Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 06:54 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times

Advertisements

Yay, good to hear that you feel that way.

LOL I hope I didn't sound silly saying that before--tt's just a reflection from my own temporary burnout from the Nova forum. For years I loved being the answer person and helping out people moving there. Then a few months ago I hit burnout. Probably just a temporary thing, but it's been so nice to try out a few other forums and be the question asker for a change instead of the answer person. Luckily for me there were lots of other people on Nova forum giving advice, so it was no loss for me to step away.

Anyway, I'm delighted that you're not burnt out because you've given a lot of good tips. I read through the old threads for this forum and boy have you said some great things over the past few years. You're kind of inspiring me to stop by my old forum and see if anyone there needs a question answered. Time to start giving back again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 08:57 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,912,094 times
rk04--wow, your description sounds exactly like my house. How soon are you planning on buying? My home will be up for sale possibly sooner than we planned, and I know of a few in the area which are in that price range--nice, quiet neighborhoods too.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:16 PM

Caladium--I do tend to gravitate towards Rehoboth/Dewey more in the off-season for entertainment. We shy away from the Rehoboth Beach scene during the summer (too crowded) unless my family comes down. Our big comeback (ha!) is in October for the Rudder's music festival. We do still visit Lewes in the summer. We also love to attend events in Ocean City as well once the summer season has ended. However, my gym, my ex, and my orthodontist are all in the Lewes/Rehoboth area so I still travel there during the summer. I rarely travel there on Friday through Monday from Memorial Day through Labor Day.

I have enjoyed this forum and I don't mind answering questions, although I do have more free time during the summer since I'm on vacation. I believe I am one of the few people on here who lives in my area and would know it as well as I do; a lot of that knowledge comes from bike riding and really getting to know the area. All my recreational activities are done in my area, whether it's hiking, biking, walking, or kayaking. I get to see plenty of beautiful places while on my excursions .

Like rdlr, I don't smoke, get drunk, or do anything that shocking either and I do spend about two hours online daily, sometimes less. I rarely watch tv, can't stand phones, and prefer the computer anyway .

Old 07-18-2011, 04:50 AM

34 posts, read 63,088 times
Beachliz: We hope to visit the area, this fall, for the first time. I am anywhere from 12 to 30 months from retirement. Not really looking to buy another home yet, as we would have to sell the home in NJ first.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:27 PM

O.k...yes, same deal here, we have to sell our house in order to buy another one. Good luck! You'll love the area when you visit.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:44 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
Beachliz, you sound like you could be my twin! Are you sure we weren't separated at birth?

Old 07-18-2011, 07:53 PM

Thanks, Caladium. I noticed we share many common interests and housing "musts" as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware