Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 02:27 PM

897 posts, read 1,253,338 times
Oops but I do agree that something novel such as legal weed can attract people from all walks of life... have to accept the good and the bad I suppose
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 08:55 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor_Nado View Post
Where can I buy marijuana in Denver on the cheap?
Google "Denver Cheap Weed".

Old 08-08-2014, 09:53 AM

459 posts, read 807,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor_Nado View Post
Where can I buy marijuana in Denver on the cheap?
They post this weekly on r/coents Denver recreational marijuana deals

You can get cheaper with a red card or breaking state laws. But you seem to be out of state so you are ineligible for a red card, and I do not like to advocate breaking state laws when we have a regulated system in place.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:38 AM

215 posts, read 771,754 times
Well, I'm glad it's not the explosion of homeless pot heads the newpapers made it out to seem.

Old 08-10-2014, 12:10 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,706,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Anybody who moves to the state of Colorado just to buy weed is a moron and deserves to be homeless. Get a life
Honestly, I agree. What in the world

Old 09-26-2014, 07:40 AM

215 posts, read 771,754 times
Looks like they're reporting it again...

Pot Draws Homeless To Colorado In Search Of Work « CBS Denver

Old 10-07-2014, 02:14 AM

166 posts, read 321,978 times
Ok....It's not weed. PERIOD. I have lived in NYC, Tampa, Gatlinburg TN and have spent considerable time in Dallas, DC, Buffalo, Richmond Va and Miami. Weed is everywhere and accessible to everyone. The homeless guy in Tampa or NY isnt worried about getting busted over a dime bag....geeeez.

What is the root cause? Every city has drug problems. Most seem to be heroin and prescription drugs.

From what I understand. The city didnt have the housing meltdown of the likes of Florida, Cali or Nevada. In Tampa, major call centers closed or downsized from 2006-2008....Leaving tens of thousands unemployed. Citi, Chase, Aetna, Amex and many others.

Im thinking, If I am homeless...the last place I would want to be is Denver?

So, what is it??

Old 10-07-2014, 06:49 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,748,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyjames14 View Post
Ok....It's not weed. PERIOD. I have lived in NYC, Tampa, Gatlinburg TN and have spent considerable time in Dallas, DC, Buffalo, Richmond Va and Miami. Weed is everywhere and accessible to everyone. The homeless guy in Tampa or NY isnt worried about getting busted over a dime bag....geeeez.

What is the root cause? Every city has drug problems. Most seem to be heroin and prescription drugs.

From what I understand. The city didnt have the housing meltdown of the likes of Florida, Cali or Nevada. In Tampa, major call centers closed or downsized from 2006-2008....Leaving tens of thousands unemployed. Citi, Chase, Aetna, Amex and many others.

Im thinking, If I am homeless...the last place I would want to be is Denver?

So, what is it??
I will agree it is not drugs, but Denver did not just have 1 meltdown, the tech bust happened in Denver to a lesser extent than other places but plenty of businesses collapsed, then the worldcom and Qwest collapse hit Denver really hard, so by the time lenders stopped doing loans the Denver metro area was already hanging by a thread. While the metro area itself never got to the 10% reported unemployment, it stayed at 9% or higher for over a year. Which that does not even include the underemployed or those who quit looking for work, which was considerably higher. Just over the last year the whole front range has gotten back on track.

The real issue as I have posted on here many times is the lack of affordable housing, Denver's average rent is much higher than the average household should realistically be spending. While people making the average income can make it work those people making on the lower end are being priced out of the market. When there are still plenty of jobs paying $9-10 an hour, it is not hard to see how someone can end up homeless when they are paying $700 a month rent for even a low end place.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:56 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
I thought the homeless drug problem was more related to crack, meth and heroin. Or more that those drugs tend to drive someone down a path to homelessness. People who smoke weed are usually capable of holding down a job and functioning in life.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:22 AM

549 posts, read 722,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyjames14 View Post

Im thinking, If I am homeless...the last place I would want to be is Denver.
I'm with you there. Hawaii or somewhere warm would have to be at the top of my list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: