Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2014, 05:25 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindarby View Post
Today I received 2 K cups of coffee from Peets. I look forward to the box from Target. I know they used to send a makeup case stuffed with samples twice a year. I wonder if they still do that. It is fun to get something in the mail.

It is fun to get stuff, especially free stuff, in the mail, lindarby. And Target always sends its freebies pretty quickly. I dont know about makeup cases but I remember someone posting that she got a bunch of stuff from Target.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 05:27 PM

P.S. In case the new people arent aware of it, many of us use a throwaway email address for these freebies. For example, my true email address is @earthlink.net but I use a yahoo.com email addy (one that I use only for freebie requests) for all freebies. Otherwise, you may get inundated with ads and spam.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:53 PM

693 posts, read 704,539 times
Good idea.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:16 AM

2,164 posts, read 1,651,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
There has to be a pun in that but it escapes me right now.
If I was smarter, I could tell you! ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Don't let it get your down. We all go through some dry spells with freebie delivery. It is kind of addictive to open the mail box and see goodies.

I really have not ordered much of anything lately. I seem to be downloading free books a lot. I am very happy about that. From time to time there will be a freebie that is to die for. Some companies offer boxes of stuff. Target does about once a year and we all look forward to that freebie. We not only look forward to it, we go nuts.
I LOVE the free books! I have a (very old) Kindle, but I've also DL'd books to my laptop and my phone, all thanks to Bob. I used one of the cookbooks tonight. Very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
It takes weeks, sometimes even months, to receive some freebies. Often, by the time I receive them, it's been so long that I've forgotten that I requested them.
So true! I remember one took about 6 months, & I'd completely forgotten about it. When it came in the mail, I was thinking, "What the heck is THIS?" Luckily, my daughter knew. Some kind of electronic thingy that she actually could use.

Quote:
P.S. In case the new people arent aware of it, many of us use a throwaway email address for these freebies. For example, my true email address is @earthlink.net but I use a yahoo.com email addy (one that I use only for freebie requests) for all freebies. Otherwise, you may get inundated with ads and spam.
Oh yes, I"ve used mailinator.com ever since someone mentioned it in this thread. It certainly keeps my real addr from being overrun.
Sadly, sometimes a freebie we request never comes, cuz it was just a ploy to get addresses so they can spam us.
But for the most part, getting freebies is worry-free.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr.R View Post
...Sadly, sometimes a freebie we request never comes, cuz it was just a ploy to get addresses so they can spam us...

That's true. but another reason why people may not get a freebie is that sometimes a company is trying out its new product in certain areas -- and only people with those certain zip codes will get the freebie. I live in an area that's not wealthy and many times other posters get freebies and I dont, even though I requested the freebie at the same time. It doesnt upset me because I'm aware of how marketing works.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:11 PM

Today I received 2 samples of fish oil and TNT Fireworks sent stickers a notepad and a small poster.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:53 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Today I received 2 samples of fish oil and TNT Fireworks sent stickers a notepad and a small poster.

I love getting note pads. I don't care how big they are or how small. I use them all.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:15 PM

Me too. I use the note pads all the time and I have a lot but I am still happy to get them.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:41 AM

3 posts, read 2,679 times
I just applied for THIS http://bit.ly/1dEWIwv

Look forward to win a gift card

Old 03-30-2014, 06:56 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,651,414 times
Quote:
That's true. but another reason why people may not get a freebie is that sometimes a company is trying out its new product in certain areas -- and only people with those certain zip codes will get the freebie. I live in an area that's not wealthy and many times other posters get freebies and I dont, even though I requested the freebie at the same time. It doesnt upset me because I'm aware of how marketing works.
I didn't know that, thanks.

Quote:
Me too. I use the note pads all the time and I have a lot but I am still happy to get them.
Yep, I'm one who loves having lots of paper & pens around. Use them every day.

Today I got vitamins from two different sources. Can't remember their names now, and they're in the other room, so I can't name them. But that's not that important anyway.

Oh, and Hubby got his "Contractors" magazine. He seems to like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Deals, Coupons, Free Stuff