Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 08:52 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,436,540 times

Advertisements

I suggest you drive it before you commit to it.

I know it's not in the city proper, as I also know the area very well. It's a mailing address for a lot of businesses. And the OP doesn't know how quirky our mailing addresses can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 08:57 PM

664 posts, read 2,066,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
I suggest you drive it before you commit to it.

I know it's not in the city proper, as I also know the area very well. It's a mailing address for a lot of businesses. And the OP doesn't know how quirky our mailing addresses can be.
I know you know but when it is actually in another incorporated city - Greenwood Village - rather than being an unincorporated part searching for a name I thought I'd point it out to the OP. And actually the 'official' city for the Centennial portion of DTC is Englewood too although Centennial is an 'acceptable' city name as is 'Greenwood Village' according to USPS.

Last edited by chilicheesefries; 07-22-2010 at 09:09 PM..

Old 07-22-2010, 09:33 PM

5 posts, read 10,692 times
My office is at I25 and 470, if that helps.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:50 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,669,721 times
Then you really aren't in the Tech Center. That location could be Inverness or Lone Tree. The Tech Center exits off of I-25 start at Belleview, then Orchard, then Arapahoe Road. You must pass Dry Creek exit, then get to County Line, which is where you probably are going. ANYWAY, my answer is still the same -- it's hard to give good commute time information because it all depends on how far off the highway your house and your office are.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:51 PM

25 posts, read 61,239 times
Again < 30 minutes, usually < 15 minutes from many parts of the urban area. From Wash Park especially. The commute is people driving from the south to the city to work, traffic in the other direction is not an issue. Avoid anything that requires 225 because it is always backed up.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:55 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,680 times
Why commute when you don't have to ? With that workplace, I'd recommend Centennial or Lone Tree. I know it's not urban living, but Washington Park is kind of like a suburb too. The benefit of living in Centennial or Lone Tree near the highway is you're a short walk to Light Rail stations for downtown entertainment. You're also a very short drive from work.

There are places to rent in Lone Tree very close to the Lincoln St. Light Rail Station. Don't know anything about them, but they're there. If you like the area, you can buy a house anywhere in the Centennial area. If you don't, you can move to Denver or wherever (you'll know more about the city then). As empty nesters, you are able to enjoy a bit of freedom you didn't have with kids, because you don't have to worry about changing schools when you move.

I'm thinking the rush hour traffic southbound on I-25 into DTC is not really all that much of a picnic. I could be wrong, but personally I'd rather skip it by living nearer work.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:00 AM

181 posts, read 582,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I'm thinking the rush hour traffic southbound on I-25 into DTC is not really all that much of a picnic.
I'm thinking the same thing. It's horrible, and the problem with going all the way to 470 is that the freeway is the only real option (the airport and CC park get in the way), so that if there is any problem, you're hosed. I have made that drive before (I live in Southmoor), and it isn't pretty.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:16 AM

3 posts, read 7,843 times
I live Downtown and now Light Rail rather then drive into the tech center. If you live Dowtown or near wash park you have some great options for the light rail. Cap hill can even be pretty close in some spots. Google map Cap Hill and wash park and measure how long it is to the light rail. Should be less then a mile mostly. New Bike share system is fantastic as well

Old 07-23-2010, 04:38 PM

5 posts, read 10,692 times
Thanks for all the great replies. Will be there in August for a week so will check it out then!

Old 07-31-2010, 04:16 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,864 times
I commute from the DU area to the southernmost part of DTC and it's a no-brainer. Door-to-door in 12-20 minutes. Drive-time is mostly affected by your distance to getting onto I25. And traffic obviously which is usually only a concern when northbound @ day's end.

Without I25 access, some southern areas can actually take longer to get to where you're going than being north in Denver. Trust me. I've driven them repeatedly as we continue our never-ending house-hunt. I25 fears are largely relative as well. Annoying? Sometimes - sure. But it's nothing like some other serious freeways. Again - that's all relative. Many mornings, it's wide-open, left wondering, "People complain about this?!?!?!".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver