Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 12:00 PM

79 posts, read 416,754 times

Advertisements

Nelly622, this is mama4mia, I do live in Wilmington now. In general I was speaking about groceries. I know they are expensive everwhere, but more so here in Wilmington. If you've never lived anywhere else then you have nothing else to compare to.

Christiana Mall is great and so is King of Prussia; we go there when we something special we are needing to buy. Last weeks paper spoke about the new plans for the empty spots at Christiana, Nordstroms in 2008 and a new concept for internet shopping, sounds pretty unique.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2007, 03:10 PM

3 posts, read 8,447 times
Default del schools

I went to ursuline and didnt like much because of all girls but in the end glad i stuck it out. mostly middle to upper class. I have heard that st marks is one of the catholic schools with more students on drugs. I have never heard bad things about St elizabeth. But honestly, no matter what school you choose, they all have some kind of drug use. Ultimately it will be up to your child to make the decision to do or not to do. I went to ursuline and used drugs for 20 years during and after. I only hung out with maybe 3 classmates, so it really doesnt matter.

Old 05-26-2007, 03:14 PM

3 posts, read 8,447 times
I would recommend North Wilmington off the concord pike for a residence, close to pa, close to 95 and everything from shopping to doctors!

Old 05-26-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Great...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seodvl View Post
I went to ursuline and didnt like much because of all girls but in the end glad i stuck it out. mostly middle to upper class. I have heard that st marks is one of the catholic schools with more students on drugs. I have never heard bad things about St elizabeth. But honestly, no matter what school you choose, they all have some kind of drug use. Ultimately it will be up to your child to make the decision to do or not to do. I went to ursuline and used drugs for 20 years during and after. I only hung out with maybe 3 classmates, so it really doesnt matter.
Great...my daughter is stating Ursuline in the fall!

Old 05-27-2007, 09:41 AM

460 posts, read 2,422,242 times
Move to Southern Chester County the schools are better and Wegmans is 30 mins away. Delaware is nice but it's not progressive. I have a home for sale in Southern Chester County we are being relocated South, go figure.
Pm me for details.

Old 05-27-2007, 03:01 PM

6 posts, read 10,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama4mia View Post
Hi,

I haven't been happy here in the 2 years we've been here (note I grew up in Jersey). People here are not very friendly and it is hard to get into their groups, maybe it will be different for you since you work and will be able to meet people through your job, I am a stay at home mom. The road rage here is out of control and I see accidents on the roads constantly. The infrastructure was not planned very well so traffic is heavy during rush hours.

Sorry for the negative vibes, but I've never had such a hard time fitting in before.

I'll agree with Mama4mia here, the people aren't very friendly, but maybe that's because I'm a stay at home mom as well.

I'm originally from Philly, but have since moved 10 times. (My ex-husband was in the Navy) I lived in Bear and absolutely hated it! I'm in Pike Creek now, and it's way better. Only thing is the houses are expensive and the people keep to themselves.

As far as schools, my three are all in elemtary school and attend Linden Hill - a public school - which I love... But not enough to stay here. I'm currently looking to move to NC.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:04 PM

Default Than you Kelly...

[quote=Kelly1;782913]I'll agree with Mama4mia here, the people aren't very friendly, but maybe that's because I'm a stay at home mom as well.

I'm in Pike Creek now, and it's way better. Only thing is the houses are expensive and the people keep to themselves.

I'm in Pike Creek also...moving to north Wilmington but I don't see it being any better. This place makes you feel like you just don't belong no matter how hard I try.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:05 PM

I think we may have scared off ATLGAL.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:52 AM

6 posts, read 10,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama4mia View Post
I'm in Pike Creek also...moving to north Wilmington but I don't see it being any better. This place makes you feel like you just don't belong no matter how hard I try.
My dad lives in North Wilmington, has for over 6 years, and still doesn't know any of his neighbors.

The funny thing is, most of the people I have met here aren't even from here. I can honestly say I don't think I've ever met someone who was born and raised here. So maybe that's the reason most keep to themselves. I don't know. I was rasied in SW Philly and growing up I knew almost everyone in my neighborhood. Now...well, now I'd be pressed to name three people here.

Quote:
I think we may have scared off ATLGAL.
But...but...ATLGAl, it is pretty here. Less traffic!

Old 05-28-2007, 07:04 PM

Default But...

I can honestly say I don't think I've ever met someone who was born and raised here. (Quote):

Kelly, I have met people who are originally from here. Some of them may work here but they live in PA or NJ and the ones who are from here and still live here have no clue what it's like to move, they have their friends and family here...as one person put it to me once, they said, "Well you know how it is, you have your school friends, your church friends, your neighbor friends, your pool friends....", yadayada...and I'm thinking to myself...well that's how it is then, there is no room for anyone else is there? They are just full of friends and somethin' else.....

I've asked people to coffee or to lunch and so forth and they had the nerve to tell me that maybe we could do something next year when my little one was in pre-school! This came from a mom with 3 kids of here own. I've also had people inviting each other to lunch or coffee in front of me and not include me...people can just be so rude and crude around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware