Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2012, 07:53 PM

56 posts, read 84,851 times

Advertisements

I would love some advice please! My hubby works in Aurora off of Alameda and Chambers (near the mall). Great job, not our fav neighborhood haha. I stay at home.

We currently live in Commerce City - the Reunion development. Love our house and neighbors but the schools leave much to be desired. We have a 3 year old and another on the way and I'm starting to really worry about schools. We'd actually love to send our kids to private schools - Catholic, or Christian - but any private school is at least 30 minutes from here - which would be an incredible amount of driving.

We're thinking about moving. We bought here back when I was working in Brighton (and before kids) so it was a good fit for us then. Hubby's drive is about 30 minutes - closer to 40 in bad traffic. He doesn't mind much as he takes "back roads" - Tower & Pena. However, we're now thinking if we move we could be 1) closer to his job and 2) in a better school district and/or closer to private schools.

So, any advice on areas we should look into? Our house budget would be modest - $300,000. We've always been "suburb people" (and probably can't afford Denver proper anyway). I'm just not sure exactly where to look. Interested in the parts of Centennial near St. Thomas More school, but I don't know how the commute would be for my husband. Like that that area is also in CCSD and seems family-friendly with lots of kids. Anyone know anything else about it (Walnut Hills, Fox Ridge, etc.)?

I also really love what I've heard about Denver Christian Schools (campuses near DU, and in Highlands Ranch), but have no idea where we'd live to make that work?

I know there are lots of new developments in SE Aurora too, any recommendations there?

Sorry to be all over the place, but any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 08:38 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,314,867 times
Southeast Aurora, within the Cherry Creek School District, is exactly what you are looking for. Zip codes 80015 and 80016.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:09 PM

27 posts, read 51,454 times
Default You can also check...

We live in south-central Aurora. Zip 80013. It is the north most part of Cherry Creek School District, pretty close to your hubby's work (6 miles).

We love it, and you'll have change from the 300k you can spend.

Great area.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:48 PM

56 posts, read 84,851 times
Thanks so much for the quick reply! I'm off to check these zips out right now! Thank you!!

Old 11-16-2012, 05:04 AM

57 posts, read 125,097 times
Stapleton has some of best schools in denver.. it is further north.. and would be harder on your budget but awesome kid friendly area.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-25-2012, 08:59 PM

4 posts, read 12,662 times
If I were you I'd look at the Murphy Creek / NE area. It's relatively central to both areas you work and a good place to live. If you like Reunion I'm sure you'd like it. The south side of town has the advantage of Cherry Creek schools but I commute from the 6th/Peoria area to the Southlands area and it's a 30 minute commute so not ideal if you want to shorten your commuting time. I can get to the Murphy Creek area in 15 minutes though and I'm sure it would be a similar commute for your hubby too. St. Pius is a good Catholic school near Fitzsimmons.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:43 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,444,869 times
There are about 37 homes in your price range in the Cherry Creek School District. I googled "christian schools in aurora" and found several.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:17 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongbone View Post
We live in south-central Aurora. Zip 80013. It is the north most part of Cherry Creek School District, pretty close to your hubby's work (6 miles).

We love it, and you'll have change from the 300k you can spend.

Great area.
Agreed. That's where I am and I love it too!

Old 11-26-2012, 05:27 PM

31 posts, read 48,434 times
The Foxridge neighborhood is not exclusively CCSD...some of it west of Monaco is in Littleton Schools.
I lived east of there many years in CCSD. I did not end as a raving fan as a parent. Test wise they do very well.
I have a couple of clients who worked at Buckley AFB and found the commute from PARKER was only 20-30 minutes?
You have a lot of options
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver