Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 02:27 AM

1,537 posts, read 1,913,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
When I moved here I never had a problem dating but then again I am really good looking. See!
That's actually a bad example. I'm pretty sure there's an interview with him saying how when he was first out in LA he couldn't get a date until he started getting roles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 03:47 PM

24 posts, read 23,819 times
When I was choosing to date, it wasn't difficult at all.

And for those that aren't model-handsome or have 100G in their bank account...worry not. Many bearded, short, fat guys are moving here now because marijuana's legal. Mediocre-looking men w small savings accounts are going to be the new hot guys w/ 100G bank accounts in a couple of years.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:41 AM

5,356 posts, read 5,134,067 times
I found the singles scene to be disappointing in Denver. It could have been just where I was, but there didn't seem to be many single ladies period, attractive or otherwise. Lakewood seemed to have a lot of retirees. On the light rail most women were older. At the bars and Rockies game and concerts I went to, there were attractive ladies no doubt, but there were always like 2 men in the group for each female.

I gave tinder a shot while being up there, and I got maybe 6 or 7 attractive matches for females the whole time of never swiping left, all of them never replying. I changed it to males only, swiped right only one time for like 100 chances, and got 50 matches with several of them sending me messages (which I didn't reply to lol). That pretty much summed up the experience for me. It's not whether your attractive or not cause clearly the guys thought I was decently attractive, its the availability that is the clincher. The M:F ratio does matter.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Pitt Ash View Post
For a lot of people college just seems like something to be checked off the list anymore. Many jobs seem to require a degree for no reason. Market's flooded with degrees anyway so they mean less now. Plus all that dept is creating a situation where life gets put off longer. And it doesn't help the older generations are asking why kids are so lazy and not getting on with life (when their situation was so much different than the one today).

There's also a movement/fad where guys are just dropping out of social life, choosing not to get married, father kids that they have no way of taking care of, and just turning to a life of video games and other media.

Seems odd and somewhat shocking, but it's already commonly seen in Japan.
this japan thing is very interesting...

Old 09-26-2015, 01:22 PM

373 posts, read 367,963 times
Plenty of women in Dallas. I need to visit Denver.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:51 PM

289 posts, read 776,267 times
I've been in the Denver area for about 10 months and haven't had much luck. I haven't been super aggressive, but it's been disappointing for sure. Haven't received any responses from gals I reached out to online, either.

Old 09-26-2015, 04:06 PM

82 posts, read 88,420 times
I agree with the m/f ratio not being very good. I'm newly single here and observing it firsthand. I just moved out here as well so I don't know a ton of people but it seems like a hard game. At the same time, I've seen a site call it the best city for singles. Maybe for single females.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:16 AM

170 posts, read 246,292 times
It is easier to meet other girls in meetup groups. I have a friend that wasn't into going to bars and clubs to meet other girls and was find somebody in one of these meetup groups.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:48 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
At this point, having a college education in a worthless field is not worth going to college over versus having a lot of intelligence. All that debt stacked up and carrying that burden with another person would make the other person think twice of being in a relationship. Lastly, men are MUCH BETTER off being single until drastic changes are made in standards of relationships.
Underlined caps above bolded - added in.

Standards of double standards.

Standards of common law marriage.

Standards of divorce laws.

What do these three above have in common?

And "PWEEEEEEEZE" the divorce laws and such in Colorado are "moyder" for men!

In fact some guy asked me over this past weekend why I never married by my age (I'm going in my mid 50's). I told him to go to an honest divorce attorney and ask why men should get married.

I've seen the women college degree to wanting the man with the same PLUS he has to earn more, a lot more (= -ing divorce insurance) in many Match.com Colorado profiles.

Last edited by atgss; 09-28-2015 at 12:58 PM..

Old 09-28-2015, 07:11 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,332,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I once lived in a town where men outnumbered women by a lot. One would think that would translate to women having their pick. Not so. Instead it was more like stepping into brosville where all the men hung out together and OD'd on their own testosterone. They wanted girls, just not girlfriends. That's not to say that Denver is like this, it's a big city, more people in general so I doubt it but just wanted to share my anecdote about how more men does not always equate to women having their pick. Sometimes it just makes things weird.
I lived and dated in Seattle for years and I notice on CD that a lot of people have this exaggerated, grossly misrepresented image of Seattle being this sausagefest of every woman's dream man. People seem to assume that all men in Seattle look like Johnny Depp and earn as much money as he does. Come on, get real. If you're a single gal in Seattle and looking to marry, you basically have two options: fugly IT worker with no personality and ZERO social skills, or hypersensitive, art-damaged hipster who makes $15/hr working at a cafe (where he'll proudly work forever). In Portland, you only have the latter as a choice. I'd imagine these types run the gamut in Denver too, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver