Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 11:27 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattaty25 View Post
That's why you dont ever get a root canal from a regular dentist.
Never is a strong word. I think there are plenty of general practice dentists who are perfectly capable of doing root canals. I've had 2 anterior root canals done by regular dentists but I've also gotten endo referrals for molars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 05:31 PM

371 posts, read 365,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
No nerves = no pain unless they missed something. You can have referred pain from surrounding teeth due to inflammation. I also get deep aches that seem like they're in my teeth but they're actually from sinus pressure...nothing to do with my teeth.

Your issue sounds like an actual issue, though. I saw later downthread that you did go back to your endo (GOOD) and that the issue is being taken care of.

:

I saw my endo twice, he took an xray and it looks good but feels there may be a small crack that he cant see on an xray. I was able to eat on the tooth so he said we will watch it but now my tooth is getting sensitive again. So he said if it's still bad it will have to be removed and I will need a bone graft. I am freaking out.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:45 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,017,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbychic View Post
I saw my endo twice, he took an xray and it looks good but feels there may be a small crack that he cant see on an xray. I was able to eat on the tooth so he said we will watch it but now my tooth is getting sensitive again. So he said if it's still bad it will have to be removed and I will need a bone graft. I am freaking out.

Why don't you buy some of that teeth desensitizer type toothpaste, and see if that helps? Something like Sensodyne and the like.

It might take a week or so before it really helps, but I think it likely WILL help you get over this sensitivity issue.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:02 PM

I am seeing a periodontist in the morning. I am guessing they want to do an extraction and a bone graph. I am terrified from everything I have read and heard about bone graphs. I may just say screw it and I'll have a gap in my teeth. lol

Old 07-13-2018, 03:36 PM

They see no infection on the xray, two dentist feel it's a fracture. They said they can extract the tooth, do the bone graph and put in the implant the same day all in a hour.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:08 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
They see no infection on the xray, two dentist feel it's a fracture. They said they can extract the tooth, do the bone graph and put in the implant the same day all in a hour.
If you can afford the implant definitely go for it!

Old 07-13-2018, 04:18 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,017,461 times
Quote:
I am seeing a periodontist in the morning. I am guessing they want to do an extraction and a bone graph. I am terrified from everything I have read and heard about bone graphs. I may just say screw it and I'll have a gap in my teeth. lol

The problem with "gaps" in your teeth, is that the other teeth migrate or move in and try to close it up. That ends up being a worse problem, and can result in more pain. So, don't do that unless you are ready to accept that possibility.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:49 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Go thru all they recommend and there is no infection!!! Guess I don't understand it all.

I know my issue is different but I went thru a scare almost 10 yrs ago and was able to save myself from a huge job and lots of $$$, using some healing oils. Just thinking about it all ...and you say no infection. ummm

I know every case can be different but just thinkin...and I've had RC's from regular dentists and were just fine.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-13-2018 at 06:32 PM..

Old 07-13-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Go thru all they recommend and there is no infection!!! Guess I don't understand it all.

I know my issue is different but I went thru a scare almost 10 yrs ago and was able to save myself from a huge job and lots of $$$, using some healing oils. Just thinking about it all ...and you say no infection. ummm

I know every case can be different but just thinkin...and I've had RC's from regular dentists and were just fine.

oils won't help if tooth is fractured.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:27 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
oils won't help if tooth is fractured.
Again, I just don't understand the fracture from the root canal issue, I'll jump out of here now as I don't relate...Good luck...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health