Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2007, 12:29 PM

83 posts, read 327,570 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for good colleges in delware I need a small to middle size city or town i'm not really the out going type
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 03:17 PM

3 posts, read 11,268 times
University of Delaware is an excellant school www.udel.edu. But, it is a large school. There are a lot of smaller colleges as well, what are you planning to major in?

Old 02-28-2007, 08:24 AM

27 posts, read 140,466 times
if you would like to major in business, goldey beacom college in pike creek sounds like it might be the school for you. when i went there, years ago, the class size was about 30-35. all the teachers know your face if not your name. they bend over backwards to help you in any way they can. dont know if you need a dorm or not but they have several. the campus is very small; however, what is inside those doors is wonderful!

if you are not looking for business, wilmington college in wilmington and delaware techicnal community college are good ones as well. both of these also have small class sizes. del tech is a 2 year college but is very good. they do not have any dorms and i am not sure if wilmington college has dorms.

good luck!

Old 02-28-2007, 09:49 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,341,957 times
What is your major going to be? UD does have excellent courses, but Wilmington College also has many majors and the professors and advisors do take time with the students. Also, the admissions staff is very accommodating. They now have locations in Wilmington, New Castle, and Dover, with some local classes at Groves Marshallton. Good luck!

Old 01-22-2012, 06:39 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,910,344 times
Like you, I don't really want to be the center of attention either, but then again I don't want to be one of a hundred students in a class. I had great luck with Del Tech (Georgetown campus), and I have attended Wilmington University classes at the New Castle, Dover, and Georgetown locations. Class sizes were small, the campuses weren't overwhelming, and the instructors and college staff were friendly and efficient. Never had a bad experience while obtaining my degrees at any of these locations...best of luck to you .

Old 01-22-2012, 07:37 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,976,309 times
I would have first thought Wesley College in Dover: Wesley College: Wesley College for a first look. Univeristy of Delaware is an excellent, almost Ivy League school, but is terribly expensive. Delaware State isn't all that much better in terms of costs, but might have more scholarships available -I don't know. Wilmington University is a for-profit, private institutional that can be very good for older than average or working professionals but isn't where most younger students would go. I have known some people who have gone there to complete BAs or to do Masters degrees and who have been very happy with it, however. Delaware really doesn't offer a whole lot of options -- it's too small. On the whole, I would recommend investigating Wesley College if you want a small, supportive place; University of Delaware if you can afford serious tuition fees and can deal with what is really only a moderately large state univeristy by US standards, Delaware State University, especially if you are interested in attending an historically black university that these days is somewhat more diverse; or else possibly Wilmington U. if you would fit into the older, commuter demographic.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:38 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,791,068 times
This thread is almost five years old, ladyscorpian should be in graduate school by now, lol.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:43 AM

347 posts, read 863,331 times
How about Wesley or Goldey Beacom?

Old 01-23-2012, 05:53 AM

1,916 posts, read 3,910,344 times
James---LOL!! I'm glad you pointed that out!! I just noticed that too....

Old 01-23-2012, 06:03 AM

4,726 posts, read 11,976,309 times
Oh dear! How did this thing get revived. Guess it's a reminder to always look at the posting history!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware