Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2008, 07:35 AM

16 posts, read 85,228 times

Advertisements

I know there's been a lot of recent postings asking about Newark housing, but I'd like to know any recommendations for apts within 2 or 3 blocks of downtown Newark's Main St. When I check the apartment sites, many listings look like they might be on the suburban fringe. I like the semi-Bohemian energy of the downtown area, warts and all and would prefer to live there.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 06:29 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,344,730 times
Since no one has replied, I will give some basic info. You don't indicate if you are a college student, but there are many types of housing within walking distance of Main Street and probably even on Main Street atop stores. If you take a drive on the streets closest to campus, you will see signs with apartments and houses for rent. That would be your best bet. Because of proximity to UD, landlords really don't have to advertise on any site.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:22 AM

16 posts, read 85,228 times
Thanks for the tip, SXMGIrl. Just for the record, I'm not a student so it would be a long-term rental.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:48 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,344,730 times
You need to know that there has been a good deal of crime (personal attacks, etc.) in the Main Street area. Newark Police have been trying to get it under control, but it has been difficult. If you don't mind a long walk, there are areas in Newark that are very nice but not right in the Main Street area. I would look at 896 North. Again, Baconator can give better info probably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware