking top load now but I am 5'8' and I have to use a grabber tool to reach the last few items. And now the washer will be a bit higher than the dryer. UGH!!!! I give up. I just want it to work right.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:22 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
Sorry to hear TFW, I hope she will be okay!

Camper, sorry to hear about your appliances - when it rains it pours sometimes doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff