Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 05:12 PM

229 posts, read 423,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBrit54 View Post
GRRR! Commons Park West LOOKS awesome! 1-2 bedrooms, in our price range, 5 minute drive/20 minute walk to his work, great amenities & views! BUT....

Co_guy_94 is right.. this place has horrible reviews! Commons Park West Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Denver apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

We were so close!
Keep in mind though that those reviews are always a bit biased in that usually only people with bad experiences end up posting about it...the good ones never get posted. I'm not saying the place is great or total hell, but I've had a few friends live there who said it was so-so for a year, but they wouldn't live there again if given the choice.

Your best bet is finding a private rental residence in the highlands(or where ever else you're looking) with a unit and location you like. Although as many people have posted here, the rental market is tight right now but doesn't mean you won't find something you just have to keep it at. I've had 2 sets of friends move here in the past month and they both found something fairly quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 06:23 PM

1,912 posts, read 4,690,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matkaemm View Post
I wanted to mention a few things for you in regard to living Buerger Brothers, Chambers, or Boston&Bank lofts:
I lived in Boston/Bank lofts about 4 years ago now, for 1 year, (Originally from STL too), with 1 dog and 1 car.
The parking issue: Shouldn't be a great issue with 1 car, do not bring 3 not needed in Denver compared to Stl, but you can expect to pay about 300 per mo for the garage connected to B&B lofts, and I would assume similar for other garages in the CBD.
Weird coincidence: I lived in one of the buildings mentioned above, and lived in STL.

Just wanted to mention that parking isn't typically $300/mo. I parked in a secure garage around the corner from my apartment, they just raised the rate to $185/mo. Still expensive IMO, but not as outrageous as quoted.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:52 PM

48 posts, read 102,034 times
Quote:
GRRR! Commons Park West LOOKS awesome! 1-2 bedrooms, in our price range, 5 minute drive/20 minute walk to his work, great amenities & views! BUT....

Co_guy_94 is right.. this place has horrible reviews! Commons Park West Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Denver apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

We were so close!
I have never lived at this place either, sorry to lead you down that road...I just know that is the only complex in that area.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:19 PM

31 posts, read 56,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matkaemm View Post
I have never lived at this place either, sorry to lead you down that road...I just know that is the only complex in that area.
No worries at all! I love that area and like Co_guy_94 said (which I tend to agree) negative reviews are written more than positive!

I did, however, find a great website tonight and would like input from anyone that knows anything about the Boutique Apartments!? They are nearly all located in the suggested places that fit my preferences! They do seem small (hence the "boutique"??)

Let me know!

Old 04-14-2013, 11:51 AM

371 posts, read 494,361 times
One piece of advice: AVOID BAKER TOWER! I lived there for a year Aug 2011- Aug 2012.

I did love the location...you're minutes from downtown, there's tons of good restaurants and bars within walking distance, and it still has useful stuff day-to-day-things you need nearby (Albertsons, Safeway, K-Mart). And the balconies were nice and had some really nice views. But the rest of it was horrible.

When they turned on the boiler after labor day, the heat wouldn't turn off. After the first repair, it wouldn't turn on. Then, after 3 more repairs, it managed to get to "kind-of-sort-of-barely-lukewarm-when-running-full-blast." Meanwhile, utilities ran over $100 bucks a month on the fair share plan. Probably so they could keep the community room in the basement at (literally) 90 degrees all winter.

The kitchen was so tiny that it wasn't even functional. No dishwasher, and if you have a microwave, that will take up the ENTIRETY of your counter space. They did improve this somewhat in the remodeled units, but those will be nearly $900.00 a month for 470 square feet. Oh, and every time they remodel a unit, which they're constantly in the process of doing because of high turnover, the water gets turned off to the entire complex for 6-8 hours at a time.

The venting systems there are interconnected. I had a REALLY heavy pot smoker living below me. I could care less what people do in their own homes, but I still had to put up vent covers to keep the skunk smell out of my apartment. Also, some unknown idiots decided to dump a ton of something -- Diet Coke? Syrup? I have no idea? -- from their balcony down to the area where my car was parked. I had to spend $150.00 on detailing the car so that it wouldn't eat through the paint and also new wiper blades because mine got ruined. 4 other cars got hit pretty hard by this too.

Oh, and the leasing agent is possibly the most spacey and depressed man I've ever met in my life. He called me 1 week AFTER I turned in the keys and everything to him, and asked me if I was still living there. It was...frustrating.

In conclusion -- Neighborhood? Pretty cool. Complex? Run screaming.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmet View Post
In conclusion -- Neighborhood? Pretty cool. Complex? Run screaming.
Good to know! Thank you for helping with my search! The more insight the better!!

Old 04-14-2013, 01:49 PM

Default Dogs - Altitude - Denver - Effect???

It's me again.. I don't know if I am allowed to ask a "new" question on this "old" thread, but I figured I would ask since everyone on this thread has been so helpful!

Will relocating from a Lake town at 660 ft elevation to a Mountainous Metropolis at 5,690 ft elevation have an effect on my Cairn Terriers?

I tried researching this answer on the Denver forum already, but one lady's question was in regard to short snout dogs (which mine aren't) and the other was about a bigger dog (47 lbs) and mine are only 12 lbs... So I didn't think the answers quite fit my breed - and they were from 2007!

Thanks!

Old 04-14-2013, 02:00 PM

17,712 posts, read 29,844,231 times
Default Well, atmospheric pressure

Quote:
Will relocating from a Lake town at 660 ft elevation to a Mountainous Metropolis at 5,690 ft elevation have an effect on my Cairn Terriers?...and they were from 2007!
I am sure that average atmospheric pressure has changed since 2007.
Global climate change and all that.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I am sure that average atmospheric pressure has changed since 2007.
Global climate change and all that.
So do you think they will adapt naturally and be fine?

Old 04-14-2013, 03:19 PM

3,127 posts, read 5,058,899 times
I would consider adding some water to their food or feeding them canned until they adjust. They won't be used to drinking enough. When we camp at higher altitudes we always make sure our dogs get raw or canned with water added. They still drink a ton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver