Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2008, 10:06 PM

16 posts, read 31,498 times

Advertisements

2 Questions:
1. Why do so many people move from CA to Co?
2. Why do so many people want to change CO once they get here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 10:36 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,455,391 times
1) Colorado is a nice place
2) Who do you know who wants to change Colorado?

Old 11-03-2008, 11:41 PM
tew

209 posts, read 633,600 times
It is a nice place and houses are more affordable. Lot of the cities in CO are similar to ones in CA.

Not sure what the second question means. I dont want to change CO.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:52 AM

6,804 posts, read 9,357,536 times
1. Lower cost of living and a higher quality of life, at least in my case.

2. I'm not originally from CA, so I guess I can't answer. I like CO as it is already.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:12 AM

264 posts, read 1,390,900 times
1. Lower cost of living, better life. Nicer people.
2. Why would you want to change CO? We came here FOR the (better) lifestyle! If I liked CA, I would have stayed there!

Old 11-16-2008, 03:43 PM

300 posts, read 1,258,414 times
1. Aside from the lower cost of living, more affordable single family homes, and all around better quality of life due to home affordability and less traffic- the weather is a GREAT mix of east coat/west coast. The summers are sunny and not humid (compared to east coast- NYC, Chicago), and the winters still snow and are cold- but not as cold and brutal as east coat- NYC/Chicago. To me, the weather feels exactly like southern CA weather during the late spring, summer and very early fall. The only thing that's different are the 20 min rain storms each day in the summer- but they come fast and go away even faster. The majority of the day is sunny, warm and non-humid.

2. I don't want to change CO- aside from me moving there and adding to the population, (which come would argue as change).

Old 11-17-2008, 07:46 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,851 times
Default One More Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirlup727 View Post
2 Questions:
One more question:

1. Why does this come up on a weekly, if not daily, basis????

Do you actually know anyone from CA that "changed" CO?

Old 11-17-2008, 08:28 PM

8,323 posts, read 13,453,824 times
Quote:
2 Questions:
Why do people move anywhere? Because the new location is going to have more of certain things and fewer/less of certain others (ie, more money, less traffic, more affordable housing, less crime, etc.).
A few may have to move due to job situation regardless of a change in their income. A few people I know moved to get away from certain elements in their life, some people just want a change. For me, it was a little bit of everything.

Quote:
I don't believe they are consciously or on purpose trying to make any changes, perhaps they attitudes (good or bad), manners (or lack there of), mindset are still very much like how it was wherever they used to live so they naturally stand out in their new town. Some people mention how good the things are in their new surroundings but quite often people mention or bring up things that bother them, things that are annoying, more expensive, slower (service/traffic) about their new town and when they actually start voicing their comments and opinions out loud, locals get upset, react and even assume they are trying to change something.
I see it as a natural adapt phase. Depending on the level of shock or annoyance of their new place, a person eithere gradually begins to hate and eventually move again, or gradually blends in. Some are too happy about their new home so their adapt phase, if there is any at all, is likely to be pleasant, fast and quiet. Not to forget that certain types that neither hate and leave nor fall in love with their new city and get assimilated quickly but what they do is blend is while creating something unique (good or bad). Why is there a Chinatown? Little Italy? Greek or Polish parts in certain Eastern cities?

I believe it is a natural outcome of a cultural clash/blending which can and does occur at domestic levels as well.

PS. Some people always complain, vent, always dissatisfied no matter where they live, no matter what they do, no matter what they possess.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:46 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Disclaimer: I'm a native-Californian that has lived in Colorado for 1.5 years.

Quote:
2 Questions:
-you get more for the money, housing-wise; along with not much of a salary disparity
-weather, some people like cold and snow, as opposed to sun and/or heat year-round
-less traffic (compared to CA's larger cities)

Other people may move for other social/social issue-related reasons, but I did not.

Quote:
I don't think anybody wants to change CO into CA when they get here. IMO, there are plenty of CO neighborhoods that are very CA styled in planning, and they were that way before I, and probably other Californians got here.

I am in CO because it is CO, not because I want it to be like CA. I see CO as a land of opportunity, a place where my wildest dreams have come true. In CA, I never felt achieving my goals was possible, it's extremely difficult when you have to drive to work an hour each way, bake in the hot sun all day and then return home to a place you can barely afford.

Californians come to CO to better their lives; do we need any other reasons?

Last edited by Count David; 11-17-2008 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: merged sentences
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver