Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 07:51 PM

18 posts, read 32,246 times

Advertisements

I had posted about moving to Stapleton and my husband working in Lakewood. Yeah, it is a long commute to and from.

Well now I've gotten a job in the southern part of Aurora. Originally we were looking at Golden or nearby, but I think a Golden-Aurora commute would kill me.

So where would you suggest? I've looked at Littleton- it's a little hilly and seems to have a few parks and a city-center.

The biggest thing is walkability to a dog-friendly park, but single family home, reasonable rent (under 1300), safe neighborhood (of course).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 08:33 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,217,846 times
Are schools a concern at all?

Old 03-26-2011, 11:16 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,312,881 times
Uhhh... you could start with southeast Aurora.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:51 AM

Idlewile, I'll be worried about schools in about five years (have a toddler). Now I'm interested in playgroups and park and rec accessibility. Where we live now I can walk my dogs to a park- and then let them offleash. I really like that. I also like that my neighborhood is full of retirees and there's very little street traffic.

So I'm looking for a greener, safe neighborhood that's not too trafficky and is close to a park.

Vegas- my husband has a job in Lakewood off of Colfax and I have a job in the south-er east-er part of Aurora (but still east of 225).

Old 03-27-2011, 07:59 AM

6 posts, read 7,117 times
Know a fellow in downtown Littleton not too far from the Light Rail - Loves it.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:07 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,312,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaomiNick View Post
Idlewile, I'll be worried about schools in about five years (have a toddler). Now I'm interested in playgroups and park and rec accessibility. Where we live now I can walk my dogs to a park- and then let them offleash. I really like that. I also like that my neighborhood is full of retirees and there's very little street traffic.

So I'm looking for a greener, safe neighborhood that's not too trafficky and is close to a park.

Vegas- my husband has a job in Lakewood off of Colfax and I have a job in the south-er east-er part of Aurora (but still east of 225).
Sorry, I must have skipped the part about the other job being in Lakewood. That would not be fun commuting all the way across town every day. Then again, no matter where you live one or both of you are going to have a very long commute, especially if you want to live in one of the outer suburbs.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:11 AM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
One of you needs a different job. Why on earth did you accept one so far away from the other?

I would literally meet in the middle. Something just off I-25 from maybe Broadway to Yale.

Yes it's killer, especially with young ones. I imagine anyone can try to make the best of a terrible (commute) situation.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:13 AM

3,176 posts, read 6,217,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniacaltwist View Post
Know a fellow in downtown Littleton not too far from the Light Rail - Loves it.
I've heard this too but I'm not familiar with the area.

I wonder about Quebec/Hampden area for your commutes. Easy access to 25 and Aurora... we have friends who live in a great neighborhood right there and it's within walking distance to James A Bible park which is GREAT (and big). Plus you're close to good shopping. It's a Denver address. They seem to be able to get to most places easily from that area. Also, not sure about the dog park options (that will limit you on top of your commute reqs) but definitely a great place to take kiddos and dogs (on leash).

Also, dog parks listed here: denverwags.com

Old 03-27-2011, 11:47 AM

We are relocating here for his job and I'm a very specific job market so I was super happy to get this job opportunity in a really competitive market.

Yeah, we'll have to compromise somehow- but I figure we can do anything for a year. I was also thinking the Cherry Creek area- or even central downtown Denver. But I don't know how expensive those neighborhoods are. I got lost near Bonnie Brae and University- looked GREAT but the houses looked expensive too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver