Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2007, 06:42 PM

237 posts, read 1,081,181 times

Advertisements

First of all, I'd like to say thank-you for everyone's help, the Denver Board has been a wonderful resource for me & I appreciate the guidance. I feel 100% more prepared for my move this week.

Could anyone give me suggestions for furniture stores in Denver? I'll be living in Arvada, but I don't mind traveling downtown or to any of the surrounding cities.

I'm looking for a furniture store that generally offers pieces between $600-$1000. I'll be in need of a sofa, bed, & coffee table (the basics for right now!). Also, I would need a store that offers delivery service.

I'd appreciate any advice. Look forward to hearing from y'all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 07:06 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,398,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averie-Jay View Post
First of all, I'd like to say thank-you for everyone's help, the Denver Board has been a wonderful resource for me & I appreciate the guidance. I feel 100% more prepared for my move this week.

Could anyone give me suggestions for furniture stores in Denver? I'll be living in Arvada, but I don't mind traveling downtown or to any of the surrounding cities.

I'm looking for a furniture store that generally offers pieces between $600-$1000. I'll be in need of a sofa, bed, & coffee table (the basics for right now!). Also, I would need a store that offers delivery service.

I'd appreciate any advice. Look forward to hearing from y'all.
The Largest Store for Furniture in Colorado and the West is American Furniture Warehouse. American Furniture Warehouse. The main largest store used to be Thornton near 84th. ave. It is still open and serves the west side. They have opened a grander and larger headquarters store in the North, near Firestone. They have multiple locations. From Arvada, the nearest location is north on Wadsworth, at about 94th ave., in Westminster.
There are also more furniture stores in that location.

Denver has what we call a furniture row, with many warehouses and furniture stores. It is on North Broadway, from about West 70th to West 48 ave.. That is close to Arvada. You can get to it by going on I-36 and getting off on Broadway South. Or go on I-70 and and get off on Pecos North, east on West 48, North on Broadway, The stores are all on the West Side of Broadway.

These stores have prices in your range. I have shopped at American Furniture Warehouse and I was very satistied with their service.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 11-04-2007 at 07:53 PM..

Old 11-04-2007, 08:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Most all furniture stores will deliver. Good luck with the move!

Old 11-05-2007, 06:36 AM

237 posts, read 1,081,181 times
Thank you, livecontent & pittnurse!

I was reading an earlier post that said wood dries out quickly in Denver because of the dry air. Is this true? Do you combat this with regular furniture polish (and if so, how often should I polish my wood)?

Old 11-05-2007, 09:07 AM

30 posts, read 106,379 times
Check out furniturerow.com. They have Sofa Mart, Bedroom Expressions, Denver Mattress and Oak Express. Many locations in the Denver Metro and the website will give you directions. I'm sure the folks at Oak Express could answer your wood question as well. (they carry many different kinds of wood...not just Oak)

Old 11-06-2007, 03:31 PM

456 posts, read 1,576,547 times
I'd check on Craigslist frequently when you arrive. I got pretty lucky on there myself!

Old 11-09-2007, 06:34 AM

8 posts, read 40,154 times
Furniture stores will deliver, but you'll pay a nice price for thet delivery. It cost me 100.00 to get a tv cabinet delivered (6 mile delivery).

Old 11-09-2007, 10:50 AM

260 posts, read 1,438,381 times
Quote:
Check out furniturerow.com. They have Sofa Mart, Bedroom Expressions, Denver Mattress and Oak Express
Personally, I have bought from these places -- but overall quality is questionable, esp. on the Beds, IMHO.

I think for most people, American Furniture offers the best compromise between quality and price. Its not expensive, high-end by any means ... but a lot of the stuff is fine and at a price where you can change it in 10 years and not go broke. I know I'll get flack for supporting them -- but the corny Jake Jabbs commercials with tigers has been a cornerstone around here since I arrived in 1976. So I kind of like that place and the salespersons are low key and non-pressuring. I've seen Jake in the store several times ... and he's really a driven guy.

I've never liked the Oak Express stuff, personally. No Character, all looks the same, weight a million lbs per piece.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:36 AM

26,209 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Agree about AFW, the only place we go these days. We did the whole house when we came here. I've a long DM I send to anyone who asks for it, keeps me from violating TOS on advertising, and no, I'm hooked up with AFW in any way.

Regarding those folks who are relocating and aren't sure what to do about their furniture, here are good threads:
- http://www.city-data.com/forum/gener...furniture.html (see post #4)
- http://www.city-data.com/forum/house...furniture.html (see post #8)
- http://www.city-data.com/forum/house...some-tips.html

s/Mike

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-09-2007 at 11:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver