Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 07:50 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,075,475 times

Advertisements

I've never felt pain from any cavities and not all would be visible to you

You have the every right to refuse x-rays, but they have every right to refuse to have you as a patient.

I can see it now, a patient refuses the x-ray. A few months later something goes wrong, that could have been caught early with the x-ray, and now that's the dentists fault
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 08:10 AM

629 posts, read 932,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Do you see your doctor, an MB, for annual check up? Does he want an xray every time? Without any reason? If you are woman does your gyno want an xray every time?

Why do dentists require it once a year? how can anyone with a brain not ask why?
What does it have to do with flying and what radiation do you get in a plane?
1) If my physician held an MB degree, I would see a different physician
2) You are certainly able to ask why. However, in your case numerous people here are telling you why yet you refuse to accept any of the answers if they don't align with your established beliefs.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
When I am asked any problems and I say nope, everything is fine because everything IS fine why is he checking for cavities?
So you are looking for a dentist who doesn't check for cavities?

Old 05-13-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
To me, problems denote pain in the mouth, I have none. And I don't post on every thread, ones I choose to. I know pain and it's not from my mouth. Thanks.
And this is the reason why you and millions of people in this country are missing teeth and have other physical ailments. You either can't comprehend or refuse to accept the severity of a situation until it is too late.

Funny how the ones who claim "I know my body" are also the ones suffering from numerous medical/dental problems and then looking to blame the doctor/dentist.

Old 05-13-2019, 10:43 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bart0323 View Post
And this is the reason why you and millions of people in this country are missing teeth and have other physical ailments. You either can't comprehend or refuse to accept the severity of a situation until it is too late.

Funny how the ones who claim "I know my body" are also the ones suffering from numerous medical/dental problems and then looking to blame the doctor/dentist.
So I should believe all my issues are from my teeth....could be from too much sugar and carbs for 3/4 of my life and yes that affected the teeth and hence a LOT of dental work in my mouth and maybe/possibly the OA issues I deal with. I've made major changes at the age of 70 or so. Lots of continuing fear mongering.

People make changes on the foods that are causing all the dental problems. Wish I had done that decades ago.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:32 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,975,722 times
Quote:
When I am asked any problems and I say nope, everything is fine because everything IS fine why is he checking for cavities?

Is this a joke??

I'd like to believe it is a joke. Okay, it's a joke. Phew. You had me going there for a second.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:11 PM

4,717 posts, read 3,266,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I declined the nighttime mouth guard because it’s expensive and I doubt I could tolerate it.
Mine recommended one after he became concerned because I seemed to be cracking fillings and losing a crown on occasion- more frequently than he would have expected. I can't tell you how many years I've had it but it was before I retired and that was 5 years ago. (I do clean it regularly!) my problem was clenching rather than grinding. I highly recommend it- buy a cheapie at the drug store and see if you can sleep with it. I never had an issue and the breakages have stopped.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:53 PM

15,952 posts, read 7,015,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
Is this a joke??

I'd like to believe it is a joke. Okay, it's a joke. Phew. You had me going there for a second.
If cavities are not evident on examination, and the patient says she has no pain or any problem, why does he need xray>
Why does this need to be explained to you?

Old 05-13-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
So you are looking for a dentist who doesn't check for cavities?
If cavities are not evident what does he think the xray will show?

Old 05-13-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
1) If my physician held an MD degree, I would see a different physician
2) You are certainly able to ask why. However, in your case numerous people here are telling you why yet you refuse to accept any of the answers if they don't align with your established beliefs.
Numerous people are also agreeing with me. Do you not notice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health