Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 08:03 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,525,560 times

Advertisements

I would definitely suggest the Convention Center

It's dramatic like the Denver Art Museum and it's right next to the weird "dancing aliens" mentioned above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 08:31 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,144,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
I would definitely suggest the Convention Center

It's dramatic like the Denver Art Museum and it's right next to the weird "dancing aliens" mentioned above.
It also has the giant blue bear.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:14 AM

13 posts, read 23,295 times
Apologies for the delay in replying. Didn't want anyone to think I wasn't supremely grateful for the advice. Even those who decided to trail off with their own movies (Mutant Praire Dogs!! GO WRITE IT!).

Huge thanks to those who answered already and to Jon Galt for the cool Convention centre pic. I like it. DavidV for pretty much answering every question. Much appreciated.

And to anyone else who contributed. Think I've got my answer. The packed area I was looking for will be the Art Museum. Not sure how busy it gets with tourists in reality, but in the poetic-license world of movies, it gets crowded with people in and around it every day.

The street battle will happen at the corner of Broadway and 17th. Lots of buildings exploding into matchstick fragments. Gonna look cool in CGI!

The chase sequence will start at the art Museum and continue through to Civic Center Park taking in the Capitol, Obelisk and various monuments.

If possible I may try and work in the Flea Market, the Performing Arts Center and the Convention Center somewhere along the way. Have to check it out in terms of geographical location to the other locations mentioned above.

Anyhow, thankin' you all again. Think I've got what I need. Actually I might just ask you knowledgable Denverites one more question.

Later in the Third Act I have a scene where our Hero's wife is kidnapped in a catatonic state. Our hero has the ability (just one of his powers) to reach inside people's minds. Obviously in her catatonic state she can't see anything, but she can still hear things which our hero, through a mindlink, can also hear in order to zero in on her location. Kind of like in The Fugitive where they isolate sounds in a call to hear the overhead train track so they can work out where Kimble made the call.

So I'm looking for places in Downtown Denver that can be defined by a distinctive sound. Is there a familiar chime of a clocktower? Or a monorail? Or a church bell? Anything that distinquishes a location instantly?

Okay, that's definitely my last question

Last edited by Screenwriter; 03-21-2011 at 07:30 AM..

Old 03-21-2011, 07:40 PM

The D & F Clocktower would definitely work.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:41 PM

Daniels & Fisher Tower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's the exterior...

Old 03-21-2011, 08:51 PM

331 posts, read 991,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceTenmile View Post
As for DIA, it surely is a wonderful building and I would love to see it in a movie, but in order to have it, you'd have to have some really crappy plot device which causes the monster to cross 17 miles of suburban areas, which wouldn't be all that interesting. Though, movies jump from place to place all the time, so you could just skip the bit in between and it would be par for the course.
What if the monster fought the giant blue demon horse with the laser eyes?

Old 03-22-2011, 12:33 PM

143 posts, read 275,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter View Post
Apologies for the delay in replying. Didn't want anyone to think I wasn't supremely grateful for the advice. Even those who decided to trail off with their own movies (Mutant Praire Dogs!! GO WRITE IT!).

Huge thanks to those who answered already and to Jon Galt for the cool Convention centre pic. I like it. DavidV for pretty much answering every question. Much appreciated.

And to anyone else who contributed. Think I've got my answer. The packed area I was looking for will be the Art Museum. Not sure how busy it gets with tourists in reality, but in the poetic-license world of movies, it gets crowded with people in and around it every day.

The street battle will happen at the corner of Broadway and 17th. Lots of buildings exploding into matchstick fragments. Gonna look cool in CGI!

The chase sequence will start at the art Museum and continue through to Civic Center Park taking in the Capitol, Obelisk and various monuments.

If possible I may try and work in the Flea Market, the Performing Arts Center and the Convention Center somewhere along the way. Have to check it out in terms of geographical location to the other locations mentioned above.

Anyhow, thankin' you all again. Think I've got what I need. Actually I might just ask you knowledgable Denverites one more question.

Later in the Third Act I have a scene where our Hero's wife is kidnapped in a catatonic state. Our hero has the ability (just one of his powers) to reach inside people's minds. Obviously in her catatonic state she can't see anything, but she can still hear things which our hero, through a mindlink, can also hear in order to zero in on her location. Kind of like in The Fugitive where they isolate sounds in a call to hear the overhead train track so they can work out where Kimble made the call.

So I'm looking for places in Downtown Denver that can be defined by a distinctive sound. Is there a familiar chime of a clocktower? Or a monorail? Or a church bell? Anything that distinquishes a location instantly?

Okay, that's definitely my last question
The clock on the City/County building chimes every quarter hour with that: Bong bong BONG bong sound.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:19 PM

1,627 posts, read 4,227,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrotech View Post
Oooh...forgot about the blue demon horse. That HAS to make an appearance. My friends get freaked out when I drive them in from the airport, and that's BEFORE I tell them about its history!

Old 03-23-2011, 09:24 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,289,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrotech View Post
And (please please please) destroyed it?

Old 03-23-2011, 09:47 AM

1,627 posts, read 4,227,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrian View Post
And (please please please) destroyed it?
But if the horse doesn't win, how do we get a sequel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver