Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2008, 12:05 PM

15 posts, read 87,847 times

Advertisements

This thread was posted in the Maryland section....and thought I would post it in Delaware as well.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:07 AM

214 posts, read 822,846 times
Angry Why I moved out of Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy c View Post
This thread was posted in the Maryland section....and thought I would post it in Delaware as well.
I was born in a hospital in DE, although my family was from MD, we are talking slower lower Delaware (LSD)
I graduated from college in DE. I lived for many years in DC, but moved to Rehoboth beach, which was the biggest mistake of my life. Sure i made money on the sale of my home 2004. but hated the small town back door politics, lack of jobs, the good ole' boy network, on local and state levels. The only good thing about the area is the ocean, but it's so polluted now, I wouldn't put my toe in it.
This area is only good for people who don't mind corruption in the police department, or their city management, those who can live with their heads in the sand, you know Ostriches.
The locals are so Moderator cut: edit, and desperate, and more money is being funded into corrections, than higher education, which doesn't say very good things in my opinion.
The locals don't want you moving there, many of whom have inherited, rather than bought, because it will disrupt their Moderator cut: edit of "this is the way we have always done it, and we're not changing."
Sure move there if you want to be surrounded by a bunch of Moderator cut: edit people. It's your choice. personally it didn't appeal to me, but to each his/her own. And don't let the low taxes fool you, your property taxes will be re-assessed shortly for infrastructure expenses.
I have nothing good to say about Delaware, especially lower Delaware. I fortunately got out in the nick of time, before housing prices plummeted. And those of us who have lived in DC, resent Rehoboth using the term "the Nations's Capital", never was, never will be.

Last edited by christina0001; 03-04-2008 at 10:12 AM.. Reason: inflammatory remark

Old 03-02-2008, 03:00 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashellbelle View Post
Sure move there if you want to be surrounded by a bunch of uneducated, ignorant, repulsively fat people. It's your choice. personally it didn't appeal to me, but to each his/her own. And don't let the low taxes fool you, your property taxes will be re-assessed shortly for infrastructure expenses.
I have nothing good to say about Delaware, especially lower Delaware. I fortunately got out in the nick of time, before housing prices plummeted. And those of us who have lived in DC, resent Rehoboth using the term "the Nations's Capital", never was, never will be.

Oh my gosh Why not say how you really feel

There are some that detest living in De and I'm sure they have their reasons.
It is a good thing you did something about your situation and got of of Dodge.
I have talked to people on this board that loathe DE but continue to stay and complain. It is sad when you think about it. to be so unhappy and trapped.

We moved here 1 year ago in a 55+ community and love it. Maybe we are just uneducated, ignorant and repulsive people and just don't know it
Seriously, De is not for everyone so you go where you are happy. Different strokes for different folks

Old 03-03-2008, 08:48 AM

271 posts, read 995,575 times
I wish I had more than a minute free today, as I'd have more than a few things to say about seashellebelle's post. Delaware, certainly, isn't perfect for everyone, and during our 30+ years here, we've said goodbye to a lot of friends, though many of them have left for different work situations, or because, like us, they wanted to be near family, or have always promised themselves that when they were able they'd live somewhere they may have fallen in love with many years ago.

I suppose we should all try to ignore such rudeness. Hard not to take it personally though. Charley, I'm not only getting older, I'm definitely on the plump side. I blame it largely on a medication I must take, but regardless of reason, I find this post--well, sad. I hope the poster will reconsider, and I so hope she was just having a bad day.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:02 AM

71 posts, read 185,680 times
Default Thought about moving to DE, changed mind

No sales tax! Other than that, what else does Delaware have to offer? Physically it's an ugly state, its medical and education systems are subpar. The "major" cities have nothing to offer culturally and are too small to justify putting up with the problems of living in an urban setting versus the benefits. It is cheaper to live in Delaware, but you do get what you pay for; I've decided to move to Chester County, PA, which allows me to still pay no sales tax in Delaware.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:02 AM

9,723 posts, read 14,262,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG View Post
I've decided to move to Chester County, PA, which allows me to still pay no sales tax in Delaware.
I couldn't be happier for you. Good luck with your new job!

Old 03-04-2008, 06:52 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,091,725 times
Thank you for contributing...thead is now permanently closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware