Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:01 PM

13 posts, read 72,336 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about The Flats at Whisper Sky in Denver? The address is 1755 S. Beeler St. and they are at the intersection of Parker and Florida. We are from out of town and are trying to find out about this neighborhood. Is it a safe area? Do you know what neighborhood this is in? I would appreciate any help. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2007, 10:17 PM

1,048 posts, read 4,344,552 times
Are you looking for a house or is this an apartment?

I am not sure if that is it but when heading south on Parker after Florida I did see some new developments. It is a big area there. If it is close to parker, then I personally would not like it as a place to buy a house as Parker is a busy street.

I also believe there are some apartment complexes around this area. Again, if this is a house you are looking for then it may not be the best place.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:22 PM

18 posts, read 99,258 times
I live in the apartment complex right next to whisper sky and have been here a year and a half. They were really delayed in building that place. I recall seeing a sign claiming "opening summer 2006" and no ground was even broken. The buildings on the east side are complete with tenants but there is still plenty of construction on the west side. They look nice, maybe a combination of condos and apartments since I saw a price figure of "low $200,000" somewhere. If that's the case I would think, ripoff. $200,000+ to live in what looks like an apartment, no thanks.

The above poster is right about Parker road being a busy street. I live a good distance inside my complex and can hear road noise in the mornings. Don't live directly off of Parker (especially if you can see the road) unless you are use to road noise or are prepared to get used to it. Overall the neighborhood seems okay even with a few shady complexes here and there. Never had any serious problems what is normal in higher population densities.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:33 AM

3 posts, read 16,776 times
I have been looking for another place to rent for about 4 months now because I want my next move to be a long term one, and I wanted my next apartment to feel like home rather than an apartment. Whisper Sky is that place! According to the associate there, the flats were originally built for home ownership but has since been on the market for lease or rent. I tell you this with a heavy heart because my lease is up in about three months and I am hoping that there will be a flat available for me to move in. I would move in no other place but the Flats at Whisper Sky, it is the best place for the price in the area.

Good luck with your search.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:43 AM

3 posts, read 16,776 times
Coloweb and Masterallan make a good point in saying that if you are looking to purchase a home Whisper Sky is not the place for one reasons.
1. It is now a rent/lease establishment not for purchase anymore I don't think.

If you like to be where everything is in close proximity to your home that's the place. That is what I prefer (the light-rail station to downtown is close by along with shopping, restaurants, golfing etc.)

Old 01-04-2008, 02:16 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,087,030 times
I drive past Whisper Sky everyday on my way to and from work. It looks like a decent place but not yet finished, almost there. Park Road is busy during traffic hours but not every hour of the day. However, at this location, it is considered a speed zone and trap. It is unincorporated Arapahoe County and heavily patrolled. There are restaurants close by but not really within walking distance. This area and most of Aurora are not considered "walkable" as you have to drive to get to anything, it is the burbs. The light rail station is about 3 - 5 miles southeast of Florida. I live downtown and the drive takes about 25 minutes to get to Parker Road and Iliff. The neighborhood is not necessarily bad as it is in transition with new builidings going in, but crime does happen here. We have had to hire a patrol guard to walk the floors of our parking garage due to break-ins at work and co-workers have had their wallets picked and purses swiped at the T.J. Maxx at Iliff and Parker. Small stuff, but criminal. Ask more questions, maybe with more details, and we can better answer you.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:24 PM

291 posts, read 2,074,981 times
I also watched them build the development from the ground up and now see good and bad points of the area.
Pros:
-It is not Aurora, Arapahoe County services are superior.
-It is convenient to Denver jobs
-Cherry Creek Schools
-Bus service is convenient
-Their location closer to Parker rd. actually makes the complex 'safer'. Other nearby complexes get hit more often because they are in less visable areas.
-They have garages, but are there enough?

Cons:
-There are many apartments nearby, so it's a "ghetto" of transients.
-It is not close to any interstate highway.
-There is only one good "walkable" store, Albertson's, but their future is in doubt.
-Crime is higher there, but no higher than areas with a like number of apartments.
-Their 3-level design was made to make cheap condos available, it makes for close living for apartments.

If you like the area, I like The Breakers better.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:38 PM

355 posts, read 2,402,464 times
I live off Parker & Florida, right down the street from these apts. Been over a little over a month & like the area. I'm in some nice apts on the 3rd floor & unfortunately next to the bus stop but I've gotten used to the noise. Nice area--close to Cherry Creek, Stapleton, downtown---I find you can get to a lot of areas of Denver pretty quickly from here.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:39 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new-to-CO View Post
I live off Parker & Florida, right down the street from these apts. Been over a little over a month & like the area. I'm in some nice apts on the 3rd floor & unfortunately next to the bus stop but I've gotten used to the noise. Nice area--close to Cherry Creek, Stapleton, downtown---I find you can get to a lot of areas of Denver pretty quickly from here.
I wouldn't consider this a "bad" area. Fairly suburban, and not really a bad drive to Cherry Creek shopping.

But I'd never live anywhere with "at" in its name. I think developers get drunk and pull names out of a hat. That's how they come up with these silly names, like "The Reserve at Possum Run" or "Prarie Estates at Mountain Vista Creek". Hmmm... what if Stapleton had been redeveloped in a suburban style? What would the name be??? Maybe, "The Runways at Aeroview Prarie" or "The Concourse at United Mountain View Estates".

Old 01-14-2008, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 6,630 times
The Flat's at Whisper Sky actually is a really good neighborhood. Just down the hill (on Florida) is a great residential neighbor hood of lawyers and doctors of several sorts. Down another block is a great neighbor that is mainly of Romanian and Russian immigrants whom are very very nice and friendly. The Flats at Whisper Sky is really a great come up for people whom are moving from out of state. These were orginally suppose to be condo's from the $280K to $350K. Due to the market the investors and builders decided to have them rezoned as luxury rentals. Now when you here luxury rentals at other places you are very very disappointed, but not here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver