Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 08:05 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,235,056 times

Advertisements

Where is Belle Creek? Sorry to hear the situation is so bad there. New Town builds here at Stapleton and just completed new models, so they must not be doing too bad here. I love their houses, but they do have a reputation for poor customer service once you move in.

My part of Stapleton is complete, but I'd say things have slowed down. North of Central Park is where the current big push of building is going on, but I'm not too worried about this development. Prices are still holding here as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 01:13 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,419,495 times
Belle Creek is off of 104th and hiway 85 in Henderson Colorado

Old 01-04-2008, 01:42 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,235,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
Belle Creek is off of 104th and hiway 85 in Henderson Colorado
Thanks. Never heard of the place, or Henderson, until now. From what I've heard in the news, the more out on the edge of the metro area a new housing development is, the more likely to experience these problems with the down housing market. Of course the builders themselves are probably to blame as well, sucking in people who couldn't really afford their houses with shady financing/ARMs. I could see this coming 4 years ago, based on people buying condos in my complex in California who obviously couldn't afford a fixed rate/money down mortgage paying sky high prices. Now prices in that complex have dropped about 25%.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:05 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,483,838 times
I have heard of similar situations with other developments well outside of the city core (in particular to the southeast).

In the end Denvarian this has to affect those of us in Stapleton eventually. We moved into the southwest corner of Stapleton (John Laing) in October. My block is still only about 40% complete, and JL is not building until they have a deposit for the remaining lots. One block up there are at least half a dozen vacant McStains which have been that way for months.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,371 times
I am really sorry to hear what is happening in Belle Creek. I really like that neighborhood. The one fault I would find with it, is that there was only one builder, rather than multiple builders. Unfortunately, Belle Creek is not alone, there are a number of developments that are unfinished and struggling with sales. I know that New Town has pulled out of a couple other developments as well, but this is hardly unique to New Town.

My personal opinion, is there will be another builder or two that will pick up the lots and finish out the subdivision. If the design guidelines are strong, and the developer believes in the overall vision, then the new builders will build to complement the existing development. Of course, I have seen it go the other way too, which I think is always a tragedy. I would not look for new builders this year, as most people in the industry don't expect the market to start rebounding until later this year, with 2009 being on the upswing.

If I was building in the Denver market, I would to build in Belle Creek, but alas that is not the case.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:49 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,419,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyssop View Post
I am really sorry to hear what is happening in Belle Creek. I really like that neighborhood. The one fault I would find with it, is that there was only one builder, rather than multiple builders. Unfortunately, Belle Creek is not alone, there are a number of developments that are unfinished and struggling with sales. I know that New Town has pulled out of a couple other developments as well, but this is hardly unique to New Town.

My personal opinion, is there will be another builder or two that will pick up the lots and finish out the subdivision. If the design guidelines are strong, and the developer believes in the overall vision, then the new builders will build to complement the existing development. Of course, I have seen it go the other way too, which I think is always a tragedy. I would not look for new builders this year, as most people in the industry don't expect the market to start rebounding until later this year, with 2009 being on the upswing.

If I was building in the Denver market, I would to build in Belle Creek, but alas that is not the case.
If you are looking to build, please by all means do it. Prices are very good at the moment. Belle creek itself is not doing great as far as values. The home we were having built out there is still on the market, and listed at 187,000 which is down from the contract price of 207,000.

I design homes here in Colorado. The custom stuff is chugging along, but the small spec builders are getting hit hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: