Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 09:04 AM

4 posts, read 4,827 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any information on this place? What is the neighborhood like? What is near by? What is the drive time to Buckley. Thanks for any information you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 12:45 PM

6,813 posts, read 9,357,536 times
I live near it. It looks like a nice complex. I've heard that it was originally supposed to be condos for sale and not rentals, but the developer turned it into rentals. The only downside I can see to it is that it's not a very walkable area. That part of Parker Rd is busy and doesn't have sidewalks and I think the only thing you could really walk to would be the liquor store at the corner of Florida and Parker Rd. You should still check it out.

Also, Lugano at Cherry Creek is near there (at Iliff and Parker Rd) and it's brand new as of last year and looks nice. Also, there are more things nearby, like fast food, bars, etc., that you could walk to if you wanted, though Parker Rd and Iliff are sort of busy. The commute to Buckley from either place shouldn't be that bad.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:07 PM

4 posts, read 4,827 times
thanks! I will check it out when I get there.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:10 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Two great bars at that intersection. Caldonia's and The Piper Inn.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:27 PM

30 posts, read 44,401 times
I live at The Flats @ Whisper Sky and it's not a bad complex to live in. The grounds are well-kept and my neighbors are all very nice, friendly people. They just changed property mgmt companies so it remains to be see if they plan to do anything different than the previous one.

As for the area, you can walk to Costco (Havana & Florida) & Safeway (Havana and Mexico) for shopping as well as Target which is right across from Costco.

And as others have said, there are two good bars nearby near Illiff and Parker Road (well I've only been to Caldonia's because the pletheroa of bikes in front of Piper's always scared me)

Old 05-17-2011, 02:23 AM

1,331 posts, read 5,083,746 times
MustangSailor.
I have recently been looking for townhomes for my son in the areas you would be interested in. He is in Hawaii and, being relocated to Buckley in July. He is a CTT in the Navy. You could PM me and I could give you a list of a few places.
West of where you are looking (Hampden and almost I25) there is a real awesome place called The District! Google it and see what you think. It is 12 miles to Buckley. Good Luck!

Old 06-27-2011, 06:09 AM

30 posts, read 44,401 times
Just throwing this up in case anyone comes along looking for more current info on the Flats...

---

From someone who currently lives at The Flats At Whisper Sky, I wouldn't bother renting there. It's under new management and they are raising the rent from what I originally paid last August yet they haven't really stated what they are giving back to the complex with the extra funds.

Not to mention the people that work in the leasing office are slightly incompetent when it comes to answering simple questions about community events and fulfilling service requests.

Finally, if you are at all interested in spending time at the pool during the hot summer months (especially when the temps get into the 90s like this past weekend), you better be prepared to a) get down there at like 9am to get a lounge chair and b) contend with idiots who bring 20 people with them when the rules clearly state 2 guests per resident.

Just my two cents...

Old 10-19-2011, 12:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,683 times
Default Whisper Sky Luxury Apartment Homes

As the Community Manager of Whisper Sky Luxury Apartment Homes, I would like to take a moment to provide feedback regarding this community formerly known as The Flats at Whisper Sky.

I have been managing Whisper Sky since the take over April 26th, 2011. In my 13 years in the industry, I have never seen a property as beautiful as this one!

The landscaping is expansive, offering a hidden oasis from the hustle and bustle of Metro Denver.
The location is practical, providing ease of access to Downtown, DTC, Stapleton, the Airport, Cherry Creek, Parker, Lowry, and many other Greater Denver neighborhoods.

As this community was originally built to be condos, the interior finishes are exquisite! Some layouts, including our most desired, 2x2+den feature finishes that resemble that of a custom home! All homes come with a private parking garage! Some homes include an attached 2 car garage!

The clubhouse, fitness center, fire pit, and pool area are well designed to be enjoyed by all! We strive to insure everyone's can comfortably experience all of the community amenities.

Since our take over of the community, we created 2x as many visitor parking spaces after being approached by many residents requesting this accommodation, repaved the parking lot, further improved the landscaping, moved the coffee bar to be accessible 24 hours, added building signage that allows guests to find buildings and apartment homes more easily, and in addition brought in our top notch customer service.

I welcome anyone to inquire more about concerns or offer suggestions for improvement. It is my pleasure and honor to oversee the operations of such a gorgeous community filled with amazing people!

Sincerely,
Melissa Niswonger
Community Manager
303-222-1380

Old 10-19-2011, 01:13 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,281,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whispersky View Post
As the Community Manager of Whisper Sky Luxury Apartment Homes, I would like to take a moment to provide feedback regarding this community formerly known as The Flats at Whisper Sky.

I have been managing Whisper Sky since the take over April 26th, 2011. In my 13 years in the industry, I have never seen a property as beautiful as this one!

The landscaping is expansive, offering a hidden oasis from the hustle and bustle of Metro Denver.
The location is practical, providing ease of access to Downtown, DTC, Stapleton, the Airport, Cherry Creek, Parker, Lowry, and many other Greater Denver neighborhoods.

As this community was originally built to be condos, the interior finishes are exquisite! Some layouts, including our most desired, 2x2+den feature finishes that resemble that of a custom home! All homes come with a private parking garage! Some homes include an attached 2 car garage!

The clubhouse, fitness center, fire pit, and pool area are well designed to be enjoyed by all! We strive to insure everyone's can comfortably experience all of the community amenities.

Since our take over of the community, we created 2x as many visitor parking spaces after being approached by many residents requesting this accommodation, repaved the parking lot, further improved the landscaping, moved the coffee bar to be accessible 24 hours, added building signage that allows guests to find buildings and apartment homes more easily, and in addition brought in our top notch customer service.

I welcome anyone to inquire more about concerns or offer suggestions for improvement. It is my pleasure and honor to oversee the operations of such a gorgeous community filled with amazing people!

Sincerely,
Melissa Niswonger
Community Manager
303-222-1380
Nice post. Ignored virtually every concern in the previous 17 posts, but nice anyway.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:57 AM

2 posts, read 1,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrian View Post
Nice post. Ignored virtually every concern in the previous 17 posts, but nice anyway.
Thank you for the feedback. My purpose for posting was to highlight the great things about Whisper Sky. It is unfortunate that so often it is the negative comments/concerns that end up posted. I assure anyone reading this that there are a lot of very happy people who call Whisper Sky home and will for many years to come. And again, should anyone living here or looking to live here what to discuss any comments/concerns further, my door is always open!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver