Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 12:39 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,912,094 times

Advertisements

Ocean View is just west of Bethany, about two miles from the ocean. It's a kayaker's paradise--so many places to kayak. I love the town, but you may find it's bit boring from December--March. It's really dead here during the winter, which doesn't bother me in the slightest but it's nowhere near as action-packed as Rehoboth. However, Ocean City is right down the road and that place stays busy year round, always something going on. We have very little, if any, violent crime though--no gang worries either. Theft and burglaries, yes, but that's anywhere anymore.

Never heard of Indian Point....sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 01:07 PM

422 posts, read 1,362,625 times
You may want to look at Lewes a bit as well. Lots of year round/locals in RBYCC and Kings Creek or is it Grant???

Old 07-02-2011, 11:36 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,089,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachliz View Post
Never heard of Indian Point....sorry.
I looked at the map and I think they meant Indian Beach. Anyone know anything about Indian Beach?

Old 07-02-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlblueyes View Post
You may want to look at Lewes a bit as well. Lots of year round/locals in RBYCC and Kings Creek or is it Grant???
We're coming back in the winter and Lewes is at the top of places we want to check out. Any other areas with a beach that I haven't mentioned? The beach can be along a bay, but there has to be a beach. My husband is insistent that we need to live within 2 miles of a beach of some sort.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:43 PM

728 posts, read 1,782,758 times
This IS Delaware.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:15 PM

Indian Beach, yes....very, very nice. Quiet area as well. Yes, do check out Lewes. We were interested in Covey Creek and Pilottown--nice developments.

I don't blame you for wanting to be near the beach. We live two miles from the ocean and we were going to move even closer (about a mile from Bethany) if we weren't moving out of state in less than three years. And honestly, if I cannot be as close the beach in Florida as I am here, then I'd rather just stay here.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:05 PM

728 posts, read 1,782,758 times
That pic is Conquest Beach at DSSP on a Thursday. I'll pass on Florida, being from Utah I do like some snow... the bad snow days you have here that close schools and such down are normal winter where I'm from. I can't imagine even retired not wanting to wake up late and look out at the snow with a brisk cup of coffee.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:22 PM

I don't mind a little snow now and then, raven, in fact....I even like winter snowstorms. I get to show off in the Jeep . However, my husband is extremely intolerable of any temperature below 60 and couldn't care less if he never saw another snowflake. Sigh....

Old 07-02-2011, 07:25 PM

One thing I'm curious about the beach areas is if they ever attract biting insects. So far we've visited in October and late June, and both times were surprised to encounter no mosquitoes or gnats. Is that typical?

I was especially surprised this year, because the week before our trip I was eaten alive in my garden here in VA, and since returning home have been bitten many times again. Yet, I didn't get a single bite the entire week were were in Rehoboth. Coincidence, or is this possibly a factor of beach breezes?

Old 07-03-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
IF you want some info here is a link to the real estate listings InnoVia Login
On the right side click on Public Site, then click on find real estate in the left corner, then choose residential and select away to your hearts content. Once you make your selections, and get your homes, scroll all the way to the bottom and in a box just above the words LISTED BY you will see
FEE SIMPLE Yes/no.
Hope this helps. We too are going to relo next summer and we have been studying the very same site.
This site is great! It's a good introduction to the various communities. I'm starting to get a little bit of feel for the various towns.

Lewes looks increasingly interesting. Any insight on why it seems to be significantly less expensive than Rehoboth? Do they have crime issues or some other problem? I looked at the crime map and it looks like the crime is about the same, but it's hard to tell for sure using that sort of map--I'd rather hear what locals think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware