Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 12:24 PM

785 posts, read 1,887,706 times

Advertisements

Ah ok, well now I DO know. You said we couldn't know if you were for real or just someone having fun, and now I know you are indeed for real. I'm not so sceptical and everything you say makes sense.

Are you saying the flatirons weren't part of the original script either? If they were I'm confused as to where it could have been set other than Denver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 12:36 PM

13 posts, read 23,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceTenmile View Post
Ah ok, well now I DO know. You said we couldn't know if you were for real or just someone having fun, and now I know you are indeed for real. I'm not so sceptical and everything you say makes sense.

Are you saying the flatirons weren't part of the original script either? If they were I'm confused as to where it could have been set other than Denver.
Bit of a convoluted way to explain this, but the script has gone through many changes/revisions and page-1 rewrites. The copy I was sent didn't involve the Flatirons, but the Producer said one of the drafts did and that he'd like to keep them for the reasons explained earlier.

In all the other versions, action takes place in a non-descript town. ie.-

EXT. PARK - DAY
EXT. CITY STREET - NIGHT

No actual explanation of where exactly we are, but I like to include actual settings since it adds believability and texture.

Hence why I'm looking for details/locations on Denver. Hopefully we can move away from the actual project now since I think I'm officially out of what I can and can't divulge

So any ideas as to the original post? I don't want anyone to do the work for me (athough Mach was kind enough to provide links). I just want to get an idea of cool locations from real Denverites and do the city Justice.... before I pull it apart

Old 03-16-2011, 12:45 PM

Ok yeah I understand.

Well, City Park is the biggest park in Denver and it's fairly close to the downtown. I don't know whether you'd call sculptures 'oddities', but there's a park on the corner of Champa and Spear which has 2 large white stick figures. As for the busiest roads through downtown, based on my little knowledge I'd guess Broadway or 17th. I don't actually know much about the things you want, just skyscrapers, I was only hooked in by your title.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceTenmile View Post
Ok yeah I understand.

Well, City Park is the biggest park in Denver and it's fairly close to the downtown. I don't know whether you'd call sculptures 'oddities', but there's a park on the corner of Champa and Spear which has 2 large white stick figures. As for the busiest roads through downtown, based on my little knowledge I'd guess Broadway or 17th. I don't actually know much about the things you want, just skyscrapers, I was only hooked in by your title.
Cool. thanks, Bruce. Sculptures come under the 'oddities' banner. Definitely gonna look into those white stick figures. That's the kind of stuff that may look cool on the big screen.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:03 PM

11,853 posts, read 34,530,105 times
Red Rocks, Wash Park, do you need golf course? Arrowhead...

Old 03-16-2011, 01:14 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,827,922 times
Google images for The Denver Art Museum (Daniel Libskind) I think you will impressed. Both its location with skyline backdrop and futuristic design would certainly be an option as to what you are looking for. Check out Riverfront Park as well, the area is almost entirely comprised of modern glass/steel structures. You could frame both the skyline and the historic Union station from much of that area. http://www.riverfrontpark.com/ There are two high rises called Glasshouse in particular that might shoot especially well.

Last edited by Scott5280; 03-16-2011 at 01:23 PM..

Old 03-16-2011, 01:35 PM

Thanks, 2bin. I'll check them out. Don't need a golf course, but if it'd make a good setting for an action set-piece then I'm all for it.

Scott- WOW! Exactly what I'm after. That Museum is stunning! Rest assured that is absolutely GUARANTEED (!) to go in the script. Just..... Wow!

Old 03-16-2011, 01:50 PM

11,853 posts, read 34,530,105 times
Default Check out the photos

Map and Directions- Arrowhead Golf Club, Denver, CO

Old 03-16-2011, 11:27 PM

1,627 posts, read 4,227,110 times
I think this sounds like fun, personally. Will DIA make an appearance? On the subject of otherworldly, that is...

Meanwhile, just don't knock down the D&F tower downtown. Everything else is fair game, but that's the closest thing we have to iconic ;-)

Old 03-17-2011, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkonami View Post
I think this sounds like fun, personally. Will DIA make an appearance? On the subject of otherworldly, that is...

Meanwhile, just don't knock down the D&F tower downtown. Everything else is fair game, but that's the closest thing we have to iconic ;-)
The ESB and Statue of Liberty get the crap kicked out of them daily, I think all if fair game. As for DIA, it surely is a wonderful building and I would love to see it in a movie, but in order to have it, you'd have to have some really crappy plot device which causes the monster to cross 17 miles of suburban areas, which wouldn't be all that interesting. Though, movies jump from place to place all the time, so you could just skip the bit in between and it would be par for the course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver