Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2015, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,383 times

Advertisements

Hi! My husband and I are planning a move to Colorado and we're really interested in the Stapleton or Bradburn Village area!

So far, my husband and I have only seen small homes in Stapleton and we were just wondering who is a bigger home builder in Stapleton? Maybe like 3,000 sq ft, 4-5 bedrooms? What kind of homes are there in Stapleton? Is every house the same plan as their neighbors? Also is Stapleton close to being built out? We haven't visited yet so we're a little clueless.

And as for Bradburn Village, what is it like there? I've read here that it's very social and friendly, but what about the houses there? What builders are the best?

We're kinda torn between the two so some pros and cons would be great. Both of our jobs are in Stapleton, but we'd be willing to make the drive for the community, so it's a tough decision. Sorry for all the questions, but thanks for your help!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 12:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viviannecosgrove1 View Post
Hi! My husband and I are planning a move to Colorado and we're really interested in the Stapleton or Bradburn Village area!

So far, my husband and I have only seen small homes in Stapleton and we were just wondering who is a bigger home builder in Stapleton? Maybe like 3,000 sq ft, 4-5 bedrooms? What kind of homes are there in Stapleton? Is every house the same plan as their neighbors? Also is Stapleton close to being built out? We haven't visited yet so we're a little clueless.

And as for Bradburn Village, what is it like there? I've read here that it's very social and friendly, but what about the houses there? What builders are the best?

We're kinda torn between the two so some pros and cons would be great. Both of our jobs are in Stapleton, but we'd be willing to make the drive for the community, so it's a tough decision. Sorry for all the questions, but thanks for your help!
I have no vested interest in either, so I'll say, "live in Stapleton"! It's a long, sometimes brutal drive from Bradburn to Stapleton, 17 miles, 24 minutes without traffic according to Google.

Old 01-01-2015, 01:48 PM

698 posts, read 2,047,101 times
I live in Bradburn and while I love it, would not recommend the drive from here to Stapleton if you work in Stapleton. When there is no traffic the commute isn't bad, about 20-25 minutes is accurate, but the main highway--270--to get there from here can be a nightmare during rush hour and easily double or triple that time. However, were you wiling to do that, here's some info.

All of Bradburn's single family homes are built and we have homes the size you want resale right now between 575-700k. All currently listed are by good builders and have been built since 2004. Bradburn is very social and friendly with lots of neighborhood events, you will know your neighbors. It's much like a village or small town.

How it differs from Stapleton:

--Bradburn is much, much smaller than Stapleton but both places are friendly and social. The difference is you will know everyone in Bradburn whereas Stapleton is so large you will know mostly the people on your street or local area within Stapleton.

--Bradburn does not now have any new single family construction, it's all built out for those. Stapleton does so you could build from the start if you wanted

--Bradburn is much more walkable. Every house is in 5-15 minutes walking distance to shops, restaurants, services, and two organic grocers (Sprouts and our brand new Whole Foods which looks like is going to bankrupt me as I can't stay away from the place.) In Stapleton, there are lots of parks in walking distance from every home and sidewalks, but the vast majority of homes are not in reasonable walking distance from shops or restaurants.

--Stapleton is much closer to downtown and the airport, Bradburn is close to Boulder

--You will get more house for the money in Bradburn

--All of Bradburn's home schools are excellent and they must take your children if you live here. Most of Stapleton's schools are good also but they are all choice and your child is not guaranteed a spot.

--Stapleton has much nicer playgrounds inside the neighborhood, although Bradburn has 9 pocket parks, it has only two small playgrounds

Old 01-01-2015, 02:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
^^What schools are within Bradburn?

"Every student in Stapleton is guaranteed a seat at Northfield High School. The choice priorities are still being created by the Choice Office at this moment, but you can find the Board of Education decision about the boundary and priorities here.

A current middle school student at DSST: Conservatory Green or DSST: Stapleton is guaranteed a seat in their respective high schools because the first students seated at a school are those moving up from one grade to the next. Students wishing to move from a DSST middle school to Northfield High must enter the choice lottery. Students wishing to attend DSST at the high school level who did not attend the middle school must enter the choice lottery. . . .Stapleton and Park Hill formed a shared middle school boundary in 2014. . . . No elementary student living in Stapleton is guaranteed a seat at any one elementary school. Instead, Stapleton children are guaranteed a seat at one of the 5 elementary schools in the Stapleton Elementary School Boundary. Within that larger boundary, each elementary school also has a priority zone, allowing students who live in close proximity to a school to have a slightly higher chance of getting into their closest school. You can find the proximity zones here (third page)."

https://sites.google.com/site/sunweb...-school-choice

Old 01-01-2015, 04:00 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,557,632 times
Stapleton is definitely not a place where every house is the same as the neighbors. They brought in multiple builders in each phase to avoid this.

All the builders are listed on the right side of this page a little way down:
The Neighborhoods - Stapleton Denver

Spend a lot of time on that website familiarizing yourself with options.

My friends live in a Parkwood home about the size you are describing. There are others that build that size and much larger.

As everyone else said, you would be crazy to not live in Stapleton if both jobs are in Stapleton.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:16 PM

322 posts, read 525,040 times
Here's a list of every builders line of homes in Stapleton - Find Your Home - Stapleton Denver. Each line will have 4-6 different floorplans and each floorplan will have 2-3 different facades. Some builders also have some flexibility within each floorplan. Forest City (the master developer) will typically give a builder one side of a block for a line (the other side will be a different builder). The builder then varies the floorplans and facades on the block to create some differentiation.

There is still a lot of building to complete for Stapleton. Forest City is currently on pace to finish the Denver portion of Stapleton around 2019. After that, they are going to come back and build out the Aurora section of Stapleton.

We built our home in Stapleton after searching for a resale for a while. If you have any questions about the process, feel free to PM me.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:18 PM

698 posts, read 2,047,101 times
That's good about school choice in Stapleton, I was under the impression it was possible to not get a spot in any close school based on a comment a neighbor made who moved from Stapleton. This makes more sense. She also said that their schools are very overcrowded but I have no idea if that's true and schools here are crowded too because taxpayers voted against raising taxes to pay for new schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver