Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 07:09 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,406,153 times

Advertisements

Noahma,

What do you think of Blue Vista, in Longmont. It is right across the street from the new park, recreation center and museum. My Blue Vista The prices would be right where you want them. I noticed in the real estate pages on The Post that they are including a no cost basement completion; this is not mentioned on their website. Is it possible that you can qualify for a land trust home from here, underwriten by the Thistle Trust??

What do mean design, are you an architect, interior designer ???

livecontent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 07:26 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,419,495 times
I am an unregistered Architect. I design custom homes

Thanks for the looksy, im going to check it out right now. and see what my wife thinks.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:52 PM

I have more information regarding Belle Creek. We just got done talkig with our sales person. Good news first, we are no longer in contract, and have got our money back. Bad news next, they are no longer going to be building in Belle Creek as of our sales persons knowlege. It was not New Town Builders (the builder) decision, but rather the company that holds Belle Creek (Belle Creek llc.) They had decided to let New Town Builders go. Another builder might go in and finish things off, or they might let it sit for a bit, or even invite New Town Builders back to work in there. Our sales rep seemed to be dissapointed with whats happening in Belle Creek since she has worked that sub-division from the start.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:10 PM

2 posts, read 6,021 times
Angry Belle Creek/New Town Builders

Yeah, Belle Creek is a big mess. Been a resident here for four years this past October and have seen our dream turn into a HUGE nightmare! Inverness Properties has all of the outstanding lots for sale to other builders right now, and all of the commercial area. They have taken down all of the signage and have closed the sales office and disconnected the website and telephone numbers. The other investors have taken the outstanding inventory homes back and have them up for sale through a realtor. Some are not completely finished. New Town also started cutting corners and scaled down on things on the inside and out of the house...such as wood vs concrete stairs, baseboards and landscaping. They also have not cleaned up any of the vacant fields for months. Trash is everywhere and morale between neighbors is at an all time low. We would love to sell, but the value of our house is about 30% less than when we bought it. Also, there is supposed to be a reservoir behind our house, and according to an email from LaFarge today, that will probably not be finished for at least three more years...so three more years of frigging dust storms when the wind blows! The back side of my green house has a tinge of dirt to it at all times...your window wells will be full of dirt at all times also...

Old 11-28-2007, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telkbear View Post
Yeah, Belle Creek is a big mess. Been a resident here for four years this past October and have seen our dream turn into a HUGE nightmare! Inverness Properties has all of the outstanding lots for sale to other builders right now, and all of the commercial area. They have taken down all of the signage and have closed the sales office and disconnected the website and telephone numbers. The other investors have taken the outstanding inventory homes back and have them up for sale through a realtor. Some are not completely finished. New Town also started cutting corners and scaled down on things on the inside and out of the house...such as wood vs concrete stairs, baseboards and landscaping. They also have not cleaned up any of the vacant fields for months. Trash is everywhere and morale between neighbors is at an all time low. We would love to sell, but the value of our house is about 30% less than when we bought it. Also, there is supposed to be a reservoir behind our house, and according to an email from LaFarge today, that will probably not be finished for at least three more years...so three more years of frigging dust storms when the wind blows! The back side of my green house has a tinge of dirt to it at all times...your window wells will be full of dirt at all times also...
wow. The one and only green house out by the car wash was going to be ours. They have it finished now. We did get out of the contract, and should be reciving our check by dec.

We might be taking our current home off the market. Home prices sank way below what we can sell ours for. Might be 2009 before we put it back up. Im kind of dissapointed at the moment. We did however decide to make the situation better by doing a few upgrades on the hosue were in. And im finaly going to use the 5.1 surround prewire that the last owner had built in hehe.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:03 PM

698 posts, read 2,047,703 times
Default Foreclosures in Belle Creek

I'm so sorry about your bad experience in Belle Creek, that sucks! I read that 44% of the homes in Belle Creek are in foreclosure, does that seem accurate? That seems really really high to me.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:54 PM

2 posts, read 6,021 times
Default Belle Creek

No, I think it is much lower here, but to the North of us in the DR Horton Dunes subdivision, according to the Denver Post, they are over 50%. Every other house over there has a for sale sign. We only have 8 for sale signs right now, and that includes demo homes that were just put on the market. There are foreclosures here and it is sad...hopefully things will start to change in the next year.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:47 PM

We are starting to see in our office a more willing approach with our builders to do "extra" stuff in the houses. As you know, I design Custom homes. When our builders that build 1 mil. + homes start letting little extras be added to houses, it means there confidence in the market is starting to come back. Lets all hope they are right.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:14 AM

6 posts, read 20,676 times
Default Belle Creek Incomplete

Your best bet is to buy an existing home in today's market. An existing home will expose you to complete communities, knowing what type of people live in neighborhood (pride of ownership), and established schools. A schools performance record will bode heavily on the value of a home. This is all stuff I have learned from expierence.

Belle Creek, although the houses are adorable, seems to have pulled out and failed the community. It is most unlikely that they will complete the project and another builder will come in with a totally different style of home .. making the once quaint front porch community look hodge podge.

We will be re-locating to Colo from AZ and had considered Belle Creek community for its uniquness. The community I live in presently in Arizona was built by a builder who had built other communities here in the valley and didn't complete a couple of them. Fortunately, our community was complete. The communities that were not complete, still sit w/vacant lots 2 years later. With the market being so down, builders are not wanting to take on another builders incomplete project - they have their own projects in progress that they are struggling to sell. House values are down all together, but the incomplete comunities where the builder pulled out are hurting even more! Who wants to buy a house with all the vacant lots around .. .invites trouble and blight.

As we are trying to sell our home in this terrible market, we have learned a lot! We bought/built a nice home in an "upcoming area" a a low price. We ignored the schools scores, because we were reassured that once the area took off (which was to be 3 years ago), the tax revenue would improve the schools. Well, here we are ... the schools suck and no other communities developed by us. Now, I must say we have beautiful views of the mountains and I love the scenic location, but that isn't doing anything right now for the value .... everyone looks at the house and loves it but says the schools are not good enough ... if they could "just pick up our home and put it in a different school district".

So, moral of my long winded respone is ...do ALL of your homework before buying. If this is just a stepping stone to get to the next home ... be very careful of what you buy because you may be in it longer than you had hoped. The house may be great, but what is the neighborhood, taxes, and school district like? Check out the schools for the neighborhoods on Greatschools.com. Awsome site!

Happy New Years! Best of luck in 2008!

Old 01-03-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlettmose View Post
Your best bet is to buy an existing home in today's market. An existing home will expose you to complete communities, knowing what type of people live in neighborhood (pride of ownership), and established schools. A schools performance record will bode heavily on the value of a home. This is all stuff I have learned from expierence.

Belle Creek, although the houses are adorable, seems to have pulled out and failed the community. It is most unlikely that they will complete the project and another builder will come in with a totally different style of home .. making the once quaint front porch community look hodge podge.

We will be re-locating to Colo from AZ and had considered Belle Creek community for its uniquness. The community I live in presently in Arizona was built by a builder who had built other communities here in the valley and didn't complete a couple of them. Fortunately, our community was complete. The communities that were not complete, still sit w/vacant lots 2 years later. With the market being so down, builders are not wanting to take on another builders incomplete project - they have their own projects in progress that they are struggling to sell. House values are down all together, but the incomplete comunities where the builder pulled out are hurting even more! Who wants to buy a house with all the vacant lots around .. .invites trouble and blight.

As we are trying to sell our home in this terrible market, we have learned a lot! We bought/built a nice home in an "upcoming area" a a low price. We ignored the schools scores, because we were reassured that once the area took off (which was to be 3 years ago), the tax revenue would improve the schools. Well, here we are ... the schools suck and no other communities developed by us. Now, I must say we have beautiful views of the mountains and I love the scenic location, but that isn't doing anything right now for the value .... everyone looks at the house and loves it but says the schools are not good enough ... if they could "just pick up our home and put it in a different school district".

So, moral of my long winded respone is ...do ALL of your homework before buying. If this is just a stepping stone to get to the next home ... be very careful of what you buy because you may be in it longer than you had hoped. The house may be great, but what is the neighborhood, taxes, and school district like? Check out the schools for the neighborhoods on Greatschools.com. Awsome site!

Happy New Years! Best of luck in 2008!
the builder did not pull out on their own, the company that runs the sub-division asked them to leave since they were having low sales numbers. The company Belle Creek LLC. is the governing body in the sub-division and will require any new builder to have home designs that match the surrounding comunity. I could tell from talking to people working for New Town Builders that they were a bit upset at having to leave that community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: